Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-11-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
na01

Well since other Fords are reading this I'll tell you something about my buying experience from my dealer.

Its bit long but here it goes.

From the day I paid my deposit for this car, I had to run around trying to find out what was going on because the service just deteriorate the second I paid deposit. Further more, I was not given this car for week and half longer than promised which was more important to me than the discount of the car. (was starting a new job and needed car to get there) I was given a loan car after I sent them email of complaint.

Now, you guys have probably seen the ad on TV about $1000 Ford factory cash back on Fiestas right? They say get your car before certain day before Dec and you're entitled for this. Well I asked my dealer before I received my car and they said that I just missed out because I paid the deposit before the promotion started.... fair enough.

Here comes the tricky part, my finance company made a cheque of $1000 more than what it should have been so instead of going through the hustle with my finance Co, I rang the dealer if I could get a refund of $1000 from the initial deposit I paid and they agreed to do it. Nice and easy!

The day I go to pick up the car, I was given a nice surprise with this car been fitted with the Ford rims instead of aftermarket rims that they offered but I was told that was extra cost so I am not going to get the full $1000 back. I was like WTF!? (basically I purchased the 16's rims option but the day I went to sign the papers I was told they didn't have those rims so they had to offer me aftermarket rims of same value which I agreed) I had to get back home that day so I told them that I’ll give’em a call about this and get it sorted.

As usual I had tried to ring them and send emails but no reply for a week. Not surprised! I than make phone call and spoke to the manager (I think) and he asks me how much am I supposed to get back and I tell him $1000 and he goes "No worries I have it ready for you in day or two" I was like damn he's understanding!

He gives me a call back in two days asks me to come and pick up the cheque as it is ready. So I go to the dealer and once I get there I see them whispering.... Some other guy I don't know asks me to come along with him to his desk and he kindly gives me back the over paid $1000. THAN he asks me to sign this paper which I have a look at it and it’s the frikin $1000 cash back promo paper! Once again I was like WTF!!?!?! I tell him that this is bull ! I also tell him that if I am entitled to this promo I should get $2000 back! This guy says I don't know what’s going on... I get the manager. At this time I'm shaking my head. Anyways this manager comes and starts to tell me some fairy tails like "This paper has nothing to do with the promo" when it has the promo on top of the paper! Anyways I couldn't be bothered anymore and signed the paper to get my grand back.

It’s only a cheap fiesta I bought now as I didn’t want to risk spending more money on a car with this new job but was seriously considering to go for bigger ford in the near future but I am definitely NOT going back there!

I am not going to say who they are on the net but will not recommend these guys to my mates.

I know NOT ALL dealers are alike but when I saw on TV the other day that car sales people are number one in untrusted list, I don’t blame the stats!

Last edited by na01; 26-11-2005 at 09:09 AM.
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
FlaminFiesta

Do a search for "PowerFord" and then post back mate (search on forums)
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
joshf2
striped

being brutally honest (as i usually am)

i really had no problems with the delivery of the car. they told me straight up, 3 months for a black one, or you can have a look at an aquarius one at another dealer. car was delivered on the day i was told, in the condition i ordered it in.

had problems with finance sorting out the payout on the old car, but was eventually squared away.

thumbs up to dale ford
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
na01

Holy sh7t FlaminFiesta. Sounds like you had it just as bad or worse.
At least I didn't get phone hung up on me but the day I went to pick up the car, the sales person who I bought the car was not there so I introduced my self to another guy and asked "So where's the car?" he says "What car?" .... I than explained to him how I was told to come in the morning to pick up this car etc etc. He walks off swearing. He eventually came back with the car but mate, these guys... I'm just lost for words to describe them.
Old 26-11-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
GROOV3
Rollin

mine wasnt to great, told me what i needed to know before hand (that was all fine) did a bit of bargaining.

came back for the first service to be told its like $285 for a service im like what are you on about when buying the car got told it was $175 every time by the sales rep.

then to go on and be told if i take it anywhere else even a differnt ford i loose the jarvis warenty.

so in effect they sold the car under false pretenses.

was not happy, so if any one ever asked jarvis ford is a no go, dont ever go there, they might not be able to make me happy but word or mouth travels and they will loose out.

and they can shove there extra warenty up there **** i got a $120 service from midas

who in there right mind would pay for oil and filter and check $285 even there bigger cars are cheeper and other fords way cheeper.

Jarvis ford stay away
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #6
na01

Geez i just read through about half of the replies in FlaminFiesta's thread. Some stories are horrific!
There should be thread for good experience at certain dealers so who ever thinking of buying a car should be headed that way to support those minorities of dealers.

RATT who’s a member here seems to be a nice guy. I believe he works at Peter Warren Special Smithfield. It was unfortunate that I couldn’t get there when I was buying…
Old 27-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #7
FlaminFiesta

its pretty scary hey mate, im no longer going back but i guess i wasnt alone. I would have liked to think i was a once off but it looks like i wasnt..

but if i had my time over i would have gone to RATT as well his responses seem more sincere than ones i got from the dealers. Im going to book my car in for a window problem at BradGarlick the guys have been great on the phone so far and i am pumoed to seeing how i go there
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 02:38 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey na01, where abouts are you from? Are you in Sydney?

HAhahaaha, seems most Ford Dealers are the same!

