Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
blazingwilly
Starter Motor

Default Hoon Laws

PROPOSED NEW HOON LAWS
don't lend your car to anyone, i know i wont anymore.
i used to lend it to family, and close friends, but the risk is to great now,
if they take of to fast, or do anything wrong, and the cops decides he or she is a hoon, i will loose my car for 30 days its up to the officers discretion .
cars are safer now ,better handling, better brakes, air bags etc etc etc
and yet they bring most speed limits down.i can give you at least a dozen examples ,but here is just 1, coming out of the tunnel towards S/E suburbs
80klm zone must be for at least 3 k or more ,BLOODY TWITS. yarra valley most of it 80 klm. coming back from adelaide 110 ok fine ,hit the vitorian border it 100 http://www.fordforums.com.au/newthre...newthread&f=2#
VICTORIA IS FAST BECOMING A DICTATOR STATE
must leave this post iam getting depressed

Old 15-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Old 15-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
NAFairlane

i find this subject simple tho, just dont get caught lol
Old 15-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

WHat he said
Dont get caught
I often do about 320k's along back streets on my way to work
Only when i fill up with fulbber tho
Normal 98 petrol and i get about 300k's in some 60 zones
Never get caught so its never a problem.
Old 15-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys are missing the point.....

YOU DO NOT GET CAUGHT

Someone else does and YOU lose your car for a crime you did not commit...

Great idea though, all of the rental houses that have crimes committed in them should confiscated particularly those owned by anyone in the politacal or public service arena.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

Any political electorate that has a crime committed in it should be confiscated from the sitting member and the political party they belong to.....
Old 15-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Any political electorate that has a crime committed in it should be confiscated from the sitting member and the political party they belong to.....
and I thought we swapped pollies fast now with that they would maybe have what 10 seconds in office in each electorate, all good tho GEN-Y attention span is only 8 seconds

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 15-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You guys are missing the point.....

YOU DO NOT GET CAUGHT

Someone else does and YOU lose your car for a crime you did not commit...
And?
This ALREADY happens anyway with Hoon laws.

If you have knucklehead mates and you lend you car to them - your just as much at fault as the person driving it.
They dont give guns out to morons anymore, why give your car to one.
Old 15-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #8
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

This law has been round for a while now. There have been threads on this forum relating to cars being impounded by drivers hooning in cars that don't belong to them, not to mention plenty of media coverage about it.

So really this is another thread running along the same lines.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 15-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #9
LTDHO
The one and only

I thought this had been law since hoon laws came in.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 16-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
NAFairlane

this reminds me of a thread that was around a while back where a bloke was storing his unregistered car in a mates garage and when the bank reposessed the blokes house they took the other blokes car too, i think it took the bloke a matter of months to even locate his car nevermind get it back
Old 16-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFairlane
this reminds me of a thread that was around a while back where a bloke was storing his unregistered car in a mates garage and when the bank reposessed the blokes house they took the other blokes car too, i think it took the bloke a matter of months to even locate his car nevermind get it back
It was never ascertained if the the bank or anyone else took the car.
The car has not been found and it was only 2 months ago.
Old 16-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I Would really like to comment on this subject but common courtesy, T+C`s and the swear filter would not go down well hehe.
Old 16-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #13
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFairlane
This subject simple, dont get caught.
Slight edit, I am with you brother.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 16-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #14
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwilly
yarra valley most of it 80 klm. coming back from adelaide 110 ok fine ,hit the vitorian border it 100 [
VICTORIA IS FAST BECOMING A DICTATOR STATE
must leave this post iam getting depressed
10 Kmh drop is stupid but it isn't too bad. I drive a road everyday that has been dropped from 100 to 60.... well the 60 zone has been extended by 500metres for no apparent reason, and the 100 zone was dropped to 90.

I agree how its ******** modern cars are 100% safer then a 30 year old car, yet all limits are dropping.

Done feel depressed about Vic laws.... other states are slowly following.
Old 16-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #15
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
WHat he said
Dont get caught
I often do about 320k's along back streets on my way to work
Only when i fill up with fulbber tho
Normal 98 petrol and i get about 300k's in some 60 zones
Never get caught so its never a problem.
Sorry, i've missed the point. The thread is about hoon laws, the original post was 'dont get caught'.. and you are talking fuel efficiency figures, 'fulbber?', petrol grades and speed zones?
Old 16-01-2011, 03:04 AM   #16
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
and I thought we swapped pollies fast now with that they would maybe have what 10 seconds in office in each electorate
And did we think the new lot was going to save us Victorians, they only want to save you when there sitting in opposition, now they need the cash just like the last lot that were kicked out of office, just keeps rolling on.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 16-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #17
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
And did we think the new lot was going to save us Victorians, they only want to save you when there sitting in opposition, now they need the cash just like the last lot that were kicked out of office, just keeps rolling on.
I thought we wernt allowed to bash pollies on here ?.
(according to forum T+C`s)
Dont get me wrong, I love a good pollie bashing when they deserve it
maybe russ can clear this up a bit ?.
judging on recent posts, a lot of stuff seems to not get pulled up as much.
(Woo hoo for me , coz I sometimes post some dumb ***)
Maybe a refined `sticky` ?
Old 16-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickxr8
I thought we wernt allowed to bash pollies on here ?.
?
Not bashing any party or person, just stating its here to stay and we all hate it but have to live with it who ever is running our States.
States have came so accustomed to the large amounts of money from our cars, even if you or I were running the State we now rely on the this money for a good chunk of the budget.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 16-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #19
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone that plans on going to easternats better leave your modified car at home.
In Benalla they are going to cut off the main bridge so there is only one way through town. Any modified car will be put off the road even for the most stupidest of things.

This law hasnt been passed yet either for the 30 days first offence, but its going to be 30 days then crush/sell the car on 2nd offence.
Old 16-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #20
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkachu
Anyone that plans on going to easternats better leave your modified car at home.
In Benalla they are going to cut off the main bridge so there is only one way through town. Any modified car will be put off the road even for the most stupidest of things.

This law hasnt been passed yet either for the 30 days first offence, but its going to be 30 days then crush/sell the car on 2nd offence.
OKAY so a gathering that people attend because they have modified cars and the fans attend to see said modified cars will be disappointed if what you say is true, the modified cars wont make the event this will likely peeve the ones that go to see them because they won't be there, then there is the knock on effect next year of declining spectatorship and crumbier cars in attendance because they can "get there" but the govt will make a fortune fining car owners attempting to attend the event, the local businesses on the other hand will likely be extremely angry as the spectatorship was crap and they didn't get the additional sales from all these visitors they were expecting

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 16-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #21
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
OKAY so a gathering that people attend because they have modified cars and the fans attend to see said modified cars will be disappointed if what you say is true, the modified cars wont make the event this will likely peeve the ones that go to see them because they won't be there, then there is the knock on effect next year of declining spectatorship and crumbier cars in attendance because they can "get there" but the govt will make a fortune fining car owners attempting to attend the event, the local businesses on the other hand will likely be extremely angry as the spectatorship was crap and they didn't get the additional sales from all these visitors they were expecting

This is what was told to me first hand from police, it is stupid. But the Victorian Gov seems to think anyone with a modified car is a hoon and should not be on the road.

Last week 90 cars got canaried, all of them modified. Luckily i was in melb
Old 16-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #22
blazingwilly
Starter Motor

THE Victorian Government will spend this month mapping out a timeline for the introduction of its new tough anti-hoon laws, named a top priority at the state election.

This comes as a spate of reckless driving behaviour on Wyndham roads last week shocked police, including a P-Plater clocked at 90km/h over the limit in a Wyndham Vale residential area.

The man’s car was impounded for 48 hours under anti-hoon laws.

Under the proposed law, he would have lost his car for 30 days.

Paul Price, spokesman for Crime Prevention Minister Andrew McIntosh, said the process of introducing the new laws was under way.

“The minister is in the process of receiving briefings in order to determine the legislative timetable for the introduction of tough new hoon laws,” Mr Price.

“These tough new laws will increase impoundment times, force hoon drivers to take safe driving training, and forfeit and crush the vehicles of the worst repeat offenders.”

The new changes would see an immediate 30-day vehicle impoundment for a first hoon offence and three months for a second offence.

This is tougher than the amendment proposed by the former Brumby Labor Government, which wanted a seven-day impoundment for the first offence.

A third would result in the vehicle being stripped for parts and then crushed.

Wyndham Highway Patrol detected a driver, 18, as he sped along Ballan Rd at 160km/h, 90km/h over the limit, on January 3.

Sen-Constable Matt Wilson, of the Wyndham Highway Patrol, said he was in disbelief when he sighted the speeding P-plater at 10.20pm.

He said the consequences of a crash would have been fatal.

The driver was fined $597 fine, lost eight demerit points and his licence was suspended for 12 months.

The incident capped five hours of reckless behaviour on Wyndham roads that night.

A Tarneit man, 39, was caught driving at 131km/h in a 100kmh zone along Hopkins Rd Truganina. He lost his licence for a month, was fined $328 and had four demerit points deducted.
Old 16-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #23
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your dumb enough to lend your car to mate who is an idiot driver, then one should get new mates.

As for the staus quo about new governments and nothing changing, just remember to vote them out in 3yrs.... you can wait that long surely?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 16-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #24
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwilly
THE Victorian Government will spend this month mapping out a timeline for the introduction of its new tough anti-hoon laws, named a top priority at the state election.

This comes as a spate of reckless driving behaviour on Wyndham roads last week shocked police, including a P-Plater clocked at 90km/h over the limit in a Wyndham Vale residential area.

The man’s car was impounded for 48 hours under anti-hoon laws.

Under the proposed law, he would have lost his car for 30 days.

Paul Price, spokesman for Crime Prevention Minister Andrew McIntosh, said the process of introducing the new laws was under way.

“The minister is in the process of receiving briefings in order to determine the legislative timetable for the introduction of tough new hoon laws,” Mr Price.

“These tough new laws will increase impoundment times, force hoon drivers to take safe driving training, and forfeit and crush the vehicles of the worst repeat offenders.”

The new changes would see an immediate 30-day vehicle impoundment for a first hoon offence and three months for a second offence.

This is tougher than the amendment proposed by the former Brumby Labor Government, which wanted a seven-day impoundment for the first offence.

A third would result in the vehicle being stripped for parts and then crushed.

Wyndham Highway Patrol detected a driver, 18, as he sped along Ballan Rd at 160km/h, 90km/h over the limit, on January 3.

Sen-Constable Matt Wilson, of the Wyndham Highway Patrol, said he was in disbelief when he sighted the speeding P-plater at 10.20pm.

He said the consequences of a crash would have been fatal.

The driver was fined $597 fine, lost eight demerit points and his licence was suspended for 12 months.

The incident capped five hours of reckless behaviour on Wyndham roads that night.

A Tarneit man, 39, was caught driving at 131km/h in a 100kmh zone along Hopkins Rd Truganina. He lost his licence for a month, was fined $328 and had four demerit points deducted.

LOL they make it sound like it was in with houses, but Ballan road is a huge road for the most of it has new estates with no houses or has only farm land around it.

Anywhere there are houses on Ballan road is a 70k zone and where there is only farm land it is a 90k zone.

Love how they say this

The area he was caught in has no houses around it just farm land.
where he got caught there is nothing but farm land.

These laws are a joke, they do not do anything apart from win votes and make it look like the government is doing something.
Old 16-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #25
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Is it just me, or did I only notice the sharp increase in "hoons" since the anti-hooning laws came in? Prior to that, I'd see a few stupid things, but now I see them everywhere.

P-Platers accelerating up to the speed limit with a non-factory exhaust... hoon!

Grandpa with his arm on the window sill and one hand on the steering wheel....hoon!

Business man in his Merc with a dark tint.... hoon!

They're everywhere I tell you! I've done the responsible thing and sold off all my possible 'hoon' cars and bikes, and like a good smug, green citizen, bought a prius.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 16-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #26
tyler06

The hoon law here in wa is 1st offence 28days 2nd offence 3mnths and 3rd offence car auctioned or scrapped depending on value. I also agree if you have mates that are gonna do that crap in your car then dont lend it. Lol especially if they dont have a car cause theirs is impounded haha.
Old 16-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #27
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
Is it just me, or did I only notice the sharp increase in "hoons" since the anti-hooning laws came in? Prior to that, I'd see a few stupid things, but now I see them everywhere.

P-Platers accelerating up to the speed limit with a non-factory exhaust... hoon!

Grandpa with his arm on the window sill and one hand on the steering wheel....hoon!

Business man in his Merc with a dark tint.... hoon!

They're everywhere I tell you! I've done the responsible thing and sold off all my possible 'hoon' cars and bikes, and like a good smug, green citizen, bought a prius.

Thats exactly what its turned into, bloody ridiculous.
Old 16-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #28
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
These laws are a joke, they do not do anything apart from win votes and make it look like the government is doing something.
The sad part is that it's working.
Old 16-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #29
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

I think it's wrong that a Government body can take possession of your car and do with it as they please.

Driving is not a privilege but a right, I earned my license through study and practice, I will drive my car at my own discretion. However, failing to comply with the rules of the road should result in fines and a negative impact on my license. I was given a license by the Government, on the condition that I comply with their rules, on their roads.

My car, however, was bought by me, as a result of a lot of hard work. It is mine, and solely mine. No part of it is owned by the Government. Temporarily impounding a car is bad enough, but tolerable if it will help get the genuinely dangerous drivers off the road for a bit. But permanent confiscation and destruction of a car is morally wrong, a little communist, an invasion of civil rights and a massive conflict of interest on the part of the Governing body.

It's legalized theft. But only of the Government does it. If anyone else tries it, it's a punishable criminal offense.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 16-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Driving is not a privilege but a right, I earned my license through study and practice, I will drive my car at my own discretion. However, failing to comply with the rules of the road should result in fines and a negative impact on my license. I was given a license by the Government, on the condition that I comply with their rules, on their roads.
Er.. sorry but it isnt enshrined in law that you have a "right to drive".... its priviledge
There is no such thing.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Closed Thread