Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2005, 08:28 AM   #1
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Default aufalcon.com big family BBQ day & AU show and shine, April 23rd.. all welcome.

Well, the date has been set, it will be April 23rd 2006 at Albert Park Lake in Melbourne.
BLUPRNT XR8 has booked it so its set (and I for one really appreciate the efforts he went to for us all, looking forward to meeting him too).
Why so late? Well, as we know it was already booked out solid on a Sunday till mid March. Then the Commonwealth Games has it booked, then the Aust GP. So April 23rd is the first available booking. Not so bad really. It will be a bit cooler (mid summer is not all that much fun with the heat and flies), give those who need time to organize things that time and lets everyone get that “one new mod” they are hoping for between now and then.

Price is $10 per car (to cover costs) to pay for food and drinks on the day, everything will be provided.

Updates:
Doc from THEMBOYS is donating 2 prize's to the winners of the Show and Shine.
$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "local" AU (local being accepted Melb Metro area and suburbs including Geelong).
$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "travelling" AU (Country Vic and any other state).
AFF Admin have also donated an AFF shirt, hat & keyring for the Show & Shine. Catagory to be determined shortly.

Stiddy has arranged 2 Tascco AU racecars to attend.

Purolater Filters are donating prizes for the following
:
Best overall AU V8 Looks and Performance – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter
Best overall AU I6 Looks and Performance – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter

Best Sounding AU V8 – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter
Best Sounding AU I6 – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter

Most unusual modification AU V8 - Oil Filter and Air Filter
Most unusual modification AU I6 - Oil Filter and Air Filter

Most stock AU V8 – Oil Filter and Air Filter
Most stock AU I6 – Oil Filter and Air Filter

Longest distance traveled – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter

Hard Luck award – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter

QUAD-TECH AUST. will be sponsoring 1st and 2nd place trophies for the following AU categories.
Best AU Sedan
Best AU Ute
Best AU Wagon
Best Series 1 AU (all body shapes)
Best Series 2 AU (all body shapes)
Best Series 3 AU (all body shapes)

As we have plenty of time, lets just start a list of who is coming (remember, $10 a car, not $10 a person) so families etc are welcome and encouraged. Bring the wife, the kids, the girlfriends, significant others etc. Closer to the day a map will be put up in the thread with details of location etc.
Any othe suggestions or comments are more than welcome.

Non AU’s will also, as usual, be more than welcome to attend with the only condition that they park to one end of the parking lot to allow “group shots” of all the AU’s.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 10-03-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post