Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2023, 05:25 PM   #2491
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Why is it there are many Rom-Coms of guys trying to get laid but hardly any of women trying to get laid?
Because, apparently, its ok for a male to be seen as a slut, practically celebrated. But for a female, that's a no-go topic of conversation.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2023, 11:17 PM   #2492
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Because, apparently, its ok for a male to be seen as a slut, practically celebrated. But for a female, that's a no-go topic of conversation.
Hmmmm, this did not go the way I intended. I was expecting so forum jester to answer "because in a female Rom-Com the credits will be longer than the movie!"

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-12-2023, 12:04 AM   #2493
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Why is it that we are our own worst critic?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2023, 02:29 PM   #2494
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Why is it that, after seeing a dentist/orthodontist/endodontist, the amount of pain you have in the tooth is inversely proportionate to the amount of pain you feel in the back pocket?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2023, 03:53 PM   #2495
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Armaguard vehicles advertise all over their vehicles that they are Armaguard and managing cash?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2023, 07:48 PM   #2496
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

saw one of their Land Cruisers in Tumby on Tues afternoon. 2 staff wetting thir feet in the sea
Old 07-12-2023, 10:34 PM   #2497
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
saw one of their Land Cruisers in Tumby on Tues afternoon. 2 staff wetting thir feet in the sea
what time was that??
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2023, 10:36 PM   #2498
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Why is it that, after seeing a dentist/orthodontist/endodontist, the amount of pain you have in the tooth is inversely proportionate to the amount of pain you feel in the back pocket?
Depends on the procedure i suppose. But kills me when they say, go home & have a Panadol!
Charge worse than Veterinarians...

Last edited by HIPO; 07-12-2023 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:17 PM   #2499
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
what time was that??
will I be getting someone in the poo?
Old 08-12-2023, 08:11 AM   #2500
HIPO
Al

No, more a funding thing...
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2023, 10:49 AM   #2501
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For the last week I've been visiting my brother in hospital.
There's a Wilson's car park with a ticket machine on entry, pay at the payment machine on the way back to your car and on exit put ticket in the machine.
Why is it I keep getting held up by, dare I say, by a woman who
A) enters into the wrong lane clearly marked STAFF ONLY then cuts back in on me,
B) stops too far away from machine to get her ticket, keeps reaching like her arm will magically get longer or the ticket will fly into her hand, then realises she will have to get out,
C) upon leaving has forgotten to pay and validate her ticket, has to call the guy to come help.
Every fricken day it's at least one scenario but yesterday I got the trifecta.
Disclaimer, hey, I'm sure men do it too, I just haven't seen it.
Old 14-12-2023, 09:52 PM   #2502
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Armaguard vehicles advertise all over their vehicles that they Armaguard and managing cash?
I saw a branded Prosegeur “cash kiosk” at my local Westfield yesterday. I’m thinking maybe it’s a fancy ATM? I’m not sure why it exists.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 15-12-2023, 12:47 AM   #2503
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
For the last week I've been visiting my brother in hospital.
There's a Wilson's car park with a ticket machine on entry, pay at the payment machine on the way back to your car and on exit put ticket in the machine.
Why is it I keep getting held up by, dare I say, by a woman who
A) enters into the wrong lane clearly marked STAFF ONLY then cuts back in on me,
B) stops too far away from machine to get her ticket, keeps reaching like her arm will magically get longer or the ticket will fly into her hand, then realises she will have to get out,
C) upon leaving has forgotten to pay and validate her ticket, has to call the guy to come help.
Every fricken day it's at least one scenario but yesterday I got the trifecta.
Disclaimer, hey, I'm sure men do it too, I just haven't seen it.
Hospital car parks are such a rip off, have had our fair share of paying for new Wilson car parks to be made.

Just a tip on these Wilson hospital car parks, I dont know if they have changed it but when we stayed with our dying parents we found they can only charge a maximum of $21 no matter how long you stay, so when we were doing the hospital visits and stays we just swapped tickets because the first half hour was free, each time someone came the next person took their ticket to leave so no fee, after multiple weeks we paid the $21 and left.

Screw you Wilson parking
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2023, 05:47 AM   #2504
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I have to book a morning airfare to Launceston and ferry back, evening of the same day.

…Whenever the air fare is cheap, the boat is dearer by pretty much the same amount. I wonder why?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 07:40 AM   #2505
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I have to book a morning airfare to Launceston and ferry back, evening of the same day.

…Whenever the air fare is cheap, the boat is dearer by pretty much the same amount. I wonder why?
Yeah the Ferry is getting a bit over the top especially this time of the year.Doesn’t seem to deter lots of caravanners though.At leastv$1000 each way,if you can get on.Seems 3-4 months out is normal to get a spot.Regular cars are easy,but anything towing or over 2.1 high can be a problem.Have you booked the Spirit yet?If not don’t be surprised if you have a wait to get on.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 08:00 AM   #2506
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not booked yet, it will be later today; there’s still single car spots available. Sailings jump to $660 in the new year. If I sail next Monday or Tuesday night it’s more affordable. $200 difference is 2/3 my petrol bill for the drive.

Flights in from Sydney are filling up faster. Should I drop you some Krispy Kremes, or are they no longer black market currency?
Old 15-12-2023, 09:39 AM   #2507
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Weekends were always dearer.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 04:22 PM   #2508
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not booked yet, it will be later today; there’s still single car spots available. Sailings jump to $660 in the new year. If I sail next Monday or Tuesday night it’s more affordable. $200 difference is 2/3 my petrol bill for the drive.

