Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 06:37 PM   #17881
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I was expecting that result.... Wonder if we will pick up his legal bill?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 10-01-2022, 06:41 PM   #17882
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I was expecting that result.... Wonder if we will pick up his legal bill?

I read on another news site that the government has been ordered to pay all costs.

It'll be interesting to see if they try the ministerial cancellation of his visa as suggested.
This user likes this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 07:43 AM   #17883
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
Wow, NSW recorded a lowly 30,062 yesterday, and an even lower 20,293 today. Impressive result considering the situation there. Awesome result.

Well done NSW, leading the way, and showing the rest of the nation on how to keep the numbers down, even when the s**t has hit the fan.

Or everyone has given up testing via PCR?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 09:30 AM   #17884
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
It'll be interesting to see if they try the ministerial cancellation of his visa as suggested.
If they do that they are just going to look like the petty, small-minded overgrown children they really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
The Philippines information is well under reality. From what I understand people need to pay to get tested there and many simply can't afford it.
Not the only country that applies to by a long way. I just report what is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka
Wow, NSW recorded a lowly 30,062 yesterday, and an even lower 20,293 today. Impressive result considering the situation there. Awesome result.

Well done NSW, leading the way, and showing the rest of the nation on how to keep the numbers down, even when the s**t has hit the fan.
I'd hope that was sarcasm becasue if it wasn't, you need to get off those meds. If you look at the testing numbers, you'll understand why they are down.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 11-01-2022 at 09:45 AM.
7 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 10:06 AM   #17885
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Renowned Sydney street artist, Scottie Marsh, has created a murial of Domnicron in Redfern, in honour of his recent achievements..... tough crowd

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
7 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 10:46 AM   #17886
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia
NSW records 25,870 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0461 (from 1.0254) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 37,994 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.2225 (from 1.2391) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend albeit only just.

No States set new daily highs yesterday (10/1).

Finally, here is the predictive trend graph for both NSW / Victoria based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Overlay…

Week 26 in Victoria ended today with 425,317 cases to date compared to 20,155 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak and 86,020 at the same point for the NSW 2021 outbreak – although without Omicorn at that stage. Weekly case numbers see Victoria with lots more cases than NSW in that week and overall case numbers for Victoria are up by 167k on last week. Note that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead.

Mind you, if we align those graphs to the same calendar dates up to the end of the last full week for NSW, it looks like this:

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #17887
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

i can see why the numbers are up down here ........... only noticed a coupla people wearing masks [yep us included] during a short walk in 'downtown' Queenscliffe.

someone developed a stuttter.....
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 12:32 PM   #17888
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Renowned Sydney street artist, Scottie Marsh, has created a murial of Domnicron in Redfern, in honour of his recent achievements..... tough crowd

Looks more like Warnie
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #17889
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
i can see why the numbers are up down here ........... only noticed a coupla people wearing masks [yep us included] during a short walk in 'downtown' Queenscliffe.

someone developed a stuttter.....
Definitely not classing all under 25's this way by any means ..Far from it because the vast majority are fantastic trying to keep themselves and others safe but yesterday............

At around noon I walked into our local hardware store to buy some hose fittings for the garden tap set up I've just installed . Was paying for them when three young blokes around 20 I'd say bowled in .. One had a mask while the other two didn't . The store also sells fishing supplies and they were obviously there for that . Really annoyed me but I kept my mouth shut.

. I'd just been asked by my boss via text if I could go to work to check the indoor 25 metre pool that's also a public use pool outside school times . It's located on school grounds and administered by the school where I work .. Turns out that the bloke in charge of maintaining the pool and his young daughter had tested positive the night before and have to isolate for 7 days .

We are on Annual Leave until 20th Jan but any time required I will take off in lieu later on .. I did the pool from 1996 to 2017 as part of my duties and here and there filling in for Matt since .. Covid dispensers , basic touch points cleaning as well as water quality , checking plant and equipment took me about 40 minutes yesterday and a bit quicker today .

To top it off at around 6 pm I took a short walk to our local IGA and was faced with a heated argument near the store entrance between a similar age young chap and the proprietor's sister who also happens to be a registered nurse recently retired . Found out soon after he took offence to be asked to wear a mask and use the QR Code ...Unbelievable ... I guess it happens everywhere ...

I just wish the very small minority of people (of all ages) who don't do their upmost to do the right thing realize it's pretty important to take one for the team . The potential to pass on a serious , even fatal case of the virus to someone else is very real as we see every single day .

Like drink drivers anybody caught driving by the cops for not doing the right thing and people caught indoors not wearing a mask that is a fine of $770 or so here in Tasmania will get zero sympathy from me .. Stupid and selfish often go hand in hand with stuff like this ..

Last edited by roddy1960; 11-01-2022 at 01:48 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 03:03 PM   #17890
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 10th 2022.

71,862 new cases for Australia and 22 deaths so the CMR is 0.228%.

NZ recorded 60 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.346%.

The UK recorded 142,122 cases and 76 deaths for a CMR of 1.028%.

664,916 new cases in the USA yesterday and 916 deaths sees CMR at 1.396%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 310M;
Europe passes 97M cases;
Asia passes 87M cases;
North America passes 73M cases;
The USA passes 62M cases;
Australia passes 1M cases;

British Virgin Islands (557);
Bermuda (689);
Andorra (1,575);
Kuwait (3,683) – the 6th consecutive day;
Iceland (3,590);
Qatar (3,878) – the 5th consecutive day;
French Guiana (4,510);
Peru (17,128) on 9/1;
Switzerland (24,375) on 8/1; and
Philippines (33,619)

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Paraguay moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:49 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 04:05 PM   #17891
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
I read on another news site that the government has been ordered to pay all costs.

Apparently he lied on his immigration slip. Something about not visiting other countries in the 14 days prior to arrival (which he did).

Wonder if they knew that all along and kept it quite till the outcome of the court case?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2022, 05:00 PM   #17892
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I'd hope that was sarcasm becasue if it wasn't, you need to get off those meds. If you look at the testing numbers, you'll understand why they are down.
Couldn't find the sarcasm smiley . Good to know that at least one person thought I was serious though.

So.. is NSW now following the PM's suggestion of not getting PCR tested to "keep the numbers down"??
Old 12-01-2022, 10:13 AM   #17893
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not a bad idea, although when it comes to insurance, you'll end up paying for it one way or another.

Biden-Harris Administration Requires Insurance Companies and Group Health Plans to Cover the Cost of At-Home COVID-19 Tests, Increasing Access to Free Tests
https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2022/...ree-tests.html

My parents have started to prep for dooms day, getting supplies ready for the inevitable, disposable gloves, PPE, panamax ....only thing they can't get is RAT kits. Fortunately my sister's friend runs a pharmacy and they reserved us a small handful.

Hunger games with vaccines, and now with RAT kits and looks like chicken next.....

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 12-01-2022, 10:22 AM   #17894
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Not a bad idea, although when it comes to insurance, you'll end up paying for it one way or another.

Biden-Harris Administration Requires Insurance Companies and Group Health Plans to Cover the Cost of At-Home COVID-19 Tests, Increasing Access to Free Tests

My parents have started to prep for dooms day, getting supplies ready for the inevitable, disposable gloves, PPE, panamax ....only thing they can't get is RAT kits. Fortunately my sister's friend runs a pharmacy and they reserved us a small handful.

Hunger games with vaccines, and now with RAT kits and looks like chicken next.....

This fixes the chicken problem

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0MAj3qUAfU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 10:38 AM   #17895
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Which is completely crap for people trying to travel interstate who cant access RAT kits...madness, Government or airlines can supply the things IMO. Fancy putting rules in and it not being practical to adhere too.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
4 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 10:56 AM   #17896
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia
NSW records 34,759 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0995 (from 1.0461) while the actual line remains (just) below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 40,127 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.2317 (from 1.2225) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend albeit only just.

The ACT (1,508) and Queensland (16,380) set new daily highs yesterday (11/1).

Finally, here is the predictive trend graph for both NSW / Victoria based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 12-01-2022 at 12:11 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #17897
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Which is completely crap for people trying to travel interstate who cant access RAT kits...madness, Government or airlines can supply the things IMO. Fancy putting rules in and it not being practical to adhere too.
You get 4 free kits when you fly into Darwin to meet the NT's testing requirements for arrivals, other states should be doing the same.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
4 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 11:09 AM   #17898
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Australia
VIC records 37,994 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.2317 (from 1.2225) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend albeit only just.
Hey Russ, I think you've forgotten to update the text on the Vic cases from yesterday, and the graph looks to be not updated, too?

Quote:
Victoria: 40,127 new cases (PCR: 21,693, RAT: 18,434) and 21 deaths; 946 in hospital, 112 in ICU including 31 ventilated.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 12-01-2022, 11:10 AM   #17899
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
You get 4 free kits when you fly into Darwin to meet the NT's testing requirements for arrivals, other states should be doing the same.
Never thought I would hear the NT leading the way!
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-01-2022, 11:20 AM   #17900
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Interesting, I would have thought airlines or airports would cover traveller. I worked on the premise that if any rapid test is mandated, then the mandator would cover it e.g employment, events, travel etc.

As I said earlier, international arrivals into tullamarine get 5 each, not sure if interstate travellers get the same. I've lost track of all the requirements, are interstate travellers still required to test?!

Rides (past and present)

Old 12-01-2022, 11:22 AM   #17901
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
They gave up on relying on arrivals getting RAT tests done before travelling and said "we will deal with it when you get here".

