Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
whitetdci

Default Remote problems

No this is not some long distance issue, rather a problem with the car remote on a MA TDCi. It all of a sudden up and died on me. Wife's one is working fine still. I am assuming that the transponder chip is located in the key section and not the button section as I have separated the two and tried to start the car and lo and behold it does. Just need someone to confirm this. Secondly has anyone bought any of the remotes off ebay for these? Any issues if you have. Back to using a key to open the doors for a while. How archaic lol

whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
nevetsg

Default Re: Remote problems

Whist the XR5 and Titanium drivers are going "You have to push a button to unlock your car? How archaic..."

I can't help on other enquiries though.

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
whitetdci

I guess keyless entry would be nice, but I am very pragmatic in regard to cars. Can't see the value in driving an Aston like my friends. Rather put my money elsewhere. OK so I cant afford an Aston. Would rather have a GTR than that. More bang for bucks, still I like my TDCi
whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #4
yelpir

No need to start a new thread as this already exists. The remote for my MA Mondeo Zetec died a couple of days ago (had given a few warnings like having to press the button repeatedly to open or lock the car, so I knew the battery was on its way out). Replaced the battery today and still does not work. Any one knows what the problem could be? It was just a straight swap job. I have a duplicate key-fob but I won't get to where it is until the next 2 weeks.
yelpir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #5
yelpir

Hi all problem solved. After trying a few, this one from Ford wiki works (http://www.talkford.com/page/fordwik...ogramming-r481).

Note that I didn't hear a chime at step 5 (and doors were closed with seat belt fastened) but it still worked.

Remote Transmitter Programming

1. Note: A maximum of four keyless entry remote transmitters can be programmed to the generic electronic module (GEM). Programming must be done at the same time for all the transmitters.

Note: To enter programming mode, first make sure that the vehicle battery is fully charged and the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered (if equipped).

Close all doors and fasten the safety belts to make sure conflicting chimes do not sound during programming.

2. Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II at least four times in six seconds.

3. Turn the ignition switch to position I.

4. The GEM is now in the learning mode.

5. Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote transmitter until a chime sounds. This indicates a new transmitter code has been successfully received.

6. After each successful programming, another 10 second learning mode is automatically entered, up to a maximum of four times.

7. To program additional transmitters, repeat step 5.

8. The system will leave the learning mode after the ignition switch is turned to position III, or if no new transmitter is programmed during the 10 seconds, or if four remote transmitters have been programmed.

9. Note: An incorrect programming procedure does not affect the stored codes.

After successful programming, only the new programmed transmitters will be accepted.

10. Test all the programmed transmitters, by activating and deactivating the locking/unlocking functions.
yelpir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:27 PM   #6
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Good instructions for a Zetec.
Don't work on my XR5 'cos there's no ignition switch (step 2- keyless Ford Power start button).
My remote failure took a visit to the dealer with car and BOTH keys for programming....bother !! F($#$ techonology sometimes.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post