Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default New Focus TV Commercial released

So, Ford has finally released the two-part Focus TV commercial tonight, debuted on TV tonight, seen it numerous times on Channel 10, anyone else seen it?

I love it, very funky! Post what you think here!!!

Old 04-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

actually I saw it on Saturday night mate, on TV in Sydney, was also on TV heaps yesterday too.

Not bad, both the sedan and hatch look hot in the commercials.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Only saw the hatch one... The car looks fantastic too. Hopefully sales will skyrocket now.

(Yes, I'm a closet Focus fan)

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #4
guym

Sore it last night. Not bad, but I have to say it is a bit timid. Needs to be more aggressive. Promote more about the good points about the car, just to say it is smooth is a bit light on.

One other thing is that Zetec you should tell everyone you work for ford. You have posted a lot of comments lately about the new car and I think you should state up front that you work for ford so everyone car understand where you are coming from. I believe you comments on and ford vehicle should have up front that this is being said as an employee. I know most people who a regulars here know but for someone who just comes onto the site to do research will not know. This thread is a point in case, you are the first person on to make comment stating how good it is and asking for comment. Other people in the media have to state their interests and I think you should do the same.
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

guym I deliberately avoid threads involving this kind of discussion because I do not comment on behalf of Ford, I comment on my own behalf and make that specifically clear when possible, sorry if I didn't this time. I avoid joining in on specualtion, confirmation or elaboration of details and only post on what is current and open to the public such as the TV ad, which I openly like. Sorry if my post in this thread appeared misleading, it is designed to do no more than start some conversation out of interest and all members here (through my own perhaps dangerous assumption) know I do not post any comapny views on here, it is not the place for that. Again, sorry. I simply present information freely available, post pics of the cars that I have access to such items as my own Motor show pics in Melbourne and pics of the vehicles after launch. I do not post as an employee, rather an enthusiast as I always have and will.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I saw the new ad last night while watching the GP. I swear that is Jackie-O in the commercial.... I want her with the car!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 09:27 PM   #7
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I saw the new ad last night while watching the GP. I swear that is Jackie-O in the commercial.... I want her with the car!

Tim
You Swear Correctly.....

Drive.com.au Story
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #8
marcosambrose

Sure is Jackie O in the hatch and Andrew G in the sedan, i love the new ads, better than the ones they had when Ford released the Mk1 focus, but i loved the Mk1 focus ad with the guy and his chick driving through a forest and they drive through the water splash in front of the crowd...really good.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 10:58 PM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

yep picked the stars in the commercials, how many Foci Hatch do you think Ford would sell if Jackie O came with the car?

but still liked the "Hero's" foci ad better.....
Old 04-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea i saw the ad... the zetec looks lower then stock at the end... but dont they all? The Sedan is really looking good... i think they are onto a winner. I read that for every hatch of the Mazda3 sold, 2 sedans are sold... so considering the Sedan looks euro and classy, they should do well!
Also, now Desperate Housewives is now proudly sponsored by the New Focus... It was previously sponsored by the Fiesta

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #11
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I loved the Heroes ad!

Tim
Old 05-07-2005, 05:51 PM   #12
losfp

You can check out the ads here - http://www.ford.com.au/newfocus/tvc.htm

I like 'em, but they don't really say much about the features or performance.
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 07:50 PM   #13
rider007

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
You can check out the ads here - http://www.ford.com.au/newfocus/tvc.htm

I like 'em, but they don't really say much about the features or performance.
Can anyone get these adverts to play on the Ford Website ?. I get an error message " The Vividas player has not finished loading ".
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #14
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down

I've only seen the sedan one with Andrew G- thought it was pretty lame...

Who buys a car because it's "smooth"?! _ Another sad effort from Ford IMHO.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeost24
I've only seen the sedan one with Andrew G- thought it was pretty lame...

Who buys a car because it's "smooth"?! _ Another sad effort from Ford IMHO.
I'm hoping lots of people!

Astra la vista baby... dammit gotta get to my local Holden Dealer can't contain my passion to by an Astra that my girlfriend wants to steal...
Old 05-07-2005, 10:18 PM   #16
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Astra la vista baby... dammit gotta get to my local Holden Dealer can't contain my passion to by an Astra that my girlfriend wants to steal...
LOL - That's funny.... my sister in law wanted one... But i talked her out of it... she has focus'ed on the correct vehicle now ;)
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #17
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm hoping lots of people!

Hmmmm... my thoughts were "old" people! Not really the sort of thing that attracts young buyers IMHO. At least the Astra advert shows it as something stylish, lively and interesting ; something that drives and handles well.

Smooth to me means cushy ride with no handling, dull, boring. ;) Ford need new PR people before it turns into another Mondeo flop.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #18
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Hmmmm... my thoughts were "old" people! Not really the sort of thing that attracts young buyers IMHO. At least the Astra advert shows it as something stylish, lively and interesting ; something that drives and handles well.

Smooth to me means cushy ride with no handling, dull, boring. ;) Ford need new PR people before it turns into another Mondeo flop.

mmmmmmmmm.....does someone need a hug?

being a little overly critical arent you, becasue lets face it the new focus isnt going to be the worlds best sports hatch now is it so why sell it that way?
Old 07-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #19
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
mmmmmmmmm.....does someone need a hug?

being a little overly critical arent you, becasue lets face it the new focus isnt going to be the worlds best sports hatch now is it so why sell it that way?
That's just my opinion- you don't have to agree!

Let's face it, Ford don't exactly have a good track record for small and medium car promotion/ sales in Australia. They should be able to at least get near Astra's sales numbers with the Focus, but haven't been within cooee.

Time will tell....... ;)
Old 07-07-2005, 07:59 PM   #20
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BTW- here are sales to May this year for 2005 : http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

1 Commodore - 29,131
2 Falcon - 21,894
3 Corolla - 15,849
4 Astra - 14,155
24 Nissan Navara - 4,297 :yeees:
25 Focus - 4,146

So who's adverts work; and who's don't?!

Keep in mind the bottom dollar deals Ford have been offering on the Focus for a couple of months now too- they should be selling like hotcakes.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #21
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
BTW- here are sales to May this year for 2005 : http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

1 Commodore - 29,131
2 Falcon - 21,894
3 Corolla - 15,849
4 Astra - 14,155
24 Nissan Navara - 4,297 :yeees:
25 Focus - 4,146

So who's adverts work; and who's don't?!

Keep in mind the bottom dollar deals Ford have been offering on the Focus for a couple of months now too- they should be selling like hotcakes.
One small problem.... well it's a big one. They need something to sell and they haven't had any stock. Explains the low numbers for the last 3-4 months at least. Give it a few months to grow and a year to gain it's place in the market.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:38 PM   #22
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

I quite like the ads. Gee Jackie O is alright looking when she's not being a total skank. I like the connection between the two ads, catchy. Certainly has the "water cooler" factor.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 09:10 PM   #23
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
One small problem.... well it's a big one. They need something to sell and they haven't had any stock. Explains the low numbers for the last 3-4 months at least. Give it a few months to grow and a year to gain it's place in the market.
They are still trying to flog the old models here in Adelaide!!! Plenty of stocks of them still being advertised...... From what other have posted there are plenty available interstate too (perhaps not all models?)

How about last year's figures then from an October 2004 publication? http://automotivepersonnel.com.au/ne...4v/102004v.pdf

3rd Astra - 2213
8th Focus - 874

(Note- those figures are only for small vehicles- that's why the Focus is at 8th in that listing.)

That works out to over 2.5 Astras sold for every Focus. The figures for this year posted previously work out at over 3.4 Astras per Focus.

I'm not saying the Focus is a bad car, I am saying Ford are hopeless at marketing their products in the small medium class.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:05 AM   #24
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I like the Focus, I like the Heroes ad for the Focus, but otherwise I agree with both Todd and David, Ford's ads to the small and mid car segment have been very poor. While they don't have to be marketed as a race bred track car, they have in the past been rather strange (thinking German scientist Fiesta ads).

Tim
Old 08-07-2005, 08:56 AM   #25
MADDER
FF.com.au SAAB Driver

Quote:
That's just my opinion- you don't have to agree!

Let's face it, Ford don't exactly have a good track record for small and medium car promotion/ sales in Australia. They should be able to at least get near Astra's sales numbers with the Focus, but haven't been within cooee.

Time will tell....... ;)
All true but I went to the flicks the other night and they had both parts of the new ad in between trailers, that's gotta be good. Billboards on the Monash Freeway, and I'm sure lots more to come.

As for the 'smooth' thing look at the Focus demographic, nobody is going to be fooled into thinking the current offerings are screamers. I think the smooth thing will work well for the target market.

The Focus on driving pleasure and thrills can come with the ST models if and when they make it here.

Now = 2006 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi with Heated Seats
MADDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #26
Hawk
I am The Brain!

I really like the ads....although they could say a little bit more about what is in the car.

The ads have achieved their purpose though, my brother immediately wants to get a focus zetec now after seeing the ad (the Jackie O one). He reckons it looks brilliant and is wanting to get rid of his XR6 to get one.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #27
whippet_zetec
Supes

lol...even my HSV owning mate reckons the new Focus hatch in the Jackie O add looks hot
Old 10-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #28
Suth
Suth

Perhaps I am a bit biased, but I would not buy a car cos Jackie whoever is in the ad or the other commercial televison bloke. Ford really only show you what the car looks like and let you interpret "smooth" in the context of small/medium car. I interpret that as uninspiring, underwhelming ride with lots of body roll. Perhaps they can give them away to BBO6 evictees, seems to be the demograph that the ads are aiming at. But, the car looks nice, and the MK2 sedan is a lot more attractive than the MK1 sedan could ever be.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #29
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suth
Perhaps I am a bit biased, but I would not buy a car cos Jackie whoever is in the ad or the other commercial televison bloke.
Agreed. I dont think many people would/will though.

Quote:
Ford really only show you what the car looks like and let you interpret "smooth" in the context of small/medium car.
Thats True, but interpretation is something left to be done when actually driving the car. Its very hard to imagine how ANY car drives/handles from just a TV ad.

Quote:
But, the car looks nice, and the MK2 sedan is a lot more attractive than the MK1 sedan could ever be.
Blasphemy!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #30
Suth
Suth

Fair call.