Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default Who do you lease with, and why?

Hi All,

Looking to lease a new car through my business and there are just soooo many companies out there to consider leasing with!

For those of you who are currently leasing, just wondering who you went with and why?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin.

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
cycle myth

Probably the more important question is not who but what?

Lease (financial) vs lease (operating)?

Lease vs hire purchase?

Structured vs standard?

Terms, residuals, and your ownership intentions?

You might want to get some advice from your Accountant.
cycle myth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
dogwatch2

I have used leaseplan twice with work (I haven't got any choice); can't recommend them as they are as slow as . They take three to four weeks to get thru the process. Also I have sent them receipts (tyres etc) and they have lost them!, requiring me to scan the photocopies and email it to them. Also they were taken over a couple of years ago by some large international group and their performance has deteriorated a bit and charges have gone up. Also for a year I was running around without rego on my car, they sent me the rego label with a receipt number on it but it wasn't rego'd. I found this out when I bought the car out after lease and tried to renew the rego. They said they had paid it and blame the NSW RTA, but going off past experience with other problems between departments I would bet it was their fault. Thank goodness I didn't have a prang or get pulled over. So, that's my advice. PS. In march 2010 they went to SAP software and the problems have worsened. Good luck!
dogwatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

What about a chattel mortgage ?