Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
cjf
GT Hardcore

Question Ford Common Factory Faults-Legal Action?

Just a thought after reading of the same components failing again & again, but what if every forum member chipped in a few dollars and we started a Class action case against FORD Australia to have some of these known factory faults rectified through Recall notices. Once a precedent is set Ford will have to fix these problems which should have been recalls.
Such as these:
Boss 5.4L tensioner failures.
Transmission cooler failures.
Diff Bushes.
Shockwave paint failure.

BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
Old 23-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Common Factory Faults-Legal Action?

wow good stuff lets just blow ford au out of aus and see what happens from there

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 23-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
cjf
GT Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
wow good stuff lets just blow ford au out of aus and see what happens from there
Ford has no problem with screwing over their customers. Maybe they need a kick in the *** to get them back on track with their quality control & customer service.
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.

Last edited by cjf; 23-06-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 23-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

What's wrong with you? YOu would never see this kind of blasphemy at ls1.com.au

Old 23-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
Just a thought after reading of the same components failing again & again, but what if every forum member chipped in a few dollars and we started a Class action case against FORD Australia to have some of these known factory faults rectified through Recall notices. Once a precedent is set Ford will have to fix these problems which should have been recalls.
Such as these:
Diff Bushes.
Shockwave paint failure.
Awesome idea! Lets sue an already struggling company for repainting shockwave at their own cost.
Seriosly have you done even a little research?
The Shockwave paint has been sorted, when a defective paint issue is bought to their attention and its confirmed as the paint fault, then ford will have it reprayed at no cost to the customer. On top of that it is not ford fault that the paint comes off, its the supplyier at fault.

Sueing ford will go you nowhere and benifit very few people at the cost of alot of peoples jobs and income
Old 23-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
BHDOGS
Banned

You would lose as there not safety issues also there building a car not a wooden table some **** will go wrong if you want perfection build your own car
Old 23-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
Buntz
Straight Eight

Americans sue. Australian's acknowledge their losses, learn from their mistakes, and move on.

Go buy a Holden.
Old 23-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
You would lose as there not safety issues also there building a car not a wooden table some **** will go wrong if you want perfection build your own car
Better still just sell your Ford , F off and buy something else , maybe a Toyota , you know the company that knowingly killed customers by hiding the throttle jamming fault and who employed the guy in the US who refused a recall going on to boast in emails to HQ in Japan how much money he had saved them by not recalling the cars they knew to be faulty and KILLING their customers .

I swear to god these days when I sign into " FORD " forums .com I have signed into lets do absolutely anything possible to drive Ford out of business .com
Old 23-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
bob^
LPS

Yeah who do you think you are. These common problems should be accepted out of love for the company.
Seriously guys, OK a class action may be over the top, but stop being so one eyed when it comes to common faults on these cars.
Old 23-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #10
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
Yeah who do you think you are. These common problems should be accepted out of love for the company.
Seriously guys, OK a class action may be over the top, but stop being so one eyed when it comes to common faults on these cars.

At no stage if you take a genuine issue to your dealership, with a car under warranty will you be refused repair.

If you buy a second hand car from "Toms Budget Used Cars", then get it serviced at "She'll Be Fine Mate Motors" then you will miss out on some 'close to the line' calls. Building a rapport with your dealership is important. They will support those who support them.
Old 23-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 

Go for it mate sue them
A person a stupid as you deserves too lose his money
Ford doesn't make the parts that fail
Do you seriously think ford would put out a dud car?
Yeah sure they have had problems, i had a ba xr8
In the time i had it it had issues but they were fixed
I also had a vy ss and it also had problems

To try and ruin ford thru class action is poor form pal
Old 23-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im going to sue the OP for such a silly thread..
Old 23-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
cjf
GT Hardcore

Haha some great response so far.
I have been a loyal Ford supporter for over 40 years and have over a dozen Ford vehicles now, more then most on this forum and I love my fords but I dislike the utter contempt the company shows to customers who fork out their hard earned cash to support ford in Australia. If Ford showed their customers some respect they would be in a better position in the market place.
Old 23-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
Haha some great response so far.
I have been a loyal Ford supporter for over 40 years and have over a dozen Ford vehicles now, more then most on this forum and I love my fords but I dislike the utter contempt the company shows to customers who fork out their hard earned cash to support ford in Australia. If Ford showed their customers some respect they would be in a better position in the market place.
Meh, I had three new Falcons from FoA and pretty much stood by any warranty work needed.

