Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-06-2005, 07:42 AM   #31
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Guy's I've found out that Ford NZ has a leather option in the Zetec - I'm surprised Australia doesn't have it as an option.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 01:22 PM   #32
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Ford NZ is totally different the NZ market is very different also. Anything's an option if you're willing to pay for it... however it would be a nice option, just like on the Mazda SP23 Luxury pack.
Old 29-06-2005, 06:25 PM   #33
rider007

Zetec, Still waiting for interior photos of the CL and LX please.
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #34
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Oops my bad sorry!! Totally forgot. I'll see what I can do tonight!!
Old 29-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #35
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Ford NZ is totally different the NZ market is very different also. Anything's an option if you're willing to pay for it... however it would be a nice option, just like on the Mazda SP23 Luxury pack.
They get the current model Mondeo too...... yet Ford Aust can't make a go of it?!
Old 29-06-2005, 11:40 PM   #36
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Ford have made it clear on that one. They don't perceive the market to be big enough for the Mondeo here. The market in NZ is very different to our own. Ford is also Market leader over there, with Falcon, Territory and Mondeo. I'm guess a Mondeo would automatically do better where the company is market leader, based on image alone. I learnt to drive in a Mondeo, loved it! Wouldn't say no to an ST220 Eastate mmmmm
Old 29-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #37
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

mmm very nice car...

Im excited about the new model I think it will certainly give the mazda 3 a run for its money...

Hopefully Ford gets serious with its marketing.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #38
zetec
Zoom Zoom

OK here we go.

The CL shown has both the Smooth Packs (Leather Wheel with Cruise, Power mirrors and 15" Alloys) and the Safety Pack (ABS with EBD, Passenger Bag) optioned but shows the interior, other than the non standard leather wheel. No pics of that sorry guys.

Zetec shown a few brief shots, major difference faux carbon fibre centre trim on console, looks very nice.

Ghia shown for reference. Notice the Ghia and Zetec get centre armrests and covered cup holders. In all honesty, I would take the CL's lack of armrest, more user friendly centre bin and the open cupholders ANY day.

Vignale Concept interior sown just to make you all jealous!! ;) I want those 20 inch rims though!!!

Sorry for keeping you all waiting, always here to help 4:

Pics here!
Old 30-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #39
lincoln
Blinded

Matt, is the bodykit on the Zetec here fit by Ford Australia or a factory kit?
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #40
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Factory fitted. Asia Pacific Bodykit.
Old 30-06-2005, 08:18 AM   #41
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford have made it clear on that one. They don't perceive the market to be big enough for the Mondeo here. The market in NZ is very different to our own. Ford is also Market leader over there, with Falcon, Territory and Mondeo. I'm guess a Mondeo would automatically do better where the company is market leader, based on image alone. I learnt to drive in a Mondeo, loved it! Wouldn't say no to an ST220 Eastate mmmmm

Ford are not the market leaders in NZ, Toyota are and have been for years. Ford have a slim lead over Toyota after 5 months of this year but still a long way to go.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #42
KJGH
G6E Driver

What is the digital thing above the ODO used for in the Vignale?
Old 30-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #43
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Have you got any pics of a CL on the outside with teh smooth pack?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #44
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJGH
What is the digital thing above the ODO used for in the Vignale?
No Idea, it's a Concept only, not an operational vehicles so I'm guessing it'd be trip computer display or something, gear display, anything.

As for Ford being NZ market leaders, I apologise for that mistake. All that matters to me is they give Holden a good caning, Toyota can stick to making their whitegoods, I was talking about car companies not Retravision suppliers :

I have shots of the CL with smooth pack, it's nothing more than a set of alloys on the exterior. I have sedan pics, will try to post them tonight.
Old 30-06-2005, 02:07 PM   #45
b2tf
not here much anymore

What are the odds of the scuff plates of the new model fitting mine? (LR Hatch) I like their logo better than the weirdo 'Focus' one I have now.
Old 30-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #46
rider007

Thanks for the photos Zetec. So the LX interior is the same except for the standard leather wheel ?.
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #47
WASP
Whipple Induced

Well I just ordered a Zetec (black or grey) for my wifes Birthday with a few options (Mats, sports gear knob, tint & alloy pedal covers (if I can get them). Still haven't driven one yet, but my order is subject to it! The dealer reckons it maybe a long wait for delivery as they have already presold more than they did with the Territory. Amazing really considering this dealer is the largest one in SA.
Old 30-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #48
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Awesome, sounds great. Let us know what the final combination is, and your impressions of the test drive!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 08:20 PM   #49
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CDAA, where are you buying from?

I had a horror pre delivery done by a certain dealership (I think the one you're talking about?)

