Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default Where have all the Ghia's gone?

I was surprised to see that not one member of eurofordclub has a Ghia!

Are there any Focus Ghia owners who read the forums who I could pm?

I want to find out the position etc of the rear interior ghia lights and footwell lights etc

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 12:10 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

We sadly don't have any, partly due to their automatic-only rather unsporting image I think, not too many enthusiasts buy the top of the range auto. As for the next model, Ford are predicting things to change somewhat and the Ghis sales to increase dramatically.

Had a look at the footwell lights, couldn't find any pre-wired connections and as a result, actually broke one of the clips on my internal trim, what a bastard. I couldn't be bothered cutting any wires either, so I gave up.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
WASACL
Phat-Euro

I have only seen old retired people with ghia's....Must be a old thing!

Whos the oldest in the club?

21-ME!
Russ
Old 02-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

LOL I think Stephen might be our oldest member, not that he's exactly old, but he's a Dad. That's mature enough I think!!
Old 02-07-2005, 02:07 AM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Yeh. I'm 47. Probably old enough to be the father of some of you boys!

Bit sad really. I quess I never quite grew up (although had no great interest in cars 'til I was 30)

I've owned the following cars in order:

XD Falcon Midnight Blue . Bought brand new! Company car.

Green Mini

Red Subaru 1600 DL. First car I modded. And set fire too!!! Accidentally of course

Yellow Fiat 124 Sport cc. With sun roof and wire spoke wheels. Very hot

Mazda MX5. With lowered suspension!

Black Audi A4. Factory Sports suspension, Alloys, Powerchip (wife now drives)

Black Tickford TE50 (Series III) with Brembo brakes. 5 speed. 250kW. 500nM torque. Whoa that thing moved...and stopped

Silver Focus Zetec. Can't stop playing with it. Love the handling.

And before you ask....Why go from TE50 to Focus?......it's called "private school fees" for my sons. They are not cheap and something had to give.

But you can see why I would love just a little more grunt from the Focus.......it's hard to drop back 3.6 litres!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 02:53 AM   #6
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Black Tickford TE50 (Series III) with Brembo brakes. 5 speed. 250kW. 500nM torque. Whoa that thing moved...and stopped

Silver Focus Zetec. Can't stop playing with it. Love the handling.

And before you ask....Why go from TE50 to Focus?......it's called "private school fees" for my sons. They are not cheap and something had to give.

But you can see why I would love just a little more grunt from the Focus.......it's hard to drop back 3.6 litres!
Hahah I was going to be the one who asks :P Obviously a wise man who puts his children first T5 + Brembos + Black + 5.6L = Awesome

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

If I could get a new Focus in this combination: Turbo Diesel Ghia 5 door hatch in a manual, then it's the only way Ford could entice me to upgrade. I'd happily punt around in an old persons car that has 340nm torque!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post