Flights in from Sydney are filling up faster. Should I drop you some Krispy Kremes, or are they no longer black market currency?
Thanks for the offer,but probably would either not eat them or become a raging addicted idiot and have to get into the drug business to keep the supply up
Old 15-12-2023, 04:31 PM   #2509
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Thanks for the offer,but probably would either not eat them or become a raging addicted idiot and have to get into the drug business to keep the supply up
They always tasted of rancid oil to me.
Maybe why they disappeared very quickly out of city shopping districts, to end up sold in Servo's.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 08:00 PM   #2510
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
They always tasted of rancid oil to me.
Maybe why they disappeared very quickly out of city shopping districts, to end up sold in Servo's.
Ahh yes, Krispy Kremes… Remember years ago doing weekly Mel Syd Mel flights… Every conceivable space occupied by KK cartons on the Syd-Mel leg.
Every trip my kids “Dad, where’s our KKs”
K K sorta died a slow death once they also opened in Melb didn’t they?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 08:58 PM   #2511
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Yeah the Ferry is getting a bit over the top especially this time of the year.Doesn’t seem to deter lots of caravanners though.At leastv$1000 each way,if you can get on.Seems 3-4 months out is normal to get a spot.Regular cars are easy,but anything towing or over 2.1 high can be a problem.Have you booked the Spirit yet?If not don’t be surprised if you have a wait to get on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender

Guys, when was the last time you booked on the ferry, it is fn ridiculous since it opened up after covid shutdowns, you got to book many months in advance to get your vehicle on it, you may be lucky if someone cancels.
I was put through hoops early this year getting over and back by ferry.
By the way I hope you like sailing on an overload boat with passengers, have fun trying to find a decent table and seats, a cabin was my salvation.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 10:25 PM   #2512
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Guys, when was the last time you booked on the ferry, it is fn ridiculous since it opened up after covid shutdowns, you got to book many months in advance to get your vehicle on it, you may be lucky if someone cancels.
I was put through hoops early this year getting over and back by ferry.
By the way I hope you like sailing on an overload boat with passengers, have fun trying to find a decent table and seats, a cabin was my salvation.
Generally normal cars aren’t a problem getting a spot.but caravans and overheight can be up to 4 months.Prices are right up there too.but because of the number of bookings I can’t see prices easing.Last time I travelled January ‘22.I did a day trip return,didn’t have any problems finding a seating in a quiet spot
Old 15-12-2023, 11:23 PM   #2513
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Generally normal cars aren’t a problem getting a spot.but caravans and overheight can be up to 4 months.Prices are right up there too.but because of the number of bookings I can’t see prices easing.Last time I travelled January ‘22.I did a day trip return,didn’t have any problems finding a seating in a quiet spot
Been on the ferry quite a few times over the years but my comment was for early this year, it was the worst I've ever seen, and bookings were horrendous.
I have never taken my caravan over to Tassie.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2023, 10:06 PM   #2514
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’ve previously done it return with a loaded car trailer and Fairlane tow car - that was nothing too difficult. Just the ute on Monday night, empty tray; last call if anyone wants a pallet or panels bringing to the mainland.
Old 16-12-2023, 10:55 PM   #2515
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I’ve previously done it return with a loaded car trailer and Fairlane tow car - that was nothing too difficult. Just the ute on Monday night, empty tray; last call if anyone wants a pallet or panels bringing to the mainland.
I do the oddAirtasker job and there was a job put up couple of weeks back,someone wanting a King mattress delivered to Sydney.I have messaged them.waiting for a reply.Are you interested couple hundred bucks
Old 16-12-2023, 11:13 PM   #2516
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

100%, if they’re still waiting and can work in with me. Tray 2150 long, 1830 wide internally. Got a blue tarp plus mesh cover.
Old 16-12-2023, 11:21 PM   #2517
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
100%, if they’re still waiting and can work in with me. Tray 2150 long, 1830 wide internally. Got a blue tarp plus mesh cover.
No reply yet,maybe tomorrow,will keep you updated
Old 17-12-2023, 05:52 AM   #2518
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’ve now solved this myself, but it deserves mention for “life under a rock” reasons.

Looking at the publicly viewable Faceache page for NSW police. With reports of people missing, instead of “likes” - half the posts in response seemed to have an emoticon of a yellow smiley that’s been punched in the mouth, dribbling blood. This unexplained violent imagery puzzled me; wondered if it was relatives of the missing, warning other posters to MYOB.

After several months I discovered via Google, it was supposed to be a yellow smiley hugging a red heart.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2023, 10:51 AM   #2519
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Mate no response so I guess it won’t happen
Old 18-12-2023, 11:44 AM   #2520
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I’ve now solved this myself, but it deserves mention for “life under a rock” reasons.

Looking at the publicly viewable Faceache page for NSW police. With reports of people missing, instead of “likes” - half the posts in response seemed to have an emoticon of a yellow smiley that’s been punched in the mouth, dribbling blood. This unexplained violent imagery puzzled me; wondered if it was relatives of the missing, warning other posters to MYOB.

After several months I discovered via Google, it was supposed to be a yellow smiley hugging a red heart.
Put your glasses on
2 users like this post: