Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
macou

Question Where to get a service and what to pay (Perth)

My little Fiesta (WS june 2009) is due its 45k service and I was wondering where people in Perth go or would recommend to get a service done. I'm being quoted between $220 and $300 from the local mechanics in the suburb where I live.

Maybe I am being naive, but with the car no longer under warranty and a log book service no longer required, I would have thought the price would have come down for a service.

Are the prices I'm being quoted, in your opinion, fair, to be expected?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to share....

macou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
trumpy73

Default Re: Where to get a service and what to pay (Perth)

I don't have the logbook with me but what's involved in a 45K service other than an oil/filter change? Anything major?

If not I can recommend you someone in Belmont who'd probably do it pretty cheap and you can supply oil/filter of your choice.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

It's just oil, no plugs.

I buy all my parts at Repco/Supercheap etc when they have their 25% off sales, supply my trusted local mechanic with them and pay for the actual labour.

I stress "actual" because Fords reccommended times are pure bs: 2 hrs for the 60K service, of oil and plugs, when it only took 45 mins. That said, Ford wanted $405 and I paid $152 all up, parts and labour.

So my advice, find a local mechanic you trust, supply the oil and filter and pay for his labour. And as you continue to go back to him, the labour will get cheaper (Ive been going to my guy for over 10 yrs). You'll save hundreds and get far better service than at Ford too (Id also steer clear of Midas, ultratune and kmart - all big franchised operations are the same - the bloke down the road has been there for years for a reason, and won't have apprentices just working on your car to save them $).
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
Fez WQ

there is fixed price servcing at ford dealers. or try Ultra tune... Ultra tune I have found have done a good job for me

Or I go to Dons Quality Care Care in Canning Vale
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
macou

Yeah the 45k service is just a standard one, nothing fancy.

@Fiesta_Man69, that is what I would love to do, but finding that trusted mechanic is the problem. I have been going to Automaster and to be fair they've been alright in the past and always pushed me to the log book service to cover warranty. Now that it's out of warranty they tell me it still needs the log book service because it's a modern car. I just felt like I was being fed a load of bull.... I could be wrong.

I live in Ellenbrook, so if anyone knows a trusted mechanic, I'd love to hear of them.

Thanks for the responses!
macou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

You only need a service every 15K or 12 months. Ask neighbours, mates, local car clubs.... It's worth keeping the book stamped for resale anyways
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post