Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Willowbank results

Well what a joke Willowbank was, 3 runs in 6 hours all thank to the old school cars dumping oil on the track. It took 3 hours to get my 3rd run. There was some excitement there however. A HQ caught on fire in the staging lanes. It was 3 cars back and 2 lane across for my car. Geez, I was shyting my self hoping that the fire would not explode the Bottle. Flames reached 3-4 feat and I was surprised that the owner of the car did not have a fire extinguisher or did neither the other drag cars around it. Took the official near a minute to get to the fire....Anyway my night was terrible, the best I could real off was a 14.03 @ 102mph, 2.1 60FT, on street tyres, and a 13.7 @ 97mph on MT street with a 1.9 60FT which is now my PB. I could of done a 13.5 easy with the MT but I only had one run with them on and I did not have the revs high enough so my ute bogged down quiet badly..... To make thing worse my ute is running absolutely poor since I added the SS throttle body, High flow cats and middle muffler. I believe the Tune is out of wack with the changes made. It has also cause the fuel Economy to go to the pack. I am getting 13.7-14.3/100 hwy.. AGHHHHH..... I can not wait till Wednesday for the new cam's, Cam springs, pump gears and finally a tune that will be dialed in properly to my mods... However I would like to know exactly why my ute is running so rich before the mods are done, just for piece of mind.
I am also be getting some new thing that I cant really talk about yet.....

Interestingly!!!!! Sledgehammer has different technique he uses when drag racing. He like to leave the hand brake on when going down the strip...LOL he recorded a time of 15.3 in his F6......

And Hoops, your suppose to wait for the light go green before you take off....LOL

Cooltint did a flat 13 in an unmodified BF F6 auto (has K&N air filter)

And Sutty reeled of a 11.4

We all had a good yarn with a fella who had a SRT Chrysler, What a beautiful car, and bloody quick. He posted in his very first run a 13.2, bog stock standard. Impressive!

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i seen the fire in the staging lanes ,was pretty scary could have easily got out of control.she was a slow old night out there .
FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
XTC 190
Subtle,sleek & Surprising

I did plan to go but couldnt find wheels and tyres in time to burn, sounds like it was the right chioce not going in regards to runs , sound a bit hairy the old fire in the staging lanes
XTC 190 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey jabba is your ute the one thats got herrod stickers on the bonnet ? if so those wheels set it off just nice.
FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #5
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
These F6's continue to impress, another F6 with only a filter change does a 13 flat, a very quick car staright out of the box like the yellow one we know of!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS5
hey jabba is your ute the one thats got herrod stickers on the bonnet ? if so those wheels set it off just nice.
Yeh mate, that my babe. I was not happy with the time I was running, but I have found out I have a few gremlins plageing my ute (tune is rich and O2 sensors are screwed). She goes in on Wednesday to get a heap of good stuff put into her.....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 05-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #7
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jabba a PB's a PB well done also was Vern out there racing.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Jabba a PB's a PB well done also was Vern out there racing.
Yeh, he was out. 12.9 with a smoking clutch (literary)..... Then a 13.6, clutch was getting worse. He didn't do any other runs, so we throw hi MT onto my ute.... Geez, how bloody good is traction, my ute has never pulled so hard 2nd. I am spewing I stuffed the launch.... I have now got my mate getting some prices on a set of MT and BF Goodridge ET's.....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 05-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #9
OLS108
LS1 owner

Hey guys, I think i was talking to you guys while waiting :

I managed 3 runs all 12.6@108.9 ..
have a few things to get Sorted and if i can get my 60's down to low 1.8 or into the 1.7's i should see a 12.4 unopened.

