Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
stevepet

Default What justice?

Driving home last night about 11 0'clock had to slow down to do a left hand turn. Half way through the turn i hear the sound of shattering glass. Some little t**d had thrown a rock through my rear quater window. As i was slowing down i could see the little twit and his mate laughing there heads off. So i thought being on the wrong side of 40 i would drive around the block this took about 15 minutes i live in country vic. So i get to near the site park the car and sneak up to the little pr***s and manage to get one. He struggled i gave him a harmless clip behind the ear. I then call the police. Of course the little twits parents are now talking of suing me cause i clipped their darling little 16 year old and police are talking of charging me. He wont be charged with throwing a rock at me. How's that for justice.

Steve

stevepet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Maaaaate...terrible, seeing what you've written angers me. All I have to say is, and I know it's not too nice...if all you gave him was a clip and you're getting sued..I'd have given him a quick belt for good measure..in for a penny in for a pound, as they say.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats , you shouldn't have called the coppers, just gave the kid a flogging like all these little sh*ts deserve and buggered off..no doubt their parents have never used any sort of disciplinary action.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
Teflon Turbo
Banned

i don't think you can (or should rather) touch other people's kids under any circumstances, especially over something so trivial, perhaps you should have called the cops earlier instead of engaging in a pre-meditated (15 minutes passed) act of violence on a minor.

if you could find them, cops would have found them and you would be taken the legal action out on them, rather then them on you.
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
hame
Banned

A similar thing happened to my father.
Three young guys throwing rocks at the house so he catches one and gives him a good kick up the ****.
Not long later the cops are at the door to charge him as the kids father had called them.
The cops didn't want to charge my father but they had no choice.
He got a 6 month good behaviour bond.
The kid got nothing except having his behaviour validated by his father.
I'm still waiting to run into the father one day. That will be fun.
hame is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
stevepet

Violence was not premeditated. I drove around the block as i would have no hope of running them down. It was just a clip behind the ear would not have hurt at all. Anyway I am off to see my solicitor tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve

Try gettig a rear quarter window for a Fairlane in Ballarat i have had to put a window off a wagon in it looks terrible
Old 09-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry but it seems we are raising a generation that have an attitude where they can do what they want when they want to whoever they want, this isn't very wise as evidenced by what was said here. Sad very sad watch them grow up and graduate to worse offenses as they got away with this.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #8
Teflon Turbo
Banned

stevepet: i don't think posting that in here will help you in court especially if police cruise this site (as I have been told), they might ask the forum owner to supply your info and use your post as evidence...

if i was you I would look at getting this whole thread removed.

steve is that your real name?

dunno mate to me it's a lose end.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepet
Driving home last night about 11 0'clock had to slow down to do a left hand turn. Half way through the turn i hear the sound of shattering glass. Some little t**d had thrown a rock through my rear quater window. As i was slowing down i could see the little twit and his mate laughing there heads off. So i thought being on the wrong side of 40 i would drive around the block this took about 15 minutes i live in country vic. So i get to near the site park the car and sneak up to the little pr***s and manage to get one. He struggled i gave him a harmless clip behind the ear. I then call the police. Of course the little twits parents are now talking of suing me cause i clipped their darling little 16 year old and police are talking of charging me. He wont be charged with throwing a rock at me. How's that for justice.

Steve
The politically correct answer is restrain him with minimum force and call the coppers with an offer to deliver
the result of this is marked for life .. what you do afterwards is up to you

once this all is over at least you will know where to find the little re*(ard
I do very much understand your response but you can sort them without being charged... good luck with it as apart from his idiot mate I assume there is no witness ? so no reall thing apart from he said I said

the big question he has to defeat is if you had hit them surely you would not have called the fuzz ?
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
stevepet

I have not been charged and i dont think i will all just bluff so the little angel wont be charged. They can sue but the ex already has everything. Ha Ha

Steve
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live north of ballarat from time to time. Hope I run into some of this wild life. I'm not so gentle...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
xls3v

1 good on you catching one of them.
2 cops cant catch a cold
3 youll probably get bent over for clipping the kid around the ears
xls3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xls3v
2 cops cant catch a cold
including swine flu?
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

If you are taking legal action, I would not be posting any of this on a public forum.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
TOM-CAT
F-14 TomCat

I'm only 19, but it this had happened to me i would probably still be in lockup... if theres some sort of reason behind it (personal) then it would be a different story... but damaging someones property, let alone their CAR is just wrong... if i EVER did anything like that as a child my parents would thank the guy for catching me and flog the out of me, and I wouldn't do it again.

Check your bible; it say’s - if thou is to fit forced induction via supercharging to a performance car, then it is right and good that this supercharger be heard.
TOM-CAT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #16
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

They are lucky that they only got a clip behind the ear!!! Rocks thrown at the TE by little brats they would have to pray they can out run the 5.6 ;)

I agree with TOM-CAT, I'm only 21 but I'll quote my old man "if I catch you damaging any property I'll knock your block off"
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #17
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Sorry to hear about your incident, I to live in the area, would go troppo if it happened to me, I always cringe as I drive under overpasses on the western freeway just waiting for some inbreed to throw a rock over the edge. The police seem to catch them it;s the court system that lets us down
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
stevepet: i don't think posting that in here will help you in court especially if police cruise this site (as I have been told), they might ask the forum owner to supply your info and use your post as evidence...

if i was you I would look at getting this whole thread removed.

steve is that your real name?

dunno mate to me it's a lose end.
Be careful of what you presume to be warranted under Australian Law
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #19
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Be careful of what you presume to be warranted under Australian Law

it's not a presumption, i am quoting mods
Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #20
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
it's not a presumption, i am quoting mods
Interesting.... mods over admin....
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #21
Teflon Turbo
Banned

no one is perfect
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #22
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xls3v
cops cant catch a cold
Cops can catch em...but courts let em go.

Hmm...I feel for you, but others are right. As much as giving the kid a touch up is maybe what he deserves...you have to show restraint and let the cops deal with it...otherwise...you could end up with an assault charge.

I would not worry about a lawsuit. Trivial litigation is not as rampant as it used to be.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #23
hame
Banned

Quoting mods and the truth might be two very different things.
hame is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #24
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

The kids were lucky it was you who got them..... someone else might have put them in hospital and not contacted the police and just replaced the glass.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #25
stevepet

Funniest thing just happened. Got a phone call from the kid and his dad. Full apology and offer to pay for damage. Don't know what happened but sounds OK.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #26
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Funniest thing just happened. Got a phone call from the kid and his dad. Full apology and offer to pay for damage. Don't know what happened but sounds OK.

There you go. I'd say parents pumped up. Get window fixed, accept their offer to pay do it graciously and hope like hell the kid thinks twice next time.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #27
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These kids really do play with fire. I don't know what their motivation is for doing this kind of thing. We have seen the rock throwing incidents from bridges in the past and the deaths from those. Yet it's nothing to deter these kids at all. I sometimes wonder whether the only real lesson for them is losing someone close to them through the exact same game they play. When it hits home is when it hits home.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #28
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Steve
Did you admit to the police that you assaulted the kid?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #29
stevepet

As stated my clip was only in self defence. The kid was crying when i spoke to him hope he has leant his lesson.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #30
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Did you admit to the police that you assaulted the kid?
used due force to restrain .. please
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post