Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
SSbaby
Banned

Default VE SS to nudge 300kW?

Read under 'Holden and HSV'...

Old 16-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

yeah read it i think its all about an EGO problem over at fishermans bend
Old 16-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
SSbaby
Banned

I'm not sure that it's an ego problem... but the 'problem' for Holden is that the 6.0L LS2 is already in a mild state of tune... it could easily accept headers and decent exhaust and exceed 330kW.

That's why I believe the 5.3L will easily fulfill Holden's requirements but I think that by stocking common inventories for the LS2 (instead of two distinct engine lines), Holden and its dealers are able to reduce their costs.
Old 16-10-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

They just keep getting better, but the cost of petrol nowdays takes away some of the exitment i used to feel when seeing a new more powerfull car coming our way.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #5
aimzes
...fairly odd

i think its pretty silly to have a car like the SS (or even and XR8) come from the factory with 300kw. i mean where the f is it gonna end and how much more power will the hsv's or fpv's need to have. also how fast does a factory performance sedan need to go?

but then again, 300kw is what a 6.0 should be punching out.

eh dont mind me im probably talking absolute nonsence... im all for tuning cars and stuff but i dunno if a $50k sedan needs that much power from the factory...
Old 16-10-2005, 06:32 PM   #6
twr7cx

Will this not end up like the days of the Phase III were the Phase 4 was banned or what ever due to the high output?

What sort of performance figures will the HSV's be pushing out then? And whats Ford gunna bite back with?
Old 16-10-2005, 06:52 PM   #7
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

If they go to 300kw for the plain jane SS, that doesn't leave them much room for the HSV variant's, this kw power can not keep going on like it is, I am glad Ford/FPV did not increase their kw number's in an attampt to win bragging right's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #8
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
Read under 'Holden and HSV'...

Oh god i wonder what this will do to all those poor GTS owners that folked out 100k for there vechiles.Holden and HSV look after your customers first before trying to take up a Battle that can't be won. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #9
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Power doesnt impress me that much anymore, sure as long as its up there like FPV is basically at now thats good. What really impresses me is a cars handling. I think they should be pushing in the cornering, braking and comfort, probably in that order.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #10
gtfpv
GT

it is good to see . if a merc or bm can produce 383 kws in a lighter car and do 11,s down the 400m i cant see the problem with 300kw holdens and fords doing 12 - 13's.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #11
BuuBox

Quote:
Oh god i wonder what this will do to all those poor GTS owners that folked out 100k for there vechiles.Holden and HSV look after your customers first before trying to take up a Battle that can't be won.
Battle? Power battle? Think that's been run and won...
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #12
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuuBox
Battle? Power battle? Think that's been run and won...
Pfft our 6 cylinders are quicker than your HSV's. :thebirds:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 07:41 PM   #13
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Has Harold Scruby joined the forums or something? What's this whinging about MORE power? Bloody hell, what next - BRING BACK THE DETUNED 165kW Windsor?!??!?

Clearly the Lawn Bowls element has spoken in this thread, and really should just sod off back to the clubhouse for another tea and digestive biscuit.
Old 16-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #14
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Has Harold Scruby joined the forums or something? What's this whinging about MORE power? Bloody hell, what next - BRING BACK THE DETUNED 165kW Windsor?!??!?

Clearly the Lawn Bowls element has spoken in this thread, and really should just sod off back to the clubhouse for another tea and digestive biscuit.
To be fair, the contents of your signature seem to share my opinions on what should be more important.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #15
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

And if HSV does go past the 300kW figure.. just watch the negative media attention they'll get. None. Then watch how FPV release a 300kW car.. and the negative media attention it'll get. I have no doubt all hell would break loose.

Scruby Doo and his mates will be jumping up and down calling for the car to be banned on public roads. Just like they did when the 270kW Typhoon was released. Despite HSV having released a 300kW Senator well before the Typhoon.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #16
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
And if HSV does go past the 300kW figure.. just watch the negative media attention they'll get. None. Then watch how FPV release a 300kW car.. and the negative media attention it'll get. I have no doubt all hell would break loose.

Scruby Doo and his mates will be jumping up and down calling for the car to be banned on public roads. Just like they did when the 270kW Typhoon was released. Despite HSV having released a 300kW Senator well before the Typhoon.
i agree with youcompletely but have never known why . they seem to be biast towords ford . DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY???? :
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #17
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't be getting on my high horse about it just yet, I read the column as being speculation & not confirmed as fact. Waste of time really.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #18
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Oh god i wonder what this will do to all those poor GTS owners that folked out 100k for there vechiles.Holden and HSV look after your customers first before trying to take up a Battle that can't be won. :
Don't worry about the HSV owners... look at your car's depreciation fall. :
Old 16-10-2005, 09:54 PM   #19
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

By the way SSbaby, let me quote your post as of six days ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby on 10-10-05
The ratbag element is letting this forum down atm. I call it the bogan factor. There's plenty on both sides, it's just that the ugly posts are frequently posted, tallying up huge wasteful volume. It's a shame some moderators are actively encouraging poor form... but hey, like it or lump it seems to be the attitude. That's cool.

