Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FTF Car Club of NSW > Club Discussions

Old 12-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Default Now I Have 3

Yes, 3 Cars.

Two of which we all know, Barney the Big Yella XC and the AU Mont.
Now also just acquired mrgofords EL Ghia.

The EL will probably remain as my daily, Im not sure where or how far to go with it just yet.
The AU, well i classify that as the Mrs Car, although ive tended to drive it more than anything else lately as it attracts less idiots.

The XC, well last week it done the Big End in.
Still runs and goes, but pretty much a ticking time bomb.
Here i was thinking i just had a noisy lifter, it was a big bottom end knock!
So this too a matter of how far to go with it.

At the moment...
I've ended up getting a donor car off a mate from high school, I managed to get a complete Falcon 500, with all the same gear as mine(engine & box all im interested in, mainly). So it appears ill just do a straight swap over.
So ill probably get my original matching numbers motor rebuilt, likely stroke it up a few notches i hope.
I was sort of hoping anyway to pull it off the road early next year to get it in and take care of a few area's starting to develop rust and had a few have already say it would be an opportunity now to take it off the road, get the spare engine in, do up the original motor and do the body at the same time. Being that i have the EL to get me around now, I could de-register and do that.

I could almost make it into a long term project car, although it may to be something i may not be able to do with all the women in my life trying to convince me to sell it and get something better(In Their Opinion), some of them actually have no concept.
Except when they are taking the P!55 out of you for it.

The most important thing at the moment is having $$$ to have my major "body mod" to be carried out in just under 3 weeks.
It has been long waited for.

So after that, we shall see whats what.

Last edited by AC; 12-10-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: making it make sense...
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post