Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-11-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
GROOV3
Rollin

Default Head, cams engine mods ?

Hi There

Just wondering if any one has gone for bigger cams and stuff for there 1.6

im sick of not having enough go. Any one done any head work and cams on a 1.6 and got anything to show ?

last few days been owned hard. tonight by a integra (not sure if it wa sa typr s or r) but rolling alon accel and it had so much more balls

and on the week end by a clio sport.

both fair enough but i want a bit more go.

GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
and on the week end by a clio sport.
Hahahhaha, almost double the power... same weight.

I dont think anyone has done engine work appart from Air Filter and exhaust

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #3
GROOV3
Rollin

yeah we were just playing around but yeah about double the power and yeah it pulls like anything, i want one

lol

well i think its time to start enquiring or finaly make the decition to go over seas or to stay here and sell the fez and get something differt
Old 24-11-2005, 01:36 AM   #4
Tripe

A Clio sport and an Integra would woop your butt! LOL

I got beat by a Renault Kangoo delivery van LOL, and I was actually trying hard to beat him but he edged ahead as I started approaching the speed limit.... I was totally embarrassed! And I did'nt even miss a gear hehe.

Yeah I think the 1.6 duratec needs a bit more power, maybe bolt on a turbo or supercharger if it fits, or just buy something better like a Renault Kangoo LOL.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 01:37 AM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
yeah we were just playing around but yeah about double the power and yeah it pulls like anything, i want one

lol

well i think its time to start enquiring or finaly make the decition to go over seas or to stay here and sell the fez and get something differt
HAHAHA, ive already decided... Im getting a Renault Clio Sport

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 24-11-2005, 06:23 AM   #6
na01

Unfortunatly our Fiesta's aren't really performance oriented. Its a great car to get you to places without borring the sh1t out of you but when it comes to power, you might as well save the money for engine upgrade and put it towards for another car like Renault's 182 cup, Pug Gti 180 etc etc. I'm totally fine with what this car has to offer stock but in a year or so I hope to make a upgrade to something different.
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 06:36 AM   #7
joshf2
striped

imo, cam work would be nice, but unless you have some sort of variable cam timing, youre not going to get the screaming top end of a v-tec. with that in mind, you'd be looking for a cam which would improve your mid range. the duratec is already alot stronger in its mid range than its top end, so a cam may not be worth the development money. forced induction is probably the only way to go, if you want to stay with the fiesta as a "performance" car.

p.s. of course youre going to get smashed by vtec's and other euro hot hatches. thats why you paid half the amount to buy your car ;)
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 08:22 AM   #8
azza1
black zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripe
A Clio sport and an Integra would woop your butt! LOL

I got beat by a Renault Kangoo delivery van LOL, and I was actually trying hard to beat him but he edged ahead as I started approaching the speed limit.... I was totally embarrassed! And I did'nt even miss a gear hehe.

Yeah I think the 1.6 duratec needs a bit more power, maybe bolt on a turbo or supercharger if it fits, or just buy something better like a Renault Kangoo LOL.
Me. Done by a Corolla Sportivo, oh the shame. To my credit i did have four mates in the car, he only had two. Plus ths bloke was Kamikaze and nearly swiped me to avoid a parked car, but whatever the excuse i still got done by a 'rolla. Shame Shame Shame... Get used to it!
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #9
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I also agree the fez is a very reliable car with alot to offer, but does need more grunt. I havent had any ownages of late with any hot hatches or anything, but did own a misubishi verada i think 2002 model on several occasions.

I will be difinitley be selling the fez within 1-2 years and concidering either the Xr5 or XR4(If it comes) realisically i would settle for anthing like a pug/renult/wolkswagon.
Old 24-11-2005, 11:20 AM   #10
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

from a stand still the torque is :] then after 2-3 seconds of bliss reality sets in and you see even vans beating you lol

im using the fez now as a daily car :] reliable and fuel efficient; then when im out of uni, start saving up for a jap performance car :]
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 01:00 PM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

What you all say is true. Its not performance oriented... but trust me, ive been with 5 Renault Sport Clios in the twisties at 90kmh with TORRENTIAL rain, and i can tell you the Fiesta does handle. Before it started to rain, they got me on the exit of corners, but id get them at the start of the corner and stick with them the whole way through.

I think the reason why we want more power is because the Fiesta engine is such a free revving engine, and loves to play into its high rpm.... just that when its there, it makes alot of nice sounds, but doesnt really go.....

Old 24-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #12
parawolf
beep beep

does the edit from BA/BF work on Fiesta?
Old 24-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #13
GROOV3
Rollin

i know /knew i was going to get kained by them any one who thinks they could get any where close is an idoit, i was mearly disapointed in how slow my car is.

pos

arrgh

found out formular ford and how they are getting about 125 hp out of there engines is maily to do with the motec and intake manifold and throtle body.

so there you go
Old 24-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #14
st_boi
Starter Motor

hey just thought i would reinforce ur faith in ford and let u in on some good facts. my car, st170, has beaten many cars including a carolla sportivo, pug gti, kept up with a clio sport, and consistantly mocks 5 litres. oh yeah, and the other night a brand spanka S2000. not bad for a stock 2L.
st_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_boi
hey just thought i would reinforce ur faith in ford and let u in on some good facts. my car, st170, has beaten many cars including a carolla sportivo, pug gti, kept up with a clio sport, and consistantly mocks 5 litres. oh yeah, and the other night a brand spanka S2000. not bad for a stock 2L.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, very strange. Most of those cars are supposed to kill St170s...

Old 25-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #16
FlaminFiesta

ppl be patiend the Xr5 aint far away and lets pray for the ST hehe
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 12:38 AM   #17
Danny
GT4.

I've never ever been Beaten By anyone in my Fiesta.

Because I know not to embarras myself by attempting to race someone. They are not a fast car....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 01:45 AM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I've never ever been Beaten By anyone in my Fiesta.

Because I know not to embarras myself by attempting to race someone. They are not a fast car....
I race around corners.... always get them!

Old 02-12-2005, 08:41 PM   #19
Danny
GT4.

Tru, tru, they do have pretty good mid corner speed, they just can't handle it when you ask them to pull out of it lol.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post