Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Default Two Words...

OOOOFT BRO

lol

Picked up the components for my sound system today

Installing it next week

1 x Eclipse CD7100 headunit
1 x MB Quart RVF-216 6.5" Components
1 x Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Amp
2 x Soundstream RW-12 Subs (Ported Box also)
1 x Clarion DPX11500 Mono Amp
1 x Bulk Pack of Dynamat
@$$load of cables
Picking up my new battery on the weekend (Optima D34)

Can't wait til Wednesday when my exams are over and i can get on with putting it in!!

Will post pics of the install

I'll be alright for Auburn Maccas in no time!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0231-smaller.JPG (79.4 KB, 102 views)

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

looks like xmas has come all at once for you mate.

You've got some good stuff there.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

niiice
should be a bangin system once shes in!

what sort of install are you doing in the boot??
just a box or somthing special??

good luck
Old 17-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Yeah mate, a lot of saving has gone into it

Unfortunately most of the savings are now gone, lol

It's good when you save $100-$200/week for yourself and then in 6 months time you can do sumn like this

Unfortunately that's the last thing im going to be able to do for 6 months or so, as i gotta knuckle down and save every penny for my wedding in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
niiice
should be a bangin system once shes in!

what sort of install are you doing in the boot??
just a box or somthing special??

good luck
Just a box for the time being, but looking at some custom installs... My God!

I think when I upgrade my subs and subamp I will look into doing that. Probably not worth it with my good, but not great subs + subamp i have at the moment

Currently:
Old 17-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

eek wedding.. too much stress.. and never cheap lol

eventually when i stumble upon a pot of gold i will be embarking on a fibreglass install for my boot..
Old 17-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #6
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
eek wedding.. too much stress.. and never cheap lol

eventually when i stumble upon a pot of gold i will be embarking on a fibreglass install for my boot..
Yeah man, wedding looking to cost near $50k.. I have around $30k saved, each set of parents probably giving 5-10k, so should be sweet. But need backup funds just incase!

OMG

Don't get me started on that route! There are so many awesome custom boot jobs..

Look at this F6 Typhoon install

Currently:
Old 17-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

BTW .... was that you at Joe's in Liverpool on Thursday????
I realised after the car was dropped of that it looked familiar (if it was infact you).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

2 words back at ya... Doof Doof... haha! :P

Not a bad line up there mate, should really have a good quaility about it.
Old 18-04-2008, 12:13 AM   #9
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
Yeah man, wedding looking to cost near $50k.. I have around $30k saved, each set of parents probably giving 5-10k, so should be sweet. But need backup funds just incase!

OMG

Don't get me started on that route! There are so many awesome custom boot jobs..

Look at this F6 Typhoon install

There is a lot to be said for small, intimate weddings where you only invite the people who are closest (ie: actually give a ). ;)
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #10
sanjay

$50k for a wedding? guess who isnt getting married after hearing that. :p

think how many TE50s you could buy with that money! at least two!
Old 18-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Damn .... and I thought my wedding/reception was lavish at $30K.
Must have a lot of friends and family attending.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 04:24 AM   #12
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
Yeah man, wedding looking to cost near $50k.. I have around $30k saved
You must provide banking details ASAP so that I may transfer those funds to my account for safe keeping :

Oh yer and your system's gonna kick A! All looks very nice.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice indeed mate, a couple of very nice inclusions there. I am particularly impressed with the choice of speakers, MB Reference Series! I am a HUGE fan of MB Quart. I have two sets of Discus splits in my AU myself! Fantastic clarity, and great mid-bass.
I am also loving the Eclipse HU too! I had an old 8 series for years until I got the Alpine DVD unit. That is going to sound brilliant, especially with the 8V pre-out.
How are you going to go about installation? Personally, I would spend the extra few hundred and get it professionally installed. That way you know if something goes wrong, your not at fault! Plus it will ad a couple more years to your life, trust me! :P

As for the wedding, good luck for all that mate! Although I am one more person you have just scared off about getting married! If that's how much a wedding costs, phooar, no thank you! :togo:

Evan
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #14
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I agree with ClassicAU.
The Eclipse units are killer. They have so much packed into them and not too expensive. 8V pre outs are almost unheard of in a car head unit.
But the extra coin in getting professionally fitted is a worthy investment. You will be at it for days other wise.

As far as the wedding goes, thats an insane amount of cash dude. 1 can only assume that amount includes honeymoon as well. Makes my 7k wedding feel like I had mine at a registry. :(

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #15
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
BTW .... was that you at Joe's in Liverpool on Thursday????
I realised after the car was dropped of that it looked familiar (if it was infact you).
Yup, that was me

Standing around like a lost puppy dog not knowing where to go, lol.

Currently:
Old 18-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #16
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamelion
There is a lot to be said for small, intimate weddings where you only invite the people who are closest (ie: actually give a ). ;)
She's wog

I'm half wog

Enough said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Damn .... and I thought my wedding/reception was lavish at $30K.
Must have a lot of friends and family attending.
As above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
Very nice indeed mate, a couple of very nice inclusions there. I am particularly impressed with the choice of speakers, MB Reference Series! I am a HUGE fan of MB Quart. I have two sets of Discus splits in my AU myself! Fantastic clarity, and great mid-bass.
I am also loving the Eclipse HU too! I had an old 8 series for years until I got the Alpine DVD unit. That is going to sound brilliant, especially with the 8V pre-out.
How are you going to go about installation? Personally, I would spend the extra few hundred and get it professionally installed. That way you know if something goes wrong, your not at fault! Plus it will ad a couple more years to your life, trust me! :P

As for the wedding, good luck for all that mate! Although I am one more person you have just scared off about getting married! If that's how much a wedding costs, phooar, no thank you! :togo:

Evan
Man, when i heard MB Quart Discus i was like DAMMMMMMMN and then he's like "Yeah, these are the lower series range" and i was like WTF.. GIMMIE MORE!!

One of my mates used to be a professional installer, so he's gonna be doing it for me next wednesday (maybe Thurs too)

About the wedding.. It doesn't have to cost that much, but we are having a pretty large one at a very nice reception venue, she has got a $5000 wedding dress (I nearly died.. THAT WAS AFTER BARGAINING DOWN!!), 14 seater Chrysler 300C's, Honeymoon, Rings

After it is all factored in it will be in the region of $50K i reckon, ceremony and reception by itself will be around 25-30K

Damn bloody big family wogs, lol.

I reckon you could get a real nice wedding with about 80-100 people for 30k all up

Currently:

Last edited by ayeyew; 18-04-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 18-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #17
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Actually, i have one last bit of spending

Going back to Joes on Tuesday to get some intake piping, increasing throttle response etc.. He recommended, so i listened to the man
May also ask him to install the tranny cooler i bought, I was gonna do it during the hols, but have had no time at all and now with the system install and marking of assessment tasks looking likely to take up the last couple days of my holidays, i know i wont get around to it for another 3 months.. (next bunch of school hols)

I got him to do a full tranny flush.. he said my tranny oil looked like engine oil, lmao

I cant believe how different my car felt after him and his guys servicing it, he even said he was real impressed with my car and how hard it goes for just having extractors and exhaust. It feels like it pulls so goddamn hard now

Maybe he mistakenly ripped out my old engine and put in a 4.8L monstaaaaar?

lol

Currently: