Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:34 PM   #31
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Hey mate, you still after some nitto's. Might come watch if your heading out for a few runs.
I can get a pair of Toyo RA-1's for about a grand. I'd like to go back next time with some more grip and a little more get up and go! Hope to see your green beast there along side, cmon........
Old 10-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #32
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
I can get a pair of Toyo RA-1's for about a grand. I'd like to go back next time with some more grip and a little more get up and go! Hope to see your green beast there along side, cmon........
Are they a full slick or a street tyre like the nitto's. If you want the 555R's in 265x45x18 let me know, about a grand for the nitto's and their the best. Although they are made by Toyo.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:38 PM   #33
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Smile

Quote:
Are they a full slick or a street tyre like the nitto's. If you want the 555R's in 265x45x18 let me know, about a grand for the nitto's and their the best. Although they are made by Toyo.
Yep, either Nitto or Toyo. The 265x45 is appealing, will that fit on our rims?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:42 PM   #34
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Cool Nitto

Will the 265x45 fit under the guard as well? I'd get them removed after my visits to WSID to help make them last. Has your mate definately got them? Some people say the RA-1's are best and some say Nitto, which are the best??????
Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #35
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Yep, either Nitto or Toyo. The 265x45 is appealing, will that fit on our rims?
Y e p.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:41 PM   #36
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Will the 265x45 fit under the guard as well? I'd get them removed after my visits to WSID to help make them last. Has your mate definately got them? Some people say the RA-1's are best and some say Nitto, which are the best??????
Yes it will, there's a number of member's on here with lowered GT-P's that are running 285's. My uncle is the largest private tyre importer in the country, can get them any time. He knows his rubber and wouldn't lead me astray. Let me know as soon as you want a set and ill go pick them up. Do you want them fitted or you going to put them on when you need them.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #37
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Question Tyres

I'd like them fitted, does he take Visa? Are the Nittos better though? How much are the Nittos?, thanks heaps.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #38
XRQTOR
Banned

If you Pm your number i'll ring tomorrow and pick them up on sat, i wont have a chance tomorrow im working 5:ooam till 1o:oopm.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #39
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Craig i have a work mate he says the Toyo's are very good 1.7 60 foot, his LS1 buddies have ripped 1.6 60 foot on the toyo's..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #40
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
I'd like them fitted, does he take Visa? Are the Nittos better though? How much are the Nittos?, thanks heaps.
The nitto's are the best street tyre money can buy.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #41
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Cool Tyres

XRQTOR,
Does your uncle sell Toyo RA-1's? I've been hearing great things too about these tyres Mark. Trouble is, I hear good things about both. I want some soon but not sure which one to get.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #42
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Question Tyres

Another thing Mark, I'd be getting something like a 245, 265 or 285 x 40 or 45 18in. Considering the profile would they still be good for drag racing?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #43
xr8gn3

Quote:
Btw Nos is a brand.
I know that, but most people are so familiar with NOS its just easier to say then Nitrous Oxide.

xr8gn3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 01:02 AM   #44
B-1B
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I couldnt make it last Wednesday but I am going next week.

Why are antagonist posts from members with high post counts so common now?
B-1B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #45
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
XRQTOR,
I've been hearing great things too about these tyres Mark. Trouble is, I hear good things about both. I want some soon but not sure which one to get.
you can get these Toyo's in a 18'' now there are some in Australia, my friend is getting his next week and he got his at a very good price....there both good either would be nice to own..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #46
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
you can get these Toyo's in a 18'' now there are some in Australia, my friend is getting his next week and he got his at a very good price....there both good either would be nice to own..
Hello Mark,
I can get some Toyo RA-1's from the tyre dealer around the corner, I wanted to make sure which tyre was better, Nitto or Toyo. I think the choice now is pretty obvious.