Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Default Ford's technology: in R&D and hitting the market

I've seen in a number of posts a good deal of interest in technologies that Ford is working on, has been working on, and is coming out with, so I am creating this thread to make known what Ford is hitting the market with and what they are working on to bring to market ASAP. Realize that this is in the US but I am sure will migrate to any country where the technologies would sell.

We have an expression in the US when we talk about our military capability. We might talk about how a missile can be aimed from a boat 25 miles away and hit any mailbox you want, and at the end of your choosing. Then we ponder, if the military will let us know about this, what do they have that they won't let us know about?

I bring this up because Ford is much the same way.

There are quite a number of videos on Youtube that either Ford has put on there or the media has put on there highlighting something that Ford has done or is doing. I know there is just too many videos to look for and at, so I am going to link to some that I think are very significant or of interest to people here.

This first one is something that is hitting the market within the next few months, if not already. Besides highlighting the technology it also expresses the thought that goes into it, the nuances of the driver, in another technology Ford is working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O6Eb2M8Uus

Personally, I am very interested in the "Cross Traffic Alert" system to relieve my paranoia while backing out of a parking space in parking lots, and inconsiderate drivers just barrel down the isles.

And for those that thought only Lexus was clever enough to come up with a car that park's itself.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7n9nMLS8sU

Pardon the commercial at the beginning. Anyways, one of the comments on this video says that using this technology looks easier than on the Lexus. This is due out in mid-2009.

There's just a couple. I will be back to discuss these technologies and to post links to more.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post