Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
DreadlyST

Default Discrepancy Found In ST owners Manual!!

Hey all, found a horrible discrepancy between the ST owners manual and what is actually in the car.
So I will give you some background so you can see how I got to this point and made my mind boggling discovery!!
So I'm in my garage this morning fitting the gel overlay badges that arrived yesterday. I hear the mailman outside at the box, he had something for me, LED bulbs for my reverse lights. Cool I'm playing with the car anyway, so decide to throw them in, (Way Brighter than the stock filament ones that were in there.) anyway while I'm playing around there with the tail lights, something happened, which I'm unsure how, I blew the fuse for Reversing lights and sensors.
Not a big issue I'll just change the fuse, or so I thought!!!
Grabed my Owners Manual which looks like this :

Flicked to the pages where the Fuse box sketches are and the legend, looked like this :

Ok, all good, Identified the fuse and opened the bonnet and accessed the fuse box, however when I opened the fuse box this is what I found:

Straight away, Alarm bells, hold on, something here is just not right. The image in the book is the same as what's under the bonnet, but the amperage of the fuses and the fact that there is some missing from locations where the manual says there should be some just doesn't add up, plus at the location where there is supposed to be a 7.5A fuse for my reversing lights, there is a 10A fuse which is intact. Proceed to remove every fuse, 1 at a time but cannot find any blown one.
Ok, never fear there is another fuse box behind the glove box, I'll check that one! So back to the manual for a layout of this box and a legend, here's what I find in the Manual :

No mention on legend of reversing lights, Think to myself I'll take a look at this fuse box anyway, this is what that fuse box looks like:

Now, I am an electrician, so I have a fair idea of what I'm looking at! This fuse box looks NOTHING like the one in the manual, nor is it numbered or labeled in anyway. So I once again proceeded to remove each fuse 1 at a time, this time I found a blown 7.5A fuse, correct amperage as the legend says, but very far from the location specified in the manual. This whole ordeal turned what should have been a 5 min job into over 2hours.
When I had my problem sorted, I dropped round to the service dept of my local Ford Dealer, To inform them of the discrepancy in my manual and to see if maybe they had a revision! The guys there were aware of the discrepancy but were not able to provide me with any alternate drawings or legends. Apparently when the Focus ST arrived here first, it's manual had a similar discrepancy. Was instructed to contact Ford Aus by phone to see if any other documentation was available. So I get through to some paper pusher at Ford HQ, and all that she can do for me is direct me to their website where I should be able to find a maintenance manual for my ST,,,,, FAIL no manuals for WZ fiesta on their site, only goes to WT!

So in conclusion I am posting this thread so every ST owner is aware of this discrepancy I have found, and You can cross check between your manual and Car and see if you have the same issue.
Anybody that does have the correct drawings and legend, can you please post them or links to them, as I do not wish for such an issue to arise again. and if in the future I pop a fuse, I'd like to be able to easily replace it without the same headaches I got today!!

DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Pursya

Default Re: Discrepancy Found In ST owners Manual!!

You need to inform Ford Oz so they can issue a stick on overlay with the correct images.
This was not an issue for you, but I'm sure it would be for many owners and definitely will be for second and third owners.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

My manual for the passenger compartment fuse box looks completely different. I only received the manual Wednesday, despite having my car for a month. So looks like I got an update one. You can clearly see they have pasted another page over the original one.

I'm on my phone atm with limited time. But if someone private messages me their email I can send across the pictures I have of it so everyone can benefit from it
Nitrobuggies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
Swoopdown

I like how the headlights globes in the manual say there size H11 but i managed to fit some H7 ones in perfectly...
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
DreadlyST

Just got some images from Nitrobuggies of how the fuse box, behind the glove box is actually laid out and what the fuses supply, here they are for anybody in the same situation as me:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: