Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Eastern Creek feasibility study plans released

Eastern Creek feasibility study plans released

Sydney could be in line to host Australia's first permanent motor racing 'supercircuit' equal to the world's best, according to plans released today.

A $350,000 feasibility study commissioned by the Australian Racing Drivers Club (ARDC) has outlined opportunities to use Eastern Creek International Raceway as the basis of the world-class development.

The plan includes three interlinked tracks offering six permutations, of which three can be used simultaneously.

The track developments also allow for year-round use of the complex for road safety training, as well as providing convention facilities, music arenas and a purpose-built 'youth entertainment' bowl.

The ARDC and designer, UK-based Apex Circuit Design, presented the plan this week to the NSW state government, owners of the Eastern Creek Raceway complex.

According to Apex the new facility could be built within two years using more than 70 per cent of the existing Eastern Creek circuit as its base.

The existing infrastructure would enable the supercircuit to be built for approximately one-third of the cost of a greenfields site.

Initial estimates for the cost of track development are $93 million, with graded implementation to suit budget requirements.

More
http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive...reek_plans.htm

Old 07-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Track looks great, EC is up there with PI as another one of Australias great track, Homebush is a joke compared to this.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still dont like the pits on the inside. Should have made them on the outside all along. I have always liked the circuit and if they gan get better use out of it this way well and good. Financial viability is always a trial with racetracks.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Western Australian Government had better take notice of this project.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

They also need to vastly improve wheelchair access. For instance, you can't go from the Grandstand to the Pits unless you're prepared to go outside and wheel along Brabham Drive and then up the long road to the Tunnel. I've seen a guy is an Electric Wheelchair do just this!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
The Western Australian Government had better take notice of this project.
Last i heard they were conducting a similar study into investing into Barbagello, extending the track and re-building the pits...

Perminant circuits are what we get to race on, i'll be avoiding all Street Circuit in the future or were going to end up with very limited real racetracks left in the country in a hurry.

Bye bye Oran Park, Sandown will be on the chopping block next..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #7
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Seems more of a consolation for getting rid of Oran Park :(
The Advanced driver training and skid pan activities held there will need to be relocated.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Looks great, obviously found that they didn't get much for $30M though.

The cost with more exensive works is $93M. But they are due to resurface the track within 2years, so might as well lay some new track whilst your at it.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
Jayden
Graphic Artist

coolness. Australia needed a world class circuit, might mix things up a bit for the better in the future.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #10
AuFairlaneV8

So 4 extra corners and the track will run the opposite way, meh. Can't see it ever hosting a formula 1 event, and would be sad to see MotoGp go here instead of Philip Island.

Guess it is some consolation for the loss of Oran Park...Oran park had something about it that Eastern Creek lacks, even with dated facilities and a curcuit that could not be called world class it was always a more exciting place to watch motorsport, better atmosphere and the on track action is always more exciting.
AuFairlaneV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Seems more of a consolation for getting rid of Oran Park :(
The Advanced driver training and skid pan activities held there will need to be relocated.
are you for real??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i better book mine in soon
Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

North Queensland needs a permenent raceway!!!

Brisbane is too far.

But it's good to hear that we'll have a world class circuit!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 03:33 AM   #13
MRJUCY
Fordless

Looks interesting it would be a shame to lose turn 1 & looks like it would lose the flow of the current circuit & become more of a point & squirt track which I don't think will be as interesting from a drivers perspective but it seems to be the way tracks are going around the world.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post