Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-07-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
whippet_zetec
Supes

Default First dent

Well folks this morning I got up (hung over mind you from the work 30 June party last night) and I have found a small dent in the drivers door of the "Zetec"....looks like someone has either run a shopping trolly or another car door into the panel leaving behind a small mark and definite dent in the panel...its only small but because the Zetec is cleaned and waxed all the time it strands out like dogs nuts.....

Now if it was on the front or corner it wouldnt stand out so much, but because it is on probably the biggest singular panel on the car in the middle I just know I am going to be looking at it everytime I look at the Zetec......the worst part is it is so small its hardly worth fixing for the cost....guess I will just have to live with it or wait until there is some more costly panel work required and get it done then....

This weekend the Zetec gets its weekly clean so once completed will get a couple mof pics and see if the dent shows up and post.

and yes before anyone asks, I do always try and park as far away from everyone else no matter where I go or at the minimum against a wall or pillar at the shops so at least one side wont get dented by idiots, kids, or poeple in their own little space...

Old 02-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

That sucks!

Sorry to hear someone has damaged your car, I always do the same thing as you to try to avoid such events, I know you take alot of pride in your spectacular example of the Zetec!

Did it chip the paint or just dent and scartch the clear coat?

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
whippet_zetec
Supes

no paint chip fortunately, dent and a small mark at the point of contact.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Ahh could of been worse! Get a mobile dent repairer to come around. They usualy charge 70 bucks a dent and 30 for each dent after that. I dont think it costs too much, seeing a dent in my car would just **** me off id have to get it fixed anyway :P
You will just have to take your door trim off and they can knock it back through without damaging your paint!
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post