Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
railtrolley

Default Bullbar or nudge bar fitting

Hi all, my AUII cab chassis Tradesman carries alot of 6m long conduits and colourbond sheets. I'm thinking about getting a nudge bar so I can fit a front rack to help carry these, without having them sticking over a metre out the back. I've heard alot of nonsense about how you have to have a nudge bar fitted and calibrated for the air bag. Most places charge about $800 for a nudge bar fitted. Anyone got any ideas about were I can get a cheaper one. I'm not rolling in cash.

railtrolley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

I paid $450 for mine from ozraxs, it's an ECB (east coats bull bars though). I think fitting was gonna be $50 more but I did it my self.
You can get one from bluey's ute world, or even tjm I think.
These bars don't have to be calibrated or vice versa for the bar, since the bar is made for that type of car.(that’s why ozraxs outsource, since he's a small business it's not worth him either accrediting the bars or getting the right machines).

Although, you'll find most place's will say that if you have a airbag and fit a nudge bar, you can carry conduit on that bar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey's ute world
To help carry long (light) loads consider a Conduit Carrier, which can be mounted off your Nudge Bar or Bull Bar (providing you don't have an airbag).
Pic of my bar for you

So, yes there are cheaper one's, but you can't really do what you want it to do

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

400 fitted bocar nudgebar.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
400 fitted bocar nudgebar.
Same for me as well.
I needed a nudgebar to mount my lights ... cos they crappy Unibars can't handle LightForce lights ... as Orbit will attest to. They have the welded tabs to accommodate the frame work for the front rails that you need (a lot of nudgebars do).

I'd show you a pic of mine ... but Orbit will post a pic of his and make my lights look small ... :lookedat:

Ahhh ... stuffit ... here's a pic ... mine the Bocar 76mm polished nudgebar.

Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
railtrolley

Thanks your your help everyone, given me some contacts to look up. Some of those spotties look like they could heat up your dinner.
railtrolley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Have a look in the Nightwatch thread in the AU Workshop Build section ... and you will see what a decent set of driving lights on Orbit's ute does (turns night into day ... seriously)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post