Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 22-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
prasac
Banned

Default 2200+hp 5.4L Twin Turbo Outlaw 10.5 2010 Mustang GT500

MMR has finished the new Mustang and they took it out on the weekend. i spoke with Mark a couple weeks ago and he said the thing will be extremely impressive and it didn't disappoint ran a 7.35@192mph making it the fastest full bodied Mustang in the world. some video of the build and the run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVMiet0xr1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDysLGfQKYc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKSTuFomyg

prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Impressive. I'd love to see what they could do with a falcon.
Old 22-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOUR
Impressive. I'd love to see what they could do with a falcon.
would be good to see

not sure what sorta weight u could get down to with a gutted out Falcon. the Mustangs usually come in at around 3000-3300lbs.
Old 23-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks awesome and sounds pretty good
Old 23-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
Wundy_30

Wow, love the sound of those huge turbos coming on spool...
Mad, just mad.
Love it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 24-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Prasac, my iPhones not loading the clips, so excuse me if I ask questions already answered in the clips. Is this 5.4 a totally aftermarket block, or is it similar to our Boss iron 5.4? I've no idea on this particular block strength, or what the aftermarket has in regards to it. I know only of some companies that produce an alloy 5.4-I believe someone on here is using one in a pursuit build. Would they be using stuff that you would be using on your 4.6TT build? Manifolds, valvetrain etc?
Thanks mate.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #7
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Iggy.

Ford racing make alloy 5.4L blocks in both wet and dry sump versions. Half of the XFT KB equipped cars are running them such as Simon (XtremeF6), HOTPSUTE, Superpursuit83's new engine and another fellow named Chris B is getting one too.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

So it isn't technically aftermarket, if ford make it? Thanks. And I didn't realize so many people had them! I thought they'd have all used the iron boss with upgraded internals.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 24-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
So it isn't technically aftermarket, if ford make it? Thanks. And I didn't realize so many people had them! I thought they'd have all used the iron boss with upgraded internals.
the Ford GT Supercar got released with an alloy block, i know MMR likes to use those blocks, they are the same as Dan mentioned. for drag only applications most use the dry sump version.

they would be using the good stuff in there like me, they would have the Jesel cam followers instead of factory ones like i use. it's a $3000+ extra cost, they are a heavier car so that is why they would use it. they run the same style manifold, a bottom entry that MMR custom makes, Garrett 80mm turbo's, Rossler Turbo 400 trans. it has a fair bit to come, that was only on 26-28psi, watch out when the power gets screwed up to over 40psi
Old 24-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Yep XFT's alloy blocked Boss program has gone under the radar a bit, it's more well known in WA though, as a well published article came out in Perth Street Car a few issues back detailing the weight savings and strength advantages involved by using that killer block.

Low weight, huge strength, 6 Bolt billet caps, option to run piston oil squirts are some of the key benefits.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #11
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Thanks for that mate.
Game. Reinvented.