I can say that my experiences have all been positive but I don't pretend to speak for everyone either...
Old 23-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
but what if every forum member chipped in a few dollars and we started a Class action case against FORD Australia to have some of these known factory faults rectified through Recall notices.

Old 23-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can only say my experiences with Ford over the last 12 years have only been positive ones, having dealt with Thomson Ford and Sinclair Ford. Both dealers attended to any problems, everything was done in a gentlemanly manner by all parties and Sinclair Ford even arranged the timing chain tensioners on my BA GT-P to be covered under warranty even though the car was more than 12 months out of warranty. Can't beat that!

I am presently researching for my next car, I have a shortlist of 4, and the great way Sinclair Ford have treated me in the past will have some influence once I start to shop around.
Old 23-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

I'm thinking about suing also, I have a serious fault with my fuel system, I have to keep filling it up, the more I drive, the more often I have to fill it up, surely it must be a design fault??

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 23-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #18
Rodge
Banned

^^
Old 23-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

What a ridiculous topic. If you have a problem with Ford, take it up with them directly.

A class action is not an appropriate form of dispute resolution for those sort of problems anyway.
Old 23-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

This thread goes along the lines of suing any car manufacturer that has any sort of design fault with their car......So I guess every car manufacturer is going to get sued.

To the OP....Get a life...

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 23-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
FALCONXTV8
JUST CRUIZEN

Fact is that **** happens whether you drive a Ford, Kia or Lamborghini. If your not happy with a Ford move on to other manufacturers and see how things pan out. Good luck!

2012 KIA OPTIMA PLATINUM for the wife
Old 23-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #22
cjf
GT Hardcore

Looks like you are all happy to be bent over by Ford.

Last edited by cjf; 23-06-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 23-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #23
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Is it really school holiday's already..... damn this yr is going so quick.
Old 23-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes lets sue every car maker that builds a car with faults, the list starts at A and ends with Z ............ lotsa luck!
Old 23-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #25
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

What an angry bunch

The way I look at it, I'd rather have an Aussie designed and built car with perhaps a couple of common faults (all of which are covered under warranty, not a cent spent by me) than have an imported FWD gutless piece of garbage that has no faults (besides the fact that it's garbage).
Old 23-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
got laugh at some of these comments especially the spineless personal attacks, man up and back your comments up.
ill man up.. i just got back from maccas and my chips are cold.. how dare they..

time to lawyer up.. whos been dished up cold maccas chips before.. we could stitch them right up with a cold chip class action..!!!

hang on.. maybe it was that old fart i was stuck behind doing 10kmh under the limit.. i can blame him.. he made my chips cold..

but i made up for it as i zoomed past him.. then be damned i got safety cammed 15kmh over..

who is responsible for my cold chips.. my speeding fine..

someone will pay dearly for all these wrongs in my life..
Old 23-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #27
Uncle Tone
Ploppy pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
Such as these:
Diff Bushes.
Shockwave paint failure.
I'm guessing that your idea wont be popular with your Ford brethren, judging by the replies

Anyway, how are you going to back up your case? Surely not with your own modded car that has seen track time?
Old 23-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about when any other car has a number of common problems, should we sue them too? We can't just single Ford out.
Old 23-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #29
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six
What about when any other car has a number of common problems, should we sue them too? We can't just single Ford out.
you would have to.. to not could be classed as discrimination.. you could be sued..
Old 23-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #30
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Building a rapport with your dealership is important. They will support those who support them.
Quoted for absolute truth...!
This is so important. I've had my cars serviced by the same dealer since new and have a great relationship with them. I have everything at my disposal to service my cars myself, but still like to maintain my business at my Dealer.
It really ******* shites me when I hear of people storming into dealerships demanding their Ford gets fixed when they've never used their services before and in some cases not even bought the car there.
I witnessed this once with a guy who had the paint issue and was gobsmacked.

BTW; pottery beige, you are the king at one liner posts!
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Closed Thread