Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #1021
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Best way to shop those main 2, get there early I was advised and told the wife I'm doing it ont he way to work.
Couldn't believe it was the first time in 3wks I actually saw TP on the shelf ! and paper towels yesterday morn.
What bugs me can't get any sanitizers or dettol for eg, like ffs that is a joke.
I thought where else, scored hand cleaner and carton of nitrile diposal gloves at - rip every c off - win win.
If you want Hospital grade Disinfectant try a Hair Salon supplier.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #1022
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
went to woolies yesterday. stacks of fruit and veg, meats were almost gone, lots of bread.

paste ,rice, pasta sauce,tinned tomato's. not muck left, @ 10am, s,w,sydney.

i feel sorry for big families, and isolated country people.
as I posted in another thread a few days ago

Quote:
Expect the possibility for an even heavier round of shortages in the coming weeks. worse before it gets better.

I heard it on the grapevine.
expect the hours to go out to 10 pm-close in some areas, already happening in some stores, and also expect the possibility of 100 shoppers at any one time (why they are extending hours) and yes expect less stock.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #1023
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Says the guy who just bought enough stuff to last another two weeks

You are part of the problem...
Is he?
I'd have thought a fortnight supply of shopping is fair, lots of people only shop fortnightly for any number of reasons, ourselves included.
I guess the question is, what's worse, 1 big shop fortnightly which limits your exposure to the risks in a high density area at the expense of taking more off the shelves in 1 go or exposing yourself twice and removing half as much.
Damned if you do damned if you don't so I think the best plan is to simply continue your normal practice, it's those who shop more regularly but taking enough in one crack to last beyond that frequency that are causing the issue.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:44 PM   #1024
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
One pimple faced 15 year old tried to pull me up for doing that with toilet paper....
just take a wig ,fake mustache, aviation glasses and a double sided jacket, simple.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2020, 06:57 PM   #1025
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I note that NSW’s Plice Minster has apparently intervened to ensure fishing - as a passive recreational activity - remains acceptable and legal. Obviously the other requirements for segregation etc remain applicable. Hopefully this will allow a few people the means to clear their heads and get out safely.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #1026
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
just take a wig ,fake mustache, aviation glasses and a double sided jacket, simple.
My mistake was wearing my orange Gangnam Style shirt.... Was a little hard to blend in.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
This user likes this post:
Old 02-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #1027
.:4:.
Kicking back

My boss called the italian bloke i work with and told him tp take next week off. This bloke has not much annual leave unlike myself, but my boss means well as next week is a 4 day week so guys with out much leave get paid the public holidays as opposed to using 2 days of entitlements. Now what concerns the italian bloke is he is sponsered by the company to stay in the country. If he loses his position, he has to leave the country. And nows not a good time to travel, especially to italy. So i understand to a degree his concerns. The english bloke i was also working with isnt as concerned. He can apply for residency in 2 months, and his mrs is still working and is sponsered by her work so he can work out a work around worst case scenario apparently. I cant see much good for our offshore crew, thats what our projects team call themselves as only 1 bloke is australian. And project work is getting postponed left right and centre.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #1028
Bent8
Long live the GT !

This will sound strange to many of you but COVID-19 is simply a flu strain. (the body reacting to toxicity with exosomes)

The seasonal flu has already killed over 5 times as many people worldwide when compared to this so-called "virus"

There is no proof that a virus is the cause of disease... look it up.

Dr Andrew Kaufman explains what COVID-19 is and how it cannot be transmitted from person to person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcS60a9cdg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzaVpUjV5rg

How they fake the pandemic with crisis actors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pIMD1enwd4&t=33s

Why Italy has higher mortality rates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9aZflBoOU

Use this link to stay informed people... turn off your TV

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 02-04-2020, 07:38 PM   #1029
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been back in the office this week because working remotely just slowed up so much. Been a dream with **** all people there.

They reckon they have changed session settings and given out some advice to reduce the demand so I will give it another crack tomorrow to see how it works.

It's quite a rapid expansion of remote working capability and not helped by the huge demand Australia wide. WebEx is copping a flogging.

The good thing is I can get into the shops bang on 8am to hopefully stock up on some hard to get things.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 02-04-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:47 PM   #1030
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

CV is placing its imprimatur on foreign policy...

The gay nomads (now living in Estonia) have told me they are advised right now by DFAT to come back immediately or be without any ongoing diplomatic support. Upon return (at their own expense) they would be placed into paid isolation for a fortnight.

As they are residing on a transitional visa, the Estonians do not regard them as citizens and want them (as filthy, disease-ridden foreigners) OUT NOW.

