Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 10:00 AM   #1
mattri

Default what is it with Holden V8 Drivers

Ok im going to have a moan here. what the F#ck is wrong with Holden V8 drivers. Everytime i go out for a drive some head in a SS or Cluby or maloo ute wants to race me. I mean dont get me wrong i love seeing the look on their faces when i blow them away but for frig sake when they loose and try and run you off the road or cut you off its gets a bit annoying

Am i the only one with this problem. I think Holden drivers have a serious problem, are they jelous our cars look alot better than theres, are they jelous Ford have won 3 V8 supercar champs in a row or what

what do you guys think

Old 11-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Every morning on way to work on Leach hwy. A commy appears next to me with some dick wanting to run. 0 to 70kph ya leave them behind, then as ya say they pass at 100km/hr weaving the traffic.

Anyone can speed.

So yeah, lots of losers in Holdens mate, learnt to smile and wave goodbye.

John

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
Old 11-12-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

its just the type of arrogant ***** that suits the car so well so they go and buy one :P
Old 11-12-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
mattri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
its just the type of arrogant ***** that suits the car so well so they go and buy one :P

hahahaha, i mean i dont want to bag holdens but seriously the drivers have issues, they give you a mean stare,

just the other day pulled up next to this VYSS with some young guys in it, they yelled out the window get some more power v8 power, i said ahh so what you got he said more than you, we both went and by the time i hit 90kph i had him by 5 car lengths, backed off and they went speeding past and didnt look at me once
i say thats owned :
Old 11-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #5
rodderz

Lets not turn this into a Holden bashing thread

Sure, there are the drivers who are idiots on the road as you have mentioned, but there are lots others as well that drive other types also, even Fords. Depends on the person, not the car

There are plenty of top people out there who drive Holdens, and dont deserve to be put under the same banner
Old 11-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
parawolf
beep beep

Just be careful about street racing stories, because we all know how dangerous it is and how illegal it is.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #7
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a V8 AU ute and an SV8 .. I suppose I change driving style a bit in the SV8 'cos it's got a *LOT* more grunt than the AU ...

However I do like wearing my FPV cap when driving the SV8 and my HSV cap when driving the AU ... I only bought either cap just to PO the die hards from both camps!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:58 AM   #8
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Geez...

I drove an SS for awhile, don't think I ever bothered running anyone at the lights, only the christmas tree.

Went for a leisurely Sunday drive which put me on pole position against a number of V8 Commys, not one of them even looked like wanting to have a go. In fact I can't remember the last time a V8 Commy acted like a clown next to me at the lights.

So there you go.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Both camps can't handle the fact they got their V8 **** handed to them by my mates "Jap crap"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
However I do like wearing my FPV cap when driving the SV8 and my HSV cap when driving the AU ... I only bought either cap just to PO the die hards from both camps!
Lol I wear my HRT clothes while I drive the TX5. Just show unbias.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:11 AM   #10
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Its not just the Holden guys that do this.
I get it all the time from all sorts of cars. I think its the car you drive.

When I drive the wagon no one looks at me or wants a run, but when I'm out in the T3 I have all youngsters wanting to run me in all sorts of cars, Holdens, Fords even riced up Lancers. Some might think its just a kited up Falcon (normally the ricers) and others just want to say they blew away a T3, which I guess they all say 'cause I don't race on the streets anymore. I used to when I was younger, but not anymore.

I have taken my car on the track so I know how it goes and that's all that matters to me. I don't have anything to prove to anyone.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:15 AM   #11
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

I Shoud rephrase my post, Just seems nearly everyone trying with me is in a holden.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
Old 11-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #12
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Simple, they have Ford Envy

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 11-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #13
ltd
Force Fed Fords

It's a way of coming to terms with their purchase, in some vain hope that they will atleast have some redeeming quality with their holden.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 11-12-2005, 11:43 AM   #14
gmhdriver
Banned

For every idiot I have seen in a Holden I have seen just as many idiots in a Ford. Infact I have seen idiots in Fords commit acts of sheer stupidity that I have never seen somebody do in a Holden. Some of you guys need to wake up and stop being so naive, these sort of idiots are definitely NOT confined to one manufacturer.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #15
gmhdriver
Banned

And it's not fair on us decent Holden drivers tarring us all with the same brush like that.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #16
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hehe is another one of those things thats ingrained into our blue bloody I suppose, weve always known H****n drivers can't drive
Old 11-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

You only need to look at some of the people that drive Holdens to know they don't have much in the way of brains. This is their way of feeling superior, but this also applies to people in other types of cars too, especially ricers. They drive slow 4 cylinder pieces of crap yet still think they can hose off V8's and turbos. Its funny when they give you a fly by after you have backed off at the speed limit, only to have you re-apply the throttle and pass them again 50 metres up the road.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #18
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
For every idiot I have seen in a Holden I have seen just as many idiots in a Ford. Infact I have seen idiots in Fords commit acts of sheer stupidity that I have never seen somebody do in a Holden. Some of you guys need to wake up and stop being so naive, these sort of idiots are definitely NOT confined to one manufacturer.
Are you kidding me. The worst offenders on the road are usually P platers in either VL's or VN's, this cannot be denied by anyone. Sure it happens in other types of cars but 90% of the time its some moron in either a VL or VN.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #19
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Are you kidding me. The worst offenders on the road are usually P platers in either VL's or VN's, this cannot be denied by anyone. Sure it happens in other types of cars but 90% of the time its some moron in either a VL or VN.

And your point is?

Could it be because 90% of young people choose to drive vl/vn's? With a higher majority on the road there are naturally going to be more instances. If the xf/ea was the car of choice then maybe they would be the worst offenders?