As soon as i gave the deposit, everything went downhill. I was promised they had 3 cars available in my colour, and that it shouldnt be a problem. About 1 week passed and then i get a call from the sales guy, telling me that the car was on a ship due to dock in one month.... HUH?! I told him that he told me a car was available, and that i had seen the car sitting in another dealers yard, but the reason i didnt get it there was because it wasnt impressed with their service (mind you i now think they are great and service my car there all the time lol).

I then found out, the reason why the car was on the ship, was because they tried getting a car with my wheels factory fitted. I told him that when we signed it was demanded to be put on after delivery. ANYWAYS, long story short, the day i went to pick up the car, i walked past a Fiesta Zetec in my colour and go to the sales guy "Where is my car?".. "that one there!". "Um, that can't be mine. It hasnt got the 16 inch rims, Tint or European Plates!!!!". Low and behold, the predelivery check was NOT done, and hence it took them 2 weeks to get it all sorted before i finally drove out with 1000km and the car i should have had the first time. Guy gave me two free tanks because was worried about getting blown by the boss. Also offered cost price accessories..... However my parents were really ****ed and did not accept. They wanted the car and nothing more to do with them.

After getting the car, ive realised i have Falkens worth $160 fitted on the car, when Continentials should be on the car, possibly worth $250+... not happy to say the least!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #9
azza1
black zetec

After getting the car, ive realised i have Falkens worth $160 fitted on the car, when Continentials should be on the car, possibly worth $250+... not happy to say the least!

Continentals $225 ea.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza1

Continentals $225 ea.
Sweet.... nonetheless, thats $260 they stole from me.....

HOWEVER, apparently we hadnt discussed tyres..... so there was no contract on it. If i wanted to, i could get him for a verbal contract, since he said whilst pointing to a Focus ZetecR with Goodyear Eagle F1s "It will be exactly like that, but 1 inch smaller".

Oh well, next time im going up to 205/45s.... so its ok i guess. But the Falkens are total rubbish. Was not happy....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 27-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #11
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My experience was great. I walked into the dealership and said "I wanna see the Fiesta" I was show to several of the fiesta they had, I looked at the LX and ZETEC and had both priced up and it showed that the ZETEC was the better deal (might have changed as the prices were higher when i got mine). I was show in great detail the car and after money changed hands i was give a delivery time of 2nd April.

2nd of April came around I went in at 9:30am was shown around the car once again to check everything and drove off.

PS all this talk about tyres, Unless you specifically stat what type of tyres you want on the car they are always gonna put on rubbish, the dealers get only rims and they put on trash to save money. Unless tyres are mentioned you will NEVER get them on verbal contract because they arn't the subject matter.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #12
na01

Well I've learned my lesson. Also its good to read other's experience and learn from them as well.
Pieoter, you should mention which dealer you went to so others can probably give'em a try and avoid those terrible dealers. We really should support good dealers.

Teki04, yeah I'm in Syd
Old 27-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Jubilee has been great with my service and warranty issues... I have also had lengthy discussions with a guy there about the Fiesta... great guys so far.

Peter Warren Smithfield - RATT... spoken to him a few times in PMs... and ive heard his a great guy

Peter Warren (Sydney Auto World)... to be honest i cant remember the guys name. But he was the one at the All Ford Day.... and there are two people of the same name, however he drives a Commodore which is lowered...... He was great in providing me information about Warranty etc about lowering my car (they had a Fiesta lowered for sale)....

SO, I guess there are a few we should avoid, and a few we shouldnt. Those are the ones ive had good experiences with.

Are we allowed to post who we had a bad experience with? lol... i know Flamin was with Power Ford..... sooooo, mine was City Ford, Rockdale. If im not allowed, sorry... a mod can edit this.

Cheers!

Old 30-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #14
mcnamg

bought both of my fords from titan ford in melville got a territory in march and was delivered as ordered when i was told it would be ready and the fez was much the same went into the dealers and saw the same guy he took me for a drive and gave me a good price and trade in had 2 cars in stock in the colour i wanted he put a hold on the newer one (he didnt tell me at the time) as the older one of the 2 was complied in april 05 and the one i got was complied in october 05 he didnt have to do this and he didnt tell me until i came to collect the car on the day i specified.

he also offered to do the pre delivery inspection on the saturday before the date i wanted it if this was more conventient even though he was only getting back from broome on the friday and was happy to come in on his day off to do the handover

it was nice when i picked up the fiesta they gave me a no more lamingtons discount card worth $50 (like an entertainment book has discounts at all different shops and lots of vouchers) a ford keyring and a titan ford map book and a free tank of fuel.

its amazing how some dealers can be so bad and others will go out of their way to make sure you get looked after.

as a result of looking after me i have referred both my parents and grandparents in law to him and both have bought cars from him and have been very happy
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 11:11 PM   #15
GROOV3
Rollin

it all comes down to how many sales they have, if they genraly need more sales, and more buisness they will be helpfull and nice

but if they already meeting quoters your just a number. i think the worst here in SA is the service you get after you buy the ford, well from Jarvis ford, i might try a differnt ford next time i have a problem
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 01:17 AM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I guess its all about the image they would like to have..... I know the same happens in Real Estate. After being in the industry, i know a few people in some offices, and ive heard the stories. As long as they have tenants in their properties, they really dont give a damn. With us, we pride ourselves on reputation. Without it we would not last. People come back to us because of the experience they have had.

If you have 1 bad thing happen, you tell 10 people. If you have a good one, you tell 3. This is quite evident here......