The nomads cannot evict their tenants, even if they do not pay rent as contracted to, therefore they will likely have to live somewhere else (presumably within Australia) and be supported by the government….
Old 02-04-2020, 08:50 PM   #1031
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8 View Post
This will sound strange to many of you but COVID-19 is simply a flu strain. (the body reacting to toxicity with exosomes)

The seasonal flu has already killed over 5 times as many people worldwide when compared to this so-called "virus"

There is no proof that a virus is the cause of disease... look it up.

Dr Andrew Kaufman explains what COVID-19 is and how it cannot be transmitted from person to person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcS60a9cdg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzaVpUjV5rg

How they fake the pandemic with crisis actors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pIMD1enwd4&t=33s

Why Italy has higher mortality rates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9aZflBoOU

Use this link to stay informed people... turn off your TV

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
April fools was yesterday...

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
Old 02-04-2020, 10:30 PM   #1032
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Says the guy who just bought enough stuff to last another two weeks

You are part of the problem...

you make me laugh, why would I want to go to the shops every few days before this started I used to buy enough food for 4-6 weeks besides fresh veggies. I dont know any of my mates that shop more than once a fortnight for the big shop
Old 02-04-2020, 11:06 PM   #1033
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
you make me laugh, why would I want to go to the shops every few days before this started I used to buy enough food for 4-6 weeks besides fresh veggies. I dont know any of my mates that shop more than once a fortnight for the big shop
Wogs are the original doomsday preppers, we've got a two car garage that's never had a car in it, it's a pantry

Every wog family has the pantry garage, sometimes they turn into a salami or passata processing plant

5 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2020, 11:19 PM   #1034
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Wogs are the original doomsday preppers, we've got a two car garage that's never had a car in it, it's a pantry

Every wog family has the pantry garage, sometimes they turn into a salami or passata processing plant

Dunno mate, my ex wifes mother, who i do keep in contact with. Shes no wog, but has 4 freezers and 1 fridge. No semi market garden in the yard, so no bragging about fresh tomatoes or zucchinis. But more like the best before was 5 years ago, but its fine, its been frozen. But thats nothing new. Its not recent. Its been that way since 19 years ago when i asked my then future ex wife why the 4 freezers?
Old 03-04-2020, 12:26 AM   #1035
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Dunno mate, my ex wifes mother, who i do keep in contact with. Shes no wog, but has 4 freezers and 1 fridge. No semi market garden in the yard, so no bragging about fresh tomatoes or zucchinis. But more like the best before was 5 years ago, but its fine, its been frozen. But thats nothing new. Its not recent. Its been that way since 19 years ago when i asked my then future ex wife why the 4 freezers?
does it count if i can still slaughter fresh ?
as i still have all my slaughter equipment , hanging equipment and stainless bandsaw from when i ran a broadacre
miss the shopping lines/prices and a fresher better cut of meat
wonder how the neighbors would take it if i pushed the project out the shed and hung a few beefers n sheep now i live in the verbs
and the green bin full of slaughter waste

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
3 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2020, 01:52 AM   #1036
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Yeah that's the dumb way to do it. One power failure and you're screwed, plus also dodgey storage dates and when you're old how could you afford the power bill? I know people have complained to me recently that freezers are all sold out so they can't hoard as much as they'd like. cocks.

There was even an article in a local paper that some idiot bought a trailer coolroom with generator and cleaned out the local butcher completely. Dumb hoarders. The old way is the best, wish I was brought up in those families* Salting and canning/jarring stuff to be good without refrigeration.
*Everyone's grandparents probably knew how, all around the world, but the western boomer gen went for instant meals and freezers and not keeping the knowledge, unlike some euro cultures in Australia.

I went and got an aldi phone sim card today (only the second time I've set foot in an aldi store). Kind of needed to because it's not worth putting $70 for long life credit on my old half broken telstra prepaid phone

Poor form from aldi at currumbine perth. Only one guy at the checkouts and he was sicker than anyone I've ever seen standing up. I think I have the covid19 now. That guy was sniffling, coughing and wiping everything on his sleeve.
**** him and **** whoever thought it's OK he should work.

Last edited by oldel; 03-04-2020 at 02:04 AM.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #1037
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Old 03-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #1038
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

In light of the thread I think someone needs to post their 'Stay at home' message...

Can I do it from the phone I wonder?

Old 03-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #1039
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

https://youtu.be/VGMQO5frsSk

Bloody hilarious

4 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #1040
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

When this is all over, and with Australia adding another Trillion dollar debt with all the stimulus packages and handouts, we and our kids will be paying for this for a very long time to come.

That will be the real damage.

All the relief handouts, isn't coming from an endless free pot of taxpayers money the Government has on hand.

Eventually, all Australians will have to pay back that debt.

I think raising the rate of GST will be a given.

Expect 15% GST in the near future.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #1041
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
When this is all over...
yes maybe gst increase, i prefer a levy, its easier to repeal
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #1042
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
When this is all over, and with Australia adding another Trillion dollar debt with all the stimulus packages and handouts, we and our kids will be paying for this for a very long time to come.

That will be the real damage.

All the relief handouts, isn't coming from an endless free pot of taxpayers money the Government has on hand.

Eventually, all Australians will have to pay back that debt.

I think raising the rate of GST will be a given.

Expect 15% GST in the near future.
Most probable. But what's the solution otherwise? They need to try to keep business's going till this is over or it's going to be a total sheetshow, with probably quarter to half the population unemployed if they didn't. Then it will be paying billions in unemployment.

Should send the bill to those chinese communist party @#*^'s.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #1043
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Most probable. But what's the solution otherwise? They need to try to keep business's going till this is over or it's going to be a total sheetshow, with probably quarter to half the population unemployed if they didn't. Then it will be paying billions in unemployment.

Should send the bill to those chinese communist party @#*^'s.
Well you let half of it go. Sorry. Its not good but you cant continually prop everything up.

I'm concerned when the next one comes around, say we have one in the next 10 years, what then? Bail outs for everyone with what?

Society got so hell bent on environmental sustainability, but what about economic? Why do individuals, SME and most large business not hold cash or liquid assets to get through times like these? They couldn't even last two weeks.

There will be some sectors that just couldn't with the high costs of running, airlines is a pretty good example, but why the gov has to bail every ***** out when ever he economy takes a dip/hit seems unsustainable itself.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-04-2020, 12:33 PM   #1044
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The way I'd look at this is Australia should work at building economic independence from China while supporting economic sanctions against them.

It's time China was held to account, preferably without nuclear war.

Hurt them economically, try reduce trade with them.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:46 PM   #1045
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
The way I'd look at this is Australia should work at building economic independence from China while supporting economic sanctions against them.

It's time China was held to account, preferably without nuclear war.

Hurt them economically, try reduce trade with them.
Only problem is they make things way too cheap for people to ignore.

We are a nation of tigh asses that would be happy to drive out of our way to save 4c a litre on fuel or line up for hours to get our ALDI catalogue special.

Our minimum wage per hour is seen as a good wage per day in some parts of China.

Now, when this is all over we are going to be even more broke than we have ever been before, individually and as a nation.

Who will we turn to to get back on our feet at the lowest possible price?

Same people who put us there in the first place.

Almost every 'buy Aussie' campaign has ended in economic failure - ask Dick Smith.

Old 03-04-2020, 12:55 PM   #1046
PhilT2

Strong rumour that the Qld govt plans to increase the royalty charges on coal exports. Much of our coal goes to China
Old 03-04-2020, 12:56 PM   #1047
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The way I'd look at this is Australia should work at building economic independence

4 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2020, 01:19 PM   #1048
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Well you let half of it go. Sorry. Its not good but you cant continually prop everything up.

I'm concerned when the next one comes around, say we have one in the next 10 years, what then? Bail outs for everyone with what?

Society got so hell bent on environmental sustainability, but what about economic? Why do individuals, SME and most large business not hold cash or liquid assets to get through times like these? They couldn't even last two weeks.

There will be some sectors that just couldn't with the high costs of running, airlines is a pretty good example, but why the gov has to bail every ***** out when ever he economy takes a dip/hit seems unsustainable itself.
i'm guessing your job isn't under threat?
Old 03-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #1049
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Only problem is they make things way too cheap for people to ignore.

We are a nation of tigh asses that would be happy to drive out of our way to save 4c a litre on fuel or line up for hours to get our ALDI catalogue special.

Our minimum wage per hour is seen as a good wage per day in some parts of China.

Now, when this is all over we are going to be even more broke than we have ever been before, individually and as a nation.

Who will we turn to to get back on our feet at the lowest possible price?

Same people who put us there in the first place.

Almost every 'buy Aussie' campaign has ended in economic failure - ask Dick Smith.

Completely agree, had some spats this morning with people over pricing wanting stuff for Chinese prices.

It's reality check time for Australia but I think we're too daft to get the message over globalisation maybe hasn't really worked in our favor.

Americans over the counter are another one who are expecting to pay US prices in Australia, sorry but we don't have illegal Mexicans doing the heavy lifting here in Australia.

Anyway I have more on this topic but alas I'm about to depart our lunch room as someone is slurping, eating with their mouth open and sucking air in rather loudly, I'm exiting before I make them turn blue and stop breathing

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 03-04-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #1050
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post

All well and good, but what happens when half the companies in the country fold? Anarchy.

Might as well start dressing like mad max, fire up the last of the V8 interceptors and "see you on the road scag".

Hearing that our border force is intercepting dodgy and defective shipments of PPE and protective clothing from China now. Probably the CCP sending it over in the hope our infection rates soar, so they can buy more of the country up so we become more enslaved to these bastards.
6 users like this post:
Closed Thread