Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
groops

Default Question about Seats?!

Hey guys! I'm looking to buy a Fairlane Ghia Leather interior. It's from a S2 AU Fairlane Ghia and I'm looking at putting it into a S3 XR6. Do you reckon it'll fit? The driver's side seat is an electronic one, so are wiring looms fitted to all cars or only ones with those seats?

Mike

groops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Dont forget that if you change the seats from original you may need an engineers cert for rego.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by groops
Hey guys! I'm looking to buy a Fairlane Ghia Leather interior. It's from a S2 AU Fairlane Ghia and I'm looking at putting it into a S3 XR6. Do you reckon it'll fit? The driver's side seat is an electronic one, so are wiring looms fitted to all cars or only ones with those seats?

Mike
As far as I know they will fit the fairlane floor plan is just a stretched falcon.

I want my brother to buy the same ones you are thinking about(ebay right) for his AU fairmont
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
groops

Lol...yeah...they are the ones I'm looking at. I wouldn't have thought that you'd need an engineer's certificate if you're putting in genuine stuff. You're just replacing it like for like...
Old 12-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lol...yeah...they are the ones I'm looking at. I wouldn't have thought that you'd need an engineer's certificate if you're putting in genuine stuff. You're just replacing it like for like...
I wouldnt think so either,and to be honest,I wouldnt be getting one how could you tell weather they were factory fitted or you fitted them so long as you use all the factory mounts go for it.

PS: my brother just bought a mk1 cortina so he wont be spending money on his AU so ,we wont be bidding on the seats.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Sorry I didn't mean to put the idea down, but I'd check with your insurance company anyway as it's not a standard fitting for that model.

And we all know Insurance companies will use ANYTHING to avoid a payout

Just to give you an idea, when we bought the Barge we had a towbar fitted -from the Ford dealer we bought the car from-. My Ins Co wanted to know if it was fitted from the factory or as an aftermarket item and this had to be noted on the policy!!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
groops

Yeah fair enough about the insurance policy...Just spoke to AAMI, they just said that it's fine and that I should just let them know so that the leather is covered in the event of a claim. No extra, no mod, no need for engineer's cert.

Mike
Old 12-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #8
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah fair enough about the insurance policy...Just spoke to AAMI, they just said that it's fine and that I should just let them know so that the leather is covered in the event of a claim. No extra, no mod, no need for engineer's cert.

Mike
tell them to send you a copy of the policy with it listed, I know AAMI for the promises they say and never actually give

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post