Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford configurator gone

I noticed a while ago that the configurator on the Ford site appeared to be missing. I thoght they might be doing an upgrade or whatever so I waited.

Is it just hiding and I can't find it or does Ford think thet we are going to go to a showroom and ask what options are available and then get told what is in stock for immediate sale and everything else is deleted/banned/will take 1000 years/kills fluffy puppies/makes your mum cry....

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

i phoned ford customer service about this probably 6 weeks ago, they said they dont know why, but its probably a cost cutting thing

guy i talked to reckoned if enough people complained it'd probably be brought back
Old 31-12-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Flappist you can still get a list and price from the acessories tab, under the picture of the car model your looking at, however it is not as good as the configurator was.

Its been gone since the current version of the website was put up. It was one of the most useful parts of the last website.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
XRchic
Hello

Yes we had noticed the same thing a while back. Typical.

I have never been on the Holden website but I bet its a lot better than the Ford rubbish. Why do Ford always shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to marketing generally? Such as embarrassingly bad tv commercials, poor merchanidse and availability and a very average website? Its not new - Holden are always better at these things... marketing over substance?

Ford, get your act together!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I fully agree it was a handy tool. I hope it comes back.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:56 AM   #6
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

XRchic, last time i looked the list of options on the holden website was pretty pathetic......
Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 AM   #7
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
XRchic, last time i looked the list of options on the holden website was pretty pathetic......
At least they maintain a common theme then. _2:
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have also noticed that you can not get the photos of your car on the production line being assembled any more
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Yes we had noticed the same thing a while back. Typical.

I have never been on the Holden website but I bet its a lot better than the Ford rubbish. Why do Ford always shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to marketing generally? Such as embarrassingly bad tv commercials, poor merchanidse and availability and a very average website? Its not new - Holden are always better at these things... marketing over substance?

Ford, get your act together!
Holden can actually build a car to, specially with the VE, the amount of extra testing thats done over Ford its no suprise we all had so many problems with the BA's, Ford is a joke. :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post