Dave
Old 05-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #10
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember you. I had the black XR8 ute. You have a quick car for very little Mods.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 05-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
I have now got my mate getting some prices on a set of MT and BF Goodridge ET's.....
Make sure you keep me posted on prices etc :Reverend:
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
And Hoops, your suppose to wait for the light go green before you take off....LOL
Yeah yeah i was i bit confused : ahh all in good fun, just need to get some traction and the times should tumble :Reverend:
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #13
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Well what a joke Willowbank was, 3 runs in 6 hours all thank to the old school cars dumping oil on the track. It took 3 hours to get my 3rd run. There was some excitement there however. A HQ caught on fire in the staging lanes. It was 3 cars back and 2 lane across for my car. Geez, I was shyting my self hoping that the fire would not explode the Bottle. Flames reached 3-4 feat and I was surprised that the owner of the car did not have a fire extinguisher or did neither the other drag cars around it. Took the official near a minute to get to the fire....Anyway my night was terrible, the best I could real off was a 14.03 @ 102mph, 2.1 60FT, on street tyres, and a 13.7 @ 97mph on MT street with a 1.9 60FT which is now my PB. I could of done a 13.5 easy with the MT but I only had one run with them on and I did not have the revs high enough so my ute bogged down quiet badly..... To make thing worse my ute is running absolutely poor since I added the SS throttle body, High flow cats and middle muffler. I believe the Tune is out of wack with the changes made. It has also cause the fuel Economy to go to the pack. I am getting 13.7-14.3/100 hwy.. AGHHHHH..... I can not wait till Wednesday for the new cam's, Cam springs, pump gears and finally a tune that will be dialed in properly to my mods... However I would like to know exactly why my ute is running so rich before the mods are done, just for piece of mind.
I am also be getting some new thing that I cant really talk about yet.....

Interestingly!!!!! Sledgehammer has different technique he uses when drag racing. He like to leave the hand brake on when going down the strip...LOL he recorded a time of 15.3 in his F6......

And Sutty reeled of a 11.4

We all had a good yarn with a fella who had a SRT Chrysler, What a beautiful car, and bloody quick. He posted in his very first run a 13.2, bog stock standard. Impressive!
I wouldn't been too concerned Jabba, you'll have the car sorted soon enough, looking forward to seeing the results from the mods coming this week......mmmm cams, new tune and certain something up ya sleeve;).

Geez...3 runs in 6hrs, that sucks. When i was out there a fortnight ago the track had that much grip i watched two cars do an axle or similar on launch. You obviously noticed the track traction?

I am also interested in the MT tyres, maybe a group purchase will get us a good price?

Wow 13.2 from a std srt, very impressive.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #14
OLS108
LS1 owner

Quote:
I remember you. I had the black XR8 ute. You have a quick car for very little Mods.
Was Great to Meet you !
i Really need some Practice, ive only had 6 runs with the new stally, and 3 runs with stally and ET Streets.

i know you can get ET Streets from Rocket for about $480 a set.

I just picked up a Set on 16" steelies 4 runs old for $300 :sm_headba
Look forward to catching up with you boys again soon to Continue the age of Rivalry... Except Sutty... he doesn't Count :
Old 06-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #15
sutty
Mushroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS108
Was Great to Meet you !
i Really need some Practice, ive only had 6 runs with the new stally, and 3 runs with stally and ET Streets.
Hey Dave,

A low 12 is there when you get your launches worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS108
Look forward to catching up with you boys again soon to Continue the age of Rivalry... Except Sutty... he doesn't Count :
You've got one hell of a "sleeper" there mate. Don't feel too bad about lagging behind. LOL. I think that time makes my car the fastest "street" BA/BF in QLD - at least until Vern gets his clutch sorted.

Cya at the next T&T.
sutty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #16
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well my ute is comming along nicely and I am looking forward to the next meet... Herrod QLD has found a heap of things wrong with my motor when they pulled her to bits and I dare say with those things rectified I should run .5sec quicker. Along with all the other goodies that were throwing at it and new tune, I am hoping I will knock a second of my best street tyre PB...

So when is the next T&T..

Oh. I am also trying to get myself a set of MT street ET or a set of BF Goodridge ET radials. If I have some stickies I would love to get into the 12s

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 09-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #17
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea, that drives me up the wall when old buckets of 5hit spill oil down the track. if your car isnt up to it, dont put it down.

i think they should have pure street cars only some nights. if it comes on a truck then it should be able to run.