Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 16-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XFT Track day

Ok just an update,

Cat 600 Me driving first pass 10.87 @ 130 1.77 60 ft Second pass same et but 131 and 1.71 60 ft
Ashleys Force 6, He ran it on its sreet tyres it went 11.4 @ 129
I then drove it and first pass it went 10.87 @ 129 on MT's

My F6...... Well........ I didnt get much of a run, 1st run 11.8 @ 132 2.2 60.

Second run 11.5 @ 135 2.0 60 ft.

Third run broke right hand half shaft on start line.

My ute...

First and only pass........ 11.1 @ 129 2.0 60 ft.

Second run... snapped tail shaft.

Phil watson. Snapped 2 shafts on 2 runs.. and gave up.

Daniels AU snapped half shaft...

DJ Kice went 11.5 @ 124 on his 20 inch street rubber.

Toni locatori went 11.01 @ 129 in his F6.

Vids and more pics later. Thanks

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

I went 12.06 @ 121mph on MT's and 12.3 @ 121mph on my 11" proxy4's.

Wheelspin on all tyres. I need more practice. Best 60' 1.968.

Had a ball and about 30 runs and only broke my belt tensioner

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Looks like XFT need to engineer a whole new drivetrain for the BA-FG Falcons, Utes & Sedans.

Too Much Power!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Looks like XFT need to engineer a whole new drivetrain for the BA-FG Falcons, Utes & Sedans.

Too Much Power!
Got that right, one thing we didnt do was go there short on grunt

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a bit of a bugger fella's.

And John so close to a 11 mate.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Some good times there, hard luck on all the breakages though, collectively, a lot of kilowatts there on the day.......

Good to see the KB ute relegate your F6 to "2nd" place in the stable mate, the dyno is nice, but when out on the blacktop, the F6 just paid the cost on it.

Well done again, and a nice 1st pass for the developmental KB kit

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Were all these breakages factory parts or aftermarket?
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
Were all these breakages factory parts or aftermarket?
Mostly factory pieces, Phil's Aussie record holding manual F6/XR6T broke a billet halfshaft though. Most of the manual trans cars broke halfshafts due to the new triple plate carbon clutch which has "limited" forgiveness on the start line and grips up almost instantaneously after the pedal begins to slide out.... very nasty.

Daniel
Old 20-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Mostly factory pieces, Phil's Aussie record holding manual F6/XR6T broke a billet halfshaft though. Most of the manual trans cars broke halfshafts due to the new triple plate carbon clutch which has "limited" forgiveness on the start line and grips up almost instantaneously after the pedal begins to slide out.... very nasty.

Daniel
Thanks Daniel. KCDR thinks the result of my billet halfshaft breakage a while back was because the factory diff bush and hat let go first. Here's hoping for the future!! Especially now with a new triple plate clutch too.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #10
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Thats a bit of a bugger fella's.

And John so close to a 11 mate.
Soooo close it wasnt funny.. A bit of setup with the ute will work wonders. At 121mph I should have a bit left.

My ute did me proud. Worked it hard and drove it home

Must say my Texralia clutch (Single plate 800whp unit) did extremely well. No slip etc. Only problem is it took me 5000km to get the shudder to go away and after Friday its Shuddering a little again.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
Thanks Daniel. KCDR thinks the result of my billet halfshaft breakage a while back was because the factory diff bush and hat let go first. Here's hoping for the future!! Especially now with a new triple plate clutch too.
We had the bushes all done and the Auto cars were all awesome with NO hop and great powerdown.....

BUT...

The manual cars with their grippy carbon clutches were absolutely brutal, the first 1/2 hour was like an episode of Death Race 2000, with cars smashing all over the track. Honestly believe that a steady driving technique learning curve combined with the move to slicks and frontrunners is the only way these clutches will work with a manual trans.

Daniel
Old 20-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #12
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

You blokes are way too brutal for me, I don't think I could bring myself to belt the Scud so hard.

I have never heard about such a large number of driveline breakages in the one event. As I think dan said - it speaks volumes about the grunt every one of those mad cars is producing. let's face it, these vehicles don't exactly have weak drivelines even in stock form, yet alone 'upgraded versions. Interesting that once you remove the clutch and pressure plate as the 'weak' link, something else almost guarenteed to fail.

thanks for sharing.

Oh, incredible MPH by Dan and Simon, I would kill for a run in either of your cars, the in gear roll on acceleration must be simply out of this world. awsome.

texas

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
You blokes are way too brutal for me, I don't think I could bring myself to belt the Scud so hard.

I have never heard about such a large number of driveline breakages in the one event. As I think dan said - it speaks volumes about the grunt every one of those mad cars is producing. let's face it, these vehicles don't exactly have weak drivelines even in stock form, yet alone 'upgraded versions. Interesting that once you remove the clutch and pressure plate as the 'weak' link, something else almost guarenteed to fail.

thanks for sharing.

Oh, incredible MPH by Dan and Simon, I would kill for a run in either of your cars, the in gear roll on acceleration must be simply out of this world. awsome.

texas
Yep, big grunt:

Simons F6.............. 624, backed off to just over 550 for the strip.
Simons KB ute........ 500.
My Terminator........ 588.
Phils Manual F6....... 512.
Johhny B's KB ute.... 430.
Pete's Manual F6..... 450.
Kevs Auto F6.......... 425.
Ash's Auto Force6.... 405.
And a few more F6/XR6T with around 350-400 rwkw as well.
Old 20-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
Soooo close it wasnt funny.. A bit of setup with the ute will work wonders. At 121mph I should have a bit left.

My ute did me proud. Worked it hard and drove it home

Must say my Texralia clutch (Single plate 800whp unit) did extremely well. No slip etc. Only problem is it took me 5000km to get the shudder to go away and after Friday its Shuddering a little again.
If you go out again John, do your self a favor, get some good rubber like MT streets, if you can put some smaller brakes on the back and run 16" MT's, way grippier than the 17" or 18" MT's due to the bigger sidwalls, some good heat into them and a good launch should get you into the 1.7's on a good track, which will take you well into the 11's. Or go all out and run full slicks, but changing brakes front and back isnt most cup of tea.

Last edited by Quadcams; 20-10-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 20-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
We had the bushes all done and the Auto cars were all awesome with NO hop and great powerdown.....

BUT...

The manual cars with their grippy carbon clutches were absolutely brutal, the first 1/2 hour was like an episode of Death Race 2000, with cars smashing all over the track. Honestly believe that a steady driving technique learning curve combined with the move to slicks and frontrunners is the only way these clutches will work with a manual trans.

Daniel
Manuals and these heavy cars, slicks are the only way to go, more forgiving on the driveline and with traction as manuals are so violent putting power down, and more consistant launchs.
Old 30-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yer, After mine broke the axle hub inside the diff it destroyed some of the internal diff parts aswell, Its got a truetrac being fitted today and the tailshaft got squeezed a bit out of shape aswell. SO its getting a bigger tailshaft, Only thing left is axles and ill take it down again with slicks and front runners. Utes had a bigger tailshaft fitted so its ready to head back aswell.

Video for the day will be finished this wekeend.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post