: They mounted the front plate 3cm off centre (couldn't recentre it without having a hole they'd drilled in the bumper exposed); they also drilled holes into the metal boot lid for the rear plate and used self tapper screws instead of using the captive nuts built into the boot; and finally they forgot to take the spacers out of the suspension coil springs (they're to give a higher ride height for shipping.)

Then on top of all that they gave out my mailing address to a junk mail agency. Of course Ford Australia couldn't have given a toss about any of it when I complained. :
Old 30-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #50
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Fantastic!! That's awesome, I'm so proud and excited for you! May be a patient wait but stay in tune with your Dealer and you will definitely be one of the first to drive one!!! Just make sure yous isn't the one that gets driven, although I'm certain they'll have a Demo for that. I think you'll LOVE the Magnum Grey on a HAtch, mind you I haven't seen a black one, only on the Sedan. The finish on the Sedan is really nice, but I still would go for the Grey. Good to have 2 options, you'll love either one!!!!!
Old 30-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #51
zetec
Zoom Zoom

LX is identical to the Focus shown above I believe. Haven't seen one officially but they're all the same apart from the seat trims. The above has the mirrors and wheels, so unless it gets the centre armrest like the Ghia, it should otherwise be identical to the pic above pretty much.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:13 PM   #52
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeost24
CDAA, where are you buying from?

I had a horror pre delivery done by a certain dealership (I think the one you're talking about?)

: They mounted the front plate 3cm off centre (couldn't recentre it without having a hole they'd drilled in the bumper exposed); they also drilled holes into the metal boot lid for the rear plate and used self tapper screws instead of using the captive nuts built into the boot; and finally they forgot to take the spacers out of the suspension coil springs (they're to give a higher ride height for shipping.)

Then on top of all that they gave out my mailing address to a junk mail agency. Of course Ford Australia couldn't have given a toss about any of it when I complained. :
Oh dear!! I currently buy all my cars now from Jarvis at Norwood only. Hillcrest is a joke and I wouldn't go there in a fit. I actually referred Jarvis to by sister who bought a Territory from them but went to Hillcrest for some reason. Their treatment has been average at best with it being topped off recently with her cars transmission failing after they refitted the trans drain plug/plate poorly after a service and all the fluid came out. She bought that car on my good word so this type of thing just really disappoints me.

With my last pre delivery from Jarvis on my BAXR8, the car was presented ok, but a bit ordinary IMO. Engine bay was dirty with had hand prints over it, oil spills etc plus the paint & interior protection had to be redone due to sloppy workmanship. No ones perfect I guess, but I judge them on the overall experience including servicing and support. So far overall they have been good **touch wood**.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #53
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Fantastic!! That's awesome, I'm so proud and excited for you! May be a patient wait but stay in tune with your Dealer and you will definitely be one of the first to drive one!!! Just make sure yous isn't the one that gets driven, although I'm certain they'll have a Demo for that. I think you'll LOVE the Magnum Grey on a HAtch, mind you I haven't seen a black one, only on the Sedan. The finish on the Sedan is really nice, but I still would go for the Grey. Good to have 2 options, you'll love either one!!!!!
Thanks mate!! Yes I'll be looking at the km's on my wifes car when we finally pick it up!! To be honest I think it's going to be black rather than grey, but either way I'm sure it will look the business. Thanks fir the interior pics BTW. I sure love that cream Ghia interior. I wish the Zetec had that as an option but oh well. Sure all will be forgotten once we have it.
Old 30-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #54
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Thanks mate!! Yes I'll be looking at the km's on my wifes car when we finally pick it up!! To be honest I think it's going to be black rather than grey, but either way I'm sure it will look the business. Thanks fir the interior pics BTW. I sure love that cream Ghia interior. I wish the Zetec had that as an option but oh well. Sure all will be forgotten once we have it.
You could always go aftermarket!!! Congrats again. You'll be our first Mk II member!! But - no pics means ing_sm
Old 01-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #55
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CDAA, my ST24 was from Stillwells.

However, I did buy a Laser 4WD turbo new off the Hillcrest Jarvis branch many eons ago (right back when they took over from Frontline Ford) and got conned into the extended warranty. About two years later I tried to make a claim for a solenoid valve in the plumbing for the turbo. It was only then I discovered: 1. the policy was useless and didn't cover the part, 2. the policy had never been lodged and someone had pocketed my $600!? They tried to weasel their way out of it saying it was Frontline Ford's fault, but my contract had Jarvis plastered all over it! :voldar02:
Old 02-07-2005, 05:01 AM   #56
Suth
Suth

Fellas, cant say enough good stuff about adrian brien. Sounds like you blokes are all on the other side of the city though. If you are out that way, it is well worth the look.