Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
seanyboi
Starter Motor

Default Ford Fiesta WQ Zetec 07' Hatch. Questions !!

Hey guys, just have a few questions about my car, if you can help that would be greatly appriciated !!

1. What is the Bulb in the fog lights? Wanting to put a HID set inside, I thinkkkkkkkkk they are H11 but need to be certain!!

2. I've changed my normal beam, think it's called the dip beam? I've put a HID set inside these, aswell as LED parkers BUT the thing I want to do is change the colour of my FULL BEAM (High beam) to a different colour but someone told me I can't because the full beam bulb is the same as the normal beam bulb... confusing??

3. The side indicator reflectors, mine are E11 i think..? And I purchased a clear E9 so will these fit? And how do I take off the reflectors?

4. Is there anyway to change the dashboard colour? It's stock at the moment, think it's yellow/green and wanting to change it to Blue, not sure if it's inside the motherboard or if there is a bulb?

5. I'm looking to colour code my car to basically silver on the outside, so silver door handles, the side black thingys (Along the door), I can't find them sold seperatly anywhere, I think I might have to resort to painting them myself?

If you can answer any would be greatly appriciated!! Thanks

seanyboi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: Ford Fiesta WQ Zetec 07' Hatch. Questions !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyboi
Hey guys, just have a few questions about my car, if you can help that would be greatly appriciated !!

1. What is the Bulb in the fog lights? Wanting to put a HID set inside, I thinkkkkkkkkk they are H11 but need to be certain!!

2. I've changed my normal beam, think it's called the dip beam? I've put a HID set inside these, aswell as LED parkers BUT the thing I want to do is change the colour of my FULL BEAM (High beam) to a different colour but someone told me I can't because the full beam bulb is the same as the normal beam bulb... confusing??

3. The side indicator reflectors, mine are E11 i think..? And I purchased a clear E9 so will these fit? And how do I take off the reflectors?

4. Is there anyway to change the dashboard colour? It's stock at the moment, think it's yellow/green and wanting to change it to Blue, not sure if it's inside the motherboard or if there is a bulb?

5. I'm looking to colour code my car to basically silver on the outside, so silver door handles, the side black thingys (Along the door), I can't find them sold seperatly anywhere, I think I might have to resort to painting them myself?

If you can answer any would be greatly appriciated!! Thanks
1. Correct H11.
2. If you can get the correct bulb I think it's H7 in the colour you want then why can't you get that colour?
3. Don't think so.
4. There is a detailed guide here... http://www.fordxr4.com/forum/index.p...ic,2320.0.html
5. Paint code is on the VIN plate I think it's inside the passenger door otherwise try the drivers side door.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
seanyboi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhcbm
1. Correct H11.
2. If you can get the correct bulb I think it's H7 in the colour you want then why can't you get that colour?
3. Don't think so.
4. There is a detailed guide here... http://www.fordxr4.com/forum/index.p...ic,2320.0.html
5. Paint code is on the VIN plate I think it's inside the passenger door otherwise try the drivers side door.
1. Awesome thanks
2. Umm it's just the problem that I'm not sure where the ACTUAL full beam bulb is :/
4. Great I'll check that out!
5. I'm not really understanding this.. What's a VIN plate? >.<
Old 15-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
vhcbm

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Open your door and on the sill there will be a white plaque with the VIN number on it. I think the 6th box down will be the paint code.

Old 15-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
seanyboi
Starter Motor

oh right awesome, have you any idea on where I can find the exact name for the door handles etc, all the accessories exterior of the car? So I can go purchase them or to just pain them possibly.
Old 15-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I had my door handles & bump strips colour coded by the dealer. Any paint shop could do it though.
Pretty sure dip & high are in the bulb, just 2 different elements. I just changed mine to Narva arctic white on friday. Blue tinted ones are pretty crap on a wet night.
Old 15-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
seanyboi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
I had my door handles & bump strips colour coded by the dealer. Any paint shop could do it though.
Pretty sure dip & high are in the bulb, just 2 different elements. I just changed mine to Narva arctic white on friday. Blue tinted ones are pretty crap on a wet night.
That's great to hear, can I ask how much you got them painted for? Is it per accessory?
Also for the dip & high beam. I did change the dip beam to a HID kit.. how do i go about changing my high beam?
Thanks heaps man
Old 15-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

What kind of bulbs did you use?
Painting was $200, a while a go.
Old 16-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
seanyboi
Starter Motor

oh sweet, I think I used a H7 HID kit
Old 16-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Not sure what an H7 looks like, but the standard bulb is 60/55W H4.
Old 16-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
vhcbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyboi
oh sweet, I think I used a H7 HID kit
That's the correct one.