Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
mzaddi
Starter Motor

Default Ford Escape-Problems help !

Hey all,
I have a 2001 Ford Escape XLT V6. I have only had it for around 5 months. It started idling rough and when driving runs weird, loses power and jerks you etc. To stop iot most times I will put it into OD mode.Engine light was on the past 3 weeks. Got it checked at ford and the code that came up was the egr valve. Replaced it for $170. Still runs bad and idles so rough and makes a ticking noise in the morning. I recently serviced it, changed spark plugs etc etc.. I have read people have had a lot of problems with this model, same kinds of problems. Don't want to spend too much more on it. Someone said to check air flow meter etc.. Can anybody give some advice if you know anything about this..

mzaddi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Escape-Problems help !

I've seen one with a split vacuum hose do the same thing....
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
mzaddi
Starter Motor

ok ill write that on a list of things to look at .. cheers
mzaddi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #4
FPV0002
FPV0002

I had a very similar problem with a Holden rodeo I bought, check engine light always on, very jerky and losing power. Turned out it was the air flow meter. Id get that checked hope that's any help
FPV0002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the check list as you are doing is the go i reckon, hard to beat eyes and testing/ swapping stuff over, i just don`t hold a huge amount of faith in diagnostic codes (probably to my detriment ), if all else fails i would also have a look at the engine loom, ignition wiring, etc, washed the engine recently with a high pressure hose? electricals can get dislodged, damaged even corroded, good luck.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #6
Windsor220
Now Fordless

The big vacuum hose at the top rear of the intake manifold is the biggest culprit with these things.

Ignition coils go all the time too.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post