Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old Today, 03:00 PM   #1171
Fed
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Covid 19 -

What's the best look, a standard white mask, a standard coloured mask or a head scarf wrap like the camel jockeys wear?
I'm leaning towards the full head wrap camel style mainly because it would be easier to make with unlimited colours & designs but I'm a little concerned about social taboos.

Size? Length x Width? How to wrap your head?
All help appreciated.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #1172
hayseed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
On the subject of the Ruby Princess, hasn't that been a massive debacle (being nice) for NSW and Australia!! What a absolute cock up.

Latest news saying that the ship had lied about their Covid-19 status, saying they had no cases on board. And then NSW Heath / Border Force letting them all off without even a single precautionary body temperature check!??
If this is Correct?
It would explain It away..

https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/plag...-in-australia/
hayseed is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 03:10 PM   #1173
Franco Cozzo
Misanthropist
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Geez Franco, not often you hear went on a cruise and steel capped boots mentioned in the same sentence, what were you expecting to find in NZ.
I found a 300g porterhouse and chips at a pub in Christchurch for $19 NZD - great deal! That's $34 at my local.

I'd like to go back but maybe fly across and hire something like an SS Commodore and drive across the country instead, I don't mind the cruise ship but you're limited to a couple hours off the ship before you gotta get back on and NZ has some sweet terrain to haul *** across.

The boots are because I only own two pairs of shoes and the boots are the multi tool - formal? collared shirt, suit, tie and shine up the boots
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #1174
Franco Cozzo
Misanthropist
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
What's the best look, a standard white mask, a standard coloured mask or a head scarf wrap like the camel jockeys wear?
I'm leaning towards the full head wrap camel style mainly because it would be easier to make with unlimited colours & designs but I'm a little concerned about social taboos.

Size? Length x Width? How to wrap your head?
All help appreciated.
Make sure you also drive a yellow Falcon with 950,000km on the clock to complete the look
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #1175
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I found a 300g porterhouse and chips at a pub in Christchurch for $19 NZD - great deal! That's $34 at my local.

I'd like to go back but maybe fly across and hire something like an SS Commodore and drive across the country instead, I don't mind the cruise ship but you're limited to a couple hours off the ship before you gotta get back on and NZ has some sweet terrain to haul *** across.

The boots are because I only own two pairs of shoes and the boots are the multi tool - formal? collared shirt, suit, tie and shine up the boots
Unzud is an incredible place. Unbelievable beautiful, you go half an hour and it's completely different. The people were so friendly everywhere we went. I seriously looked at moving there. Driving is absolutely the way to go. We flew into auckland drove around the north, back to auckland, plane to nelson, drove around the south. Christchurch and home. The roads are fantastic, the cops were actually friendly, the sounds were breathtaking (you MUST do Queen Charlotte drive).

The thing that bothered me most though is there seemed to be a few really wealthy and lots of people just barely getting by, and not much in between.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #1176
hayseed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Unzud is an incredible place. Unbelievable beautiful, you go half an hour and it's completely different. The people were so friendly everywhere we went. I seriously looked at moving there. Driving is absolutely the way to go. We flew into auckland drove around the north, back to auckland, plane to nelson, drove around the south. Christchurch and home. The roads are fantastic, the cops were actually friendly, the sounds were breathtaking (you MUST do Queen Charlotte drive).

The thing that bothered me most though is there seemed to be a few really wealthy and lots of people just barely getting by, and not much in between.
Australia is fast becoming Like that, Too.
hayseed is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #1177
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Just like Tasmania.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 04:30 PM   #1178
MercuryT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 staff at a hospital down here tested positive.

I think 18 or so fellow medical staff now in isolation.

Really not ideal.......
MercuryT is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #1179
oldel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Australia is fast becoming Like that, Too.
Yeah, take the mining and housing boom/bubble away and that describes Australia. It's increasingly likely we are going to end up like that when ore and gas doesn't get get exported and people are in debt more than what their houses could be worth soon.

There will still be rich people because they bought rock bottom cheap in the 90s though. But everything after that was a debt lie of wealth with cheap credit built on a mining boom economy and the banks lending too easy on free rising equity.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 05:50 PM   #1180
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Geez Franco, not often you hear went on a cruise and steel capped boots mentioned in the same sentence, what were you expecting to find in NZ.
hold on hold on hold on
back it up a little (can i say that ?)
did you mistake steel cap boots with wellington boots

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post