It's funny though, most ford fans critisized ford for not paying enough attention to youth when designing their cars, but now that they are they are attracting just the sort of people you are complaining about. The number of XR6T's with P plates I have seen weaving in and out of traffic at 50kmh above the speed limit amazes me. I think these are well on the way to becoming the new "idiot" cars.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

"what is it with starting threads about the same thing over and over again"
Old 11-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #21
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Both camps can't handle the fact they got their V8 **** handed to them by my mates "Jap crap"
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

20V Turbo

Old 11-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #22
stiddy
Banned

i remember a few months ago i pulled up next to a P plater in a VS commi, a very nice VS commi might add.. nice body kit, lowered nice rims, dark tints etc etc etc.. (i was in my AU XR6, lowered, mags, tints, looks nice)
he had his windows down, as did i, and i said to him "pretty nice car man" and he straight away replied with "wish i could say the same for you" and started reving me up.. needless to say, he did the loser fly-by lol
like seriously i can appreciate a good car but these twits cant???
Old 11-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #23
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hardly come across a p plater commodore driver with a "normal" mentallity. For example; last night i was at safeway getting out of the car park and this tosser in a VN 5ltr drove slowly passed me, saw the xr6, looked me in the eye and smashed the pedal and got some wheel spin. My brother and I just cracked up laughing. He said to me "lucky you two didnt line up" I said theres no point wasting petrol on these tools. You beat them to the "limit" then pull back, and they keep going, thinking they won... you catch them at the next lights and laugh. Eh, its too hard not to stereo type them :P
Old 11-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #24
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
i remember a few months ago i pulled up next to a P plater in a VS commi, a very nice VS commi might add.. nice body kit, lowered nice rims, dark tints etc etc etc.. (i was in my AU XR6, lowered, mags, tints, looks nice)
he had his windows down, as did i, and i said to him "pretty nice car man" and he straight away replied with "wish i could say the same for you" and started reving me up.. needless to say, he did the loser fly-by lol
like seriously i can appreciate a good car but these twits cant???
Had a similar situation to this ... except I didn't launch ... the P-plater revved up ... lit the tyres up and took off.

Poor bastard didn't have the brains to check his mirrors and see the XR8 Highway patrol car 2 cars back watching all of it.

The poor Holden driver's never learn.

Yes I have seen quite a few idiot Ford driver's as well ... but the percentage of idiots that driver Ford/Holdens is 10/90 respectively. I do a lot of kilometres around Sydney and all of the suburbs for work ... and ai see a hell of a lot of idiot drivers out there ... and I have to truthfully say ... the majority are the Holden drivers (usually the V8 wannabes).
Old 11-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #25
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

And thats about typical.

I have a few fords , and would only ever own a Ford MYSELF, but i reckon some of the GMH product looks good, and sure goes great too.

My BA xr8 (lowered, tint, phantom, alloys, big brakes etc) often draws attention from LOTS of different people. They often drive other makes of cars, and on the hole the feedback is very positive.

But then there's the camp that drive V8 boggodoors, or at the other end of the spectrum really old Executives. A couple of days ago at the servo I complimented a driver on the Clubby R8 he was driving and asked what it goes like.

"A bloody dam site better than that piece of you're driving" was his response. I had started talking to him with a compliment, and asked a genuine question about what I reckon looked like a fantastic vehicle (accept for the colour). And what did I get, an earful of e from a an arrogant SOB in a n suit. Needless to say we continued to discuss his attitude / my thoughts on this as we walked to pay.

And little dweebs in 15 YO V6 ex cabs do the same. Proudly displaying their HSV i just **** one stickers attached to the rear window of the bucket o crap. Some have had the ignorance to say "What, ya couldn't afford a SS cobber ?"

To the knockers of OTHER peoples gear, get the dollars together to get your own pride and joy, something that YOU want. And for christs sake if you don't reckon something is for you, remember that you did not buy it, customise it, and don't derive the satisfaction that it probably brings someone else.

So shut the hell up or be nice.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #26
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Seen this many a time before. I like all types of cars ... but some people just can't handle that some of the Jap cars out there will literally always anihilate a Ford/Holden V8.

... then one of the guys at work enjoys handing anything on 4 wheels their **** with his Honda .... VFR800. Hardly any chance in keeping up with a decent motorcycle.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #27
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh come on I thought the guys here were "Opened Minded" and you start a thread about Holden V8 Drivers being arrogant pricks?

Now being a VL P Plater myself I dont consider myself a "Typical ****er Holden P Plater" ok so I give it a boot every now and then but I mean who doesnt?

Ok im probably gonna get flamed for this but oh well.

What has been ****ing me off latley is how you guys go on that guys in Holdens are the biggest trouble makers and you guys make yourselves out to be little angels who never do anything wrong.

Atleast I do admit (Hell even on Commodore sites) that there are idiots in Holdens no one in this thread apart from gmhdriver (And a couple of other guys) has admited that there are idiots in Fords.

Sorry but its been ****ing me off that you guys hide the truth about yourselves most of the time.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #28
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

There are idiots behind the wheel of every brand of car, get over it.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #29
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:

Lol I wear my HRT clothes while I drive the TX5. Just show unbias.

Ohhhhhhh , yeah ! The three wheeled Nissan ! They cheated to win ! I mean, we still havent worked out how they did it , but they used skaifes nose for an aerodynamic advantage some how !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 11-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #30
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Yeah but what does it have to do with the car itself?

Put them in a Falcon,WRX,EVO,Skyline etc and their stll gonna be idiots no matter what.

Its not the cars its the tossers who drive them.
Closed Thread