Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
9lives

Default how was your ford dealer????

Ok so the time has come for me to get back into a ford.

At the moment im going through the processes involved in purchasing my brand new BF mk2 xr6t ute. Im currently dealing with Thomsons Ford in Parramatta, Sydney, but i will be shopping around a bit.

Just wanted to hear peoples comments on thier personal experiances with the particular ford dealer they used as this is my first brand new car im interested in some feedback and what to expect.

good, bad, ugly, price, promises, service, quality.... fire away

Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #2
nobbystang

double check prices here, advertising $6k off

www.discountnewcars.com.au

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
boss 300

mate shopping around is a good idea, from esperience,before you sign,on the dotted line the are your best friends,after they just dont care as much,keep a good meccanic,for after warranty.sorry for my spelling
Old 04-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
9lives

Ihave seen that site...I think ford have started the runout pricing early to keep sales goin till the orion release
if i can save money like that i dont see the point of waiting.
its not twin turbo but still a great ute for day to day

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang

Old 04-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #5
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shop around is by far the best advice. What works for one person may not be all that great for another, people personalities, bad days, bookings against quota etc etc.
I have recently done the shop around thing and found City Ford in crown St. Sydney and had a real great experience with them. Way better than anyone else and I don't mean just in price, the dealer (Ben) actually knew what he was talking about and listened to what I wanted. A very rare quality in a car dealer.
so take some time to shop around.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The Ford dealers in the sponsor section have some good feedback.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #7
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

car salesmen are as slippery as a diesel spill on Lino.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As long as you don't want any after sales service Thomson's are OK.

Till you sign the paperwork.

Then they don't want to know you.

I'd drive to Perth before I bought a car of them again and I only live 5 minutes from their yard.!!!!!!!!! :togo:
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #9
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I tried to buy a used car off the Ford Lot on the Hume Hwy at Bankstown / Chullora.

I would recommend you do not go there if you are a person who likes good customer service.

Happy car hunting.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #10
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

I travelled to Sydney to buy my sedan years ago, went to Thompsons, they were A-holes, so rude, couldnt believe i wanted a black car, i left. Went to the Ford dealer at Campbelltown *as i was staying with a mate at moss vale*, they were awesome, super friendly, i was shocked how easy it was.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #11
charlie200
please insert coins

thompson fords used car salesmen are pigs not too sure about the new sales tho... i bought 3 different cars from jubilee ford at five dock and that was the best service i have ever had,even after the sale but considering thats gone now i recommend alto ford artarmon they are exellent just dont get it serviced there.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #12
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
I travelled to Sydney to buy my sedan years ago, went to Thompsons, they were A-holes, so rude, couldnt believe i wanted a black car, i left. Went to the Ford dealer at Campbelltown *as i was staying with a mate at moss vale*, they were awesome, super friendly, i was shocked how easy it was.
Yeah the salemen at Macarthur Ford are bloody good and very helpful. As for their Service Centre and spare parts guy, you're better off driving to Narellen.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #13
formerly
loving the Xr8

Just bought an BFII XR8 ute through Titan Ford in Brookvale, and have been nothing but a dream, from the first call enquiring about one, till now when they couldnt be more helpful, the ute was delivered friday yet still helping me out!. Shopped around a bit, Thompson Ford, City Ford (lazy option, i work round the corner from them) and Titan Ford won me over....

Thats car number 4 ive been involved in purchasing in the last 15 months from them (2 for me only) and will be buying number 5 there when that time comes!!
formerly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #14
RapidBF
Rapid BF XR8 Ute

I have purchased 3 new cars from Peter Dullard Ford in East Gippsland and have been more than happy with the service I have received. When I went to buy the ute from them I was selling my AUII XR6 ute to a friend, and she was having problems getting finance, so they purchased the ute from me for the price I was selling it to her, then sold it to her for the same price so she could go through Ford Credit for the finance. They had to pull lots of strings, but they got it done for me. Any problems I have 1 phone call and its either sorted out or I have a date to take the vehicle in and get it fixed.
I brought the AU XR6 from Valley Ford in Traralgon (just before they closed) was happy enough, but I wouldnt rave over the service but nothing to complain about.
RapidBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 04:30 AM   #15
9lives

awesome thanks for the feedback everyone

im off to dominelli and city ford rockdale 2morrow
i might cruise over to artrmon and brooky too.

ill keep you posted cheers
Old 06-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #16
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Peter Warren Special in Smithfield, ask for Dean! aka "RATT". Can't go wrong.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #17
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I can recommend the following:

Sinclair Ford - Penrith
Winford Ford - Mcgrath's Hill/Windsor (I can highly recommend their service department ... no issue with warranty repairs/replacements either ... easy)
Rod Lawrence Ford - Campbelltown ... i think it is called Macarthur Ford or something like that after that moved out of the Queen St premises.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #18
landau5.8

I recommend that you dont go to a certain FORD dealer in Bankstown. The service is bad,bad bad............
Sinclair Ford is way better.
landau5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #19
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

we bought my missus's focus at city ford rockdale, whilst con ( the salesman) was a bit over enthusiastic, the service was very good and i would go back there again.

otherwise id go to brad garlick ford at top ryde, great crew, great sales and after sales, and as i found out last week, brad garlick was my fathers favourite dealership in the 70's. he bought both his cortina and his xy panno from them
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #20
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

how was your Ford Dealer????

Not too bad...his stamina could have been better and he let down the servicing department but other than that. 7 out of 10...ok!!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #21
XRUTEDAVE
Starter Motor

Well I just bought my XR8 ute from John Mcgrath ford in Belconnen ACT. They were very good to deal with, even to the point of ringing me to let me know that the Craig Lowndes were coming out (I went in, purly co-incidently the morning after Bathurst) and they had basically what I wanted for about 5 grand less. I love it by the way. :
XRUTEDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #22
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Power ford wer great for the sale price was good and cars have always been well precented (see David Moore a nice guy who trys to help) but the service geeezooos its woooooofulll at best

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #23
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My fam has been using Dominelli since it opened at Kirrawee (and even before- since it was southside ford at caringbah opposite the hospital) and they have always been fantastic. Both sales and service are excellent, unless you're unfortunate enough to be dealing with a certain saleswoman who would probably cut a work collegues throat if it meant another sale for her.

I was there with my nan n she tried some bull-shizzle to steal us away from another salesperson, Adam Dominelli (DP) saw it, came out, gave her a dressing down (outside hearing range, but the facial expressions gave it away) and had rather a stern chat with the entire sales staff about customer service. We've had 5 new cars from them (EAII, EBII, EL, AUII) and have always been happy. Have been teetering on the edge of a 6th (or possibly a used one) for a long while and they've been very helpful.
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #24
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got a letter from the dealer where I bought my car from stating I shouldn't forget about regular servicing. It went on to say that they would like to offer me a free 3,000 k service. As far as I know, that's a standard service offered on all new cars, and really, it's not even a service as they don't change the oil, just check that nothing has fallen off. It sounded like they were really doing me a favour. Anyway I rang them and told them that the car has already had its 3,000 service. At another dealership, and guess what, it was free. :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 05:06 AM   #25
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
gees xr8fella,i went to coffs harbour to buy my pursuit back in 04,mike blewitt ford put me in a resort for the night.next morning picked up the pursuit and drove back down to sydney.i think it was the day after v8sc eastern ck april 04 $55000 drive away no more to pay!
all i could see on the way home was that big lump in the middle
Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #26
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought an AUII XR8 220kW from Thomson Ford in 2001. The salesman was great but left before the car was delivered. The car was great too. Service was OK but too often it had to go back because the parts weren't available. ( It was delivered with the central bass speaker missing from the Premium Sound system. That was fixed but then the rear parcel shelf wasn't available)

When I was looking around for the GTP they didn't really want to know me and the used car guy that valued the XR8 was an absolute d***head.

I got a great deal on the GTP from Sinclair Ford in 2003 and they still look after me well today.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #27
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Yeah the salemen at Macarthur Ford are bloody good and very helpful. As for their Service Centre and spare parts guy, you're better off driving to Narellen.
i tend to disagree with you on this airmon(concerning the service centres)

macarthur ford campbelltown service centre 100% very helpful!

macarthur ford smeaton grange(narellan) service centre very dodgy!

see my post in this thread thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11200708
Old 08-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #28
BFYOOT

mate ring national car search 0294565500 i think their number was. saved 4k on my xr8 ute and cost me nothing. you just tell them exactly what you want, colour, transmission etc and they do the looking for you. never waste my time with dealers again, they treated me like i was a dumb *** hill-billy until I went in my work clothes (trousers, good shirt etc) then they were all over me. do your research, decide exactly what you want, and let them get the best price.
this was over 2 yrs ago but, so cant even guarantee they still exist unfortunately
BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #29
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmelon
My fam has been using Dominelli since it opened at Kirrawee (and even before- since it was southside ford at caringbah opposite the hospital) and they have always been fantastic. Both sales and service are excellent, unless you're unfortunate enough to be dealing with a certain saleswoman who would probably cut a work collegues throat if it meant another sale for her.

I was there with my nan n she tried some bull-shizzle to steal us away from another salesperson, Adam Dominelli (DP) saw it, came out, gave her a dressing down (outside hearing range, but the facial expressions gave it away) and had rather a stern chat with the entire sales staff about customer service. We've had 5 new cars from them (EAII, EBII, EL, AUII) and have always been happy. Have been teetering on the edge of a 6th (or possibly a used one) for a long while and they've been very helpful.
Been dealing there for a number of year ourselves & on Sales they have been great; not too bad on service either, just some delays in parts.
I'm currently dealing with your lady friend on a Mondeo XR5 & letting her sweat out me returning her calls while I run some numbers with the accountant. Will shop around & give her last shot.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #30
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang

This site is amazing

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT