Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
Mick K.

Question New Focus wheel specs

Will old Focus wheels fit the new one and vice versa? Is the PCD and bolt pattern the same?

Thanks,

MK

Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 12:46 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Nope, they've moved to a 5-stud pattern. Gooooooone.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea i know... gone are my hopes of getting the Zetec rims...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #4
king_pin

Hey Matt (or anyone else who knows the answer),

There will be a much larger aftermarket wheel choice for the 5 stud pattern.

Is it possible to fit the new focus parts on our model focus to enable us to fit 5 stud wheels?

That is without any handling problems etc...
king_pin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 12:44 AM   #5
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Ive already explored this option a little bit, and the responses ive got from everyone is that it would be much more expensive than to actually pay for custom made and drilled rims.
Ive been searching for aftermarket rims for my focus over the last 2 weeks, and i swear to god, 2 wheels with the 4/108 PCD are actually available as a direct fit across all ranges, and those wheels looked really poor. Even the rims with blank patterns ready to be drilled dont tickle my fancy.
Im getting really ****ed off with the fact that NO ONE out there does a rim for a Euro Focus. Time to explore EBay and beyond on the web.
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Ok, for those who say there are no rims out there, you haven't even started looking.

Stop going to Bob Jane and all those rip off merchants (I mean that!) and hit some real stores. www.tempetyres.com.au is a good shop ($80 delivered to your door anywhere in the country) with a massive range of rims that will fit the Focus. I bought my last set of rims there. Big O Tyres and Ozzy Tyres have heaps more too. These shops buy their wheels as blanks and drill the holes as required, that's how its designed.

Any rims you want for your Focus, they can get, within reason. Obviously not all fit but I had about 50 designs to choose from.

The best thing is that you'll only be paying around $1000 for a set of 17s with rubber and around $1800 for a set of 18s with rubber, whereas the rip off merchants like Bob Jane will charge you twice that and tell you that they can only get two styles, simply because they are too lazy to get off their butts and do a bit of research. And shock horror, don't even think about drilling a blank... that means they'll have to work for their money.

If you need help finding rims, feel free to talk to me, but my advice is forget the shopping centre type places, and go to a real store.

Rims for the Focus are just as available as any other import, you just have to know where to look. A conversion with custom drilled rotors would be very costly and good luck with insurance.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #7
Mick K.

Thanks for the replies - I thought that if the wheels were interchangable, and I ended up getting a new LX, I could swap the 16" wheels from my LR Zetec - tyres are slightly different ratio too. Oh well....

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:37 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Nah if you're going to that trouble, get a set of new 17's or something from Tempe Tyres perhaps.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #9
king_pin

It looks like settling with a set of Tempe Tyres Wheels may be the only go.

There may be lots there to fit the Focus, but the couple that I really liked I found they would not fit.

Yes, I dislike rims that have the removable centre cap, which are the main ones that seem to fit the Focus. But looks like I will have to settle for them if I want a cheap set of rims.
Old 13-07-2005, 09:50 AM   #10
whippet_zetec
Supes

Russ found his LENSO rims for his Foci and they look very RS.....

I guess you just have to look at it realistically in that the Foci doesnt have the same 4/5 stud pattern as is common but as Tim has pointed out options do exist.
Old 13-07-2005, 08:57 PM   #11
king_pin

And there is the unique factor. I would prefer rims that no one has got yet :P

But seriously, I dont want to buy them for the sake of buying them. I must genuinely like them.
Old 15-07-2005, 12:54 PM   #12
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_pin
But seriously, I dont want to buy them for the sake of buying them. I must genuinely like them.
I think this is the reason I started doing my mods to the Focus.... anything that wasn't factory was the go. But I always made sure I found what I wanted and took any targets of opportunity along the way.

I'm sure any set of rims will look great on your Focus, but hope you find the ones you really want!

I really am starting to feel my 17s are far too small personally... might be time to change rims when I next put rubber on it again.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #13
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh

I really am starting to feel my 17s are far too small personally... might be time to change rims when I next put rubber on it again.

Tim
you will be able to start your own second hand rim shop Tim if you keep going at it at that rate
Old 15-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #14
king_pin

...and it certainly does not help when I email a certain rim place (that shall remain nameless for now) asking them if a particular one I like is available for a 2002 Ford Focus, and if not what, what rims in your range will fit a Focus???

Just to get a single word response.. "No".. and nothing else...

I have sent a few more emails, with no reponse as yet. I will give them a week or so before I will take my business elsewhere.