SSbaby signs out for a few months. Maybe order will be restored by then.
Couldn't stay away could ya? You called us ratbags, bogans and even had a go at the moderators. So why you here??

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #20
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does the VE have to comply with Euro III?

6L pushing out 300kw....it'll be interesting to see how they control tighter emission standards (if they need to comply)

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #21
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
i think its pretty silly to have a car like the SS (or even and XR8) come from the factory with 300kw. i mean where the f is it gonna end and how much more power will the hsv's or fpv's need to have. also how fast does a factory performance sedan need to go?

Wouldn't Holden and Ford start to reduce the capacity of the engines??
To get alot of power (for a stock production car) with a smaller engine capacity (like in europe) would help them with the price of fuel. They should be able to increase the fuel efficiency of the car.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:05 PM   #22
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
Couldn't stay away could ya? You called us ratbags, bogans and even had a go at the moderators. So why you here??
What's that got to do with the price of fish? I'm providing information that is informative, aren't I?

Might I explain that the comment above was in reference to people bombarding Greg Murphy's web site with abuse... I was merely calling for calm. I don't need to dignify your post with any explanation of my actions. People could visit the thread in 'The Pits' section, read my posts in their proper context... and judge for themselves. If they're closed minded... I can't help them.
Old 16-10-2005, 10:08 PM   #23
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I'm not sure that it's an ego problem... but the 'problem' for Holden is that the 6.0L LS2 is already in a mild state of tune... it could easily accept headers and decent exhaust and exceed 330kW.

That's why I believe the 5.3L will easily fulfill Holden's requirements but I think that by stocking common inventories for the LS2 (instead of two distinct engine lines), Holden and its dealers are able to reduce their costs.
With Euro 3 noise regs it's not that easy to just put a higher flowing exhaust anymore. I think the SS will be de tuned just like the VT was, with maybe 270 kw to start with, an then we'll see the usual Holden add 5 kw with every model b*ll that gets the bogans excited.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #24
BuuBox

Quote:
Pfft our 6 cylinders are quicker than your HSV's.
Certainty not my HSV's, that's for sure. Just saying that currently HSV's are king for both power, strait line speed, (and aparently mid corner speed...).
Quote:
Does the VE have to comply with Euro III?
If a car has to meet Euro III, often that's meant a slight power increase. Barra 182 to 190 anyone?. If you burn the fuel correctly, to meet emissions, you should also make power. Noise levels could be a different story... But I doubt that we'll see a power decrease from the current 297kw 6 litre LS2. Otherwise, what's the point of 6 litres?

SSbaby, you're an angry little man.
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:17 PM   #25
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

It's all going to end very soon....

Buy them now while they are what they are!
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:21 PM   #26
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle

what he said^^^^

seems you lot are hard to please!
or is it that you might just be tempted to buy one of these new SS dunnydoors??!! : :
Old 16-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #27
ozzyjim

I dont think it will happen, imagine the HSV owners screaming blue murder, not to mention VZ SSZ owners, but if it does and ford hasnt responded, ill be driving a VE SS thats for sure.
But like i said, it wont happen imo.

Cheers
Jim
Old 16-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #28
Haza
Got My Eyez On U

i dont understand why the media hasnt jumped on the bandwagon with the power wars debate. They sure as hell did when ford released the Boss290.
If the SS gets 300kw wots the Clubsport or higher model cars get.
Haza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:27 PM   #29
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes

but then again, 300kw is what a 6.0 should be punching out.

eh dont mind me im probably talking absolute nonsence... im all for tuning cars and stuff but i dunno if a $50k sedan needs that much power from the factory...
They need so much power to drag their lard ar$es around. Each new car seems to be heavier than the last model even though half of the car is made of plastic. The new cars aren't neccesarily any quicker than the previous model because of this weight, which is due to extras like a/c, p/s, power windows, Brembo brakes etc.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #30
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by 012

Quote:
What's that got to do with the price of fish? I'm providing information that is informative, aren't I?

Might I explain that the comment above was in reference to people bombarding Greg Murphy's web site with abuse... I was merely calling for calm. I don't need to dignify your post with any explanation of my actions. People could visit the thread in 'The Pits' section, read my posts in their proper context... and judge for themselves. If they're closed minded... I can't help them.
Words were had about the name calling etc over Mr Murphy so it would be well advised if you were both to behave in this thread.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post