Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
phat_pudding
Starter Motor

Default air con selector failure ws zetec

Hi there guys.

Got a second hand WS zetec the other day. Love it, has character in its quirks! But one thing that is ****ing me off is the air con selector (to select where is blows from). Mine is broken as it only forces freezing cold air onto my feet. Can't change where it blows from!

Anyone know what i should check? I'm thinking of taking the selector apart and just checking the wires are connected. Any further into the dash and its probably a much bigger job for the mechanic!

If anyone has had this issue before, please share any experiences. Thanks heaps!

phat_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Lewy

Default Re: air con selector failure ws zetec

On ours we had the fresh/recycle button stop found it o be the little plastic arm that opened and closed it to be broken.. You might have a similar issue. we had ours fixed under warranty!!

Lewy
Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

There's a few little plastic arms/clips behind the selector controls. I recall another member having it break or come loose. Maybe do a search, you might find a thread/post on it.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
phat_pudding
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God View Post
There's a few little plastic arms/clips behind the selector controls. I recall another member having it break or come loose. Maybe do a search, you might find a thread/post on it.
Thanks heaps for the info guys. It sounds like something i can probably fix once i learn how to remove the switch and surrounding dash parts.

If anyone has anything else to ad, please do! this is the first fiesta i've owned so i don't know my way around it.
phat_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
trumpy73

The switch where the cables terminate is near the footwell on the left. Easy enough to remove the cover to see if there's something obvious there.

Mine got stuck on 'front' mode. I was about to have a look at it but prior to doing so I decided to crank it up full blast and toggle circulate/outside air switch a few times. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence but it magically fixed itself. It's been ok ever since.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post