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 12-01-2022, 12:08 PM   #17902
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 11th 2022.

91,591 new cases for Australia and 17 deaths so the CMR is 0.212%.

NZ recorded 23 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.346%.

The UK recorded 115,280 cases and 379 deaths for a CMR of 1.022%.

1,048,002 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,496 deaths sees CMR at 1.375%. There’s probably some catch up from the weekend so it’s probably not as bad as it looks.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 313M;
Global cases set a new daily high of 2,774,307;
South America sets a new daily high with 254,306 cases;
Europe passes 98M cases;
North America passes 74M cases;
The USA passes 63M cases;
India passes 36M cases;

Grenada (501);
Suriname (1,009);
Jamaica (1,714);
North Macedonia (1,964);
Albania (2,177);
Bosnia (2,269) – the previous high (2,154) on 2/4/21;
Costa Rica (4,050) – the previous high (3,463) on 4/5/21;
Qatar (4,169) – the 6th consecutive day;
Kuwait (4,397) – the 7th consecutive day;
Slovenia (5,164);
Dominican Republic (6,683);
Bulgaria (7,062);
Norway (9,622);
Serbia (13,693);
Réunion (16,256);
Israel (31,502);
Canada (55,350) on 10/1;
Turkey (74,266);
Argentina (134,439);
Italy (220,532);
France (368,149); and
USA (1,048,002)

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Romania and Brazil move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Updated data with late results
Old 12-01-2022, 12:12 PM   #17903
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Hey Russ, I think you've forgotten to update the text on the Vic cases from yesterday, and the graph looks to be not updated, too?
Fixed.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 12:18 PM   #17904
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
For a second time at that.
Don't forget Howard Springs was the first CNR..

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
3 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #17905
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
For a second time at that.
Don't forget Howard Springs was the first CNR..
Perhaps being a Territory with little Greens around assist the approval processes
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-01-2022, 12:26 PM   #17906
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Interesting, I would have thought airlines or airports would cover traveller. I worked on the premise that if any rapid test is mandated, then the mandator would cover it e.g employment, events, travel etc.

As I said earlier, international arrivals into tullamarine get 5 each, not sure if interstate travellers get the same. I've lost track of all the requirements, are interstate travellers still required to test?!
Well according to Qantas and the Tas covid line we are required to do a RAT or PCR test and get a neg result prior to departure.

Not sure who checks it.
Not sure who can prove it was even me.
Tas Covid line admitted they rely on honesty when filling in the form.

Genius.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 12:33 PM   #17907
Pooka
Shapeshifter

CH9 Melbourne 6pm bulletin yesterday had a segment on what I had post HERE a week ago. They said the same, none of the TGA approved RAT kits have provided evidence that they detect Omicron.

Also, about the same time I was looking into this, I came across data from the USA stating the RAT nasal swab kits do not detect Omicron well, if at all. Apparently a study had been conducted where they had a number of PCR confirmed infections, who were at an early stage of infection, then nasal swabbed them using a 'nasal RAT kit', then throat swabbed them using the same type 'nasal' RAT kit.

The nasal swab was neg, but the throat swab was pos?? Apparently Omicron is more of a throat infection than a nasal passage infection, hence the throat swab showing a positive result. The data also suggested the RAT kits are more likely to get a positive result when the viral load is 'very high', well and truly into the infection period.

https://www.livescience.com/rapid-te...rus-infections

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ys-2022-01-07/

IMO, these RAT kits are simply helping with spreading of the virus! If people who are at an early stage of Omicron infection are getting a neg result using a RAT, they are then back out in the community thinking they're not infected, and are in fact infecting others.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:02 PM   #17908
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Well according to Qantas and the Tas covid line we are required to do a RAT or PCR test and get a neg result prior to departure.

Not sure who checks it.
Not sure who can prove it was even me.
Tas Covid line admitted they rely on honesty when filling in the form.

Genius.
Hey, it works for Tennis players so you'll be fine

Last edited by GasoLane; 12-01-2022 at 01:14 PM.
6 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 01:30 PM   #17909
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
CH9 Melbourne 6pm bulletin yesterday had a segment on what I had post HERE a week ago. They said the same, none of the TGA approved RAT kits have provided evidence that they detect Omicron.
Found a link to the report HERE.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #17910
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GSS, the FINE state... the sceptic might say this is to deter people testing. No test, no need to report, no fine, no cases.

NSW Covid update: $1,000 fine if you fail to report positive rapid antigen test
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...gen-test-video

Almost 3,000 children in NSW hit with fines of up to $5,000 for minor Covid rule breaches
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-rule-breaches

Quote:
Data obtained by the Redfern Legal Centre under freedom of information shows fines worth $2.1m have been issued to 2,844 children aged 10-17 since the middle of last year.

Rides (past and present)

Closed Thread