Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
73MTU

Angry Taking matters further, Going to ACA

I have jsut spoken to FORD AUS. and have verutally gotten no where so i'm gonna email ACA. it would help a lot if all that has experienced this problem and is still experiencing it, would email them to. then something might get done, for all of us.

for those who dont know what problem i'm talking about go to http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=37189

cheers

73MTU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ring Ford CRC. Going To ACA is going to make things worse for you, Ford will laugh at you then warn you about legal remifications of you doing so...

You cannot bag a product unless you have given the manufacturer enough chance to fix it, and with Australias laws they have got a fair bit of time to fix it.

Ring CRC, tell them how you feel and that you want some answers, the big tuff ACA approach wont work, trust me.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Ring Ford CRC. Going To ACA is going to make things worse for you, Ford will laugh at you then warn you about legal remifications of you doing so...

You cannot bag a product unless you have given the manufacturer enough chance to fix it, and with Australias laws they have got a fair bit of time to fix it.

Ring CRC, tell them how you feel and that you want some answers, the big tuff ACA approach wont work, trust me.

This seems like good advise but whats CRC ph number
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
73MTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampy
This seems like good advise but whats CRC ph number
yeah as stampy said whats there number?
and what exactly is CRC??
Old 01-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

13 FORD

Customer Relations Centre

Ask for Frank, hes decent to deal with.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
73MTU

thats who i have been speakin to well not frank but sarah.
i told the chick that i will drop the car off at service and that i dont want it back till the problem fixed and that i want a car to drive around in
and she said that she will contact me once they have assessed the situation and whether the car is faulty then arrange another car for me. i asked how i woudl get to work then? and she said she doesnt know so i just hung up on her.

just things like that makes me angry, its rediculous the effort they are putting in to get this problem fixed...
Old 01-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Which dealer are you dealing with? I suggest you go to Q FORD springwood, advise them of the problem, book the car in to be looked at and ask for a Loan car.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #8
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

lol Ah, CRC. When i had problems with the BA, it was just like being in a game of tennis, dealer, crc, dealer, crc, dealer, crc. I was extremely patient with all concerned, and were the car's issues rectified in the end ? No, no they weren't. I tried all avenues of approach, in the end was told the car was, you guessed it, 'within tolerance'. If you want the story search other threads. Sold the 'within tolerance' car, now someone else is experiencing just how much tolerance is allowed.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I took CRC on for 8 months and ended up winning, at the end of the day you just have to be patient as theres alot of people and factors involved with getting a resolution.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Well I took CRC on for 8 months and ended up winning, at the end of the day you just have to be patient as theres alot of people and factors involved with getting a resolution.
Maybe in your case, but i have some pretty high contacts and i couldn't get squat, as they classed the car as being 'within tolerance'. As long as it is classed this way, they aren't 'required' to do anything. I'm not sure what your problems were but i doubt they were along the same lines as mine.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i had a motor replaced with a brand new one, so my issues werent small or cheap for them to resolve.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #12
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Well i had a motor replaced with a brand new one, so my issues werent small or cheap for them to resolve.
And i had several transmissions replaced, among other things. This issue was far from small also, but hey, it's within tolerance! (that's obviously why the transmissions were replaced) You may stick up for them as much as you like, it's not going to change any opinion i may have though.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #13
FocusLX06

How did you contact ACA?
Old 01-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #14
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EXPOSE THEM. They are playing a filthy game. The scumb@gs currently running the joint are giving the blue oval a very very bad name.

I am convinced FORD Australia did not set up CRC to help customers... it was set up to act as a barrier between the customer and themselves.

Good luck anyways.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #15
omg

While I've experienced the problem it's not exactly a major drama, just don't park on a steep hill when the tank is quite low. I'm a lot more annoyed about the existance of tabloid TV like ACA than I am about keeping an extra couple of litres in the tank.
omg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:48 AM   #16
MikGan

Well I agree will you guys, expose them! I have had to deal with many many large organisations on warrenty matters, and the only way you get anything is to make it a public matter.

I think the car not starting on a hill is a serious matter not something to be remedied by makeing sure theres a 'extra couple of liters in the tank' that solution is simply not a hole proof solution. In the event of it happening again im sure I could deal with it as I had in the past, rolling the car back and using the handbrake to slow the car, but if my wife was alone and it happened that would be a RACV call out on the cards. And 80K's left in the tank is right on the light comming on so not like it was running dry!
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 02:47 AM   #17
omg

I agree that it's poor design however the approach here is daft. Just what are people expecting the dealer to do? Re-engineer the pickup, manufacture the part and install it? It's not a warranty issue. it's a bad design which Ford should indeed rectify but the dealer isn't in a position do resolve it so berating some poor girl at a dealership is simply pointless brattish behaviour. People need to learn to resolve problems like adults
omg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 08:04 AM   #18
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg
I agree that it's poor design however the approach here is daft. Just what are people expecting the dealer to do? Re-engineer the pickup, manufacture the part and install it? It's not a warranty issue. it's a bad design which Ford should indeed rectify but the dealer isn't in a position do resolve it so berating some poor girl at a dealership is simply pointless brattish behaviour. People need to learn to resolve problems like adults
Do you work for Ford or something ?

Whatever issue, no matter how small or large, SHOULD be rectified, without the dealer saying 'it's up to Ford' then Ford saying 'it's up to the dealer' and giving everyone the run-around.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #19
73MTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg
i'm not expecting the dealer to do everyhting, they dont make the car, they are just a middle man, so i'm not getting angry at the dealer. my salesman is a nice guy and i'm not blaming him in any way. i'm blaming FORD.

it happened again this moring on flat ground with a fall tank of fuel, so to me the problem is getting worse.

i've dropped the car off this morning without gettin a replacment car of any sort and told them that i dont want the car back until the problem is found and fixed even if it is a design fault or what ever you want to call it. if it is a design fault, call all the stupid damn cars back and have them all fixed and running properly like any new noraml car should.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Good luck mate, i tried that too. Seriously hope it works for you though. That is a pretty ordinary circumstance.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #21
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Judging by the posts in your other thread I think you will have a battle on your hands. From what I gather of your attitude, 'combative' would be it. Demanding free 'stuff' as compensation isn't going to work, nor will hanging up on someone because they don't have an answer for you.
Being reasonable yet standing your ground will give you the best chance. If you still aren't getting anywhere, go to a solicitor... don't bother with the muck raking idiots like ACA. Trying your luck with vultures like that will just jack Ford off even more.
I have had to deal with Ford CRC over something they didn't want to deal wiht but after a 45 minute phone call we eventually came to a compromise... they would fix it for free I reckon if I had given them attitude I would till be on the phone.
Be firm, polite, reasonable and persistant otherwise you'll be pushing it uphill with a pointy stick.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #22
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

That's a fair point, however i used that approach for 6 months, and yes, things got done, but nothing which actually fixed the problem. Also it depends who you get on the other end, some people were FAR more useful than others at getting the ball rolling. It all comes down to timing and luck in the end. I dealt with so many different people and entities during the process, and as i said in the end it fell in a heap anyway. Good luck though.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #23
FocusLX06

73MTU - I don't think mine is as bad as yours. I can start it 99% of the time, it's just those couple of times it hasn't started, and it always has 2nd attempt, without moving the car.

omg - I have never been rude to a dealership, and I'm sure most people understand the way dealerships and Ford work. All I expect Ford to do is: Admit there is a minor problem, they don't have to do it publicly, and tell the dealerships what to replace to fix it. Ford is worried about this getting out, that's all. Denial won't work.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #24
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Judging by the posts in your other thread I think you will have a battle on your hands. From what I gather of your attitude, 'combative' would be it. Demanding free 'stuff' as compensation isn't going to work, nor will hanging up on someone because they don't have an answer for you.
Being reasonable yet standing your ground will give you the best chance. If you still aren't getting anywhere, go to a solicitor... don't bother with the muck raking idiots like ACA. Trying your luck with vultures like that will just jack Ford off even more.
I have had to deal with Ford CRC over something they didn't want to deal wiht but after a 45 minute phone call we eventually came to a compromise... they would fix it for free I reckon if I had given them attitude I would till be on the phone.
Be firm, polite, reasonable and persistant otherwise you'll be pushing it uphill with a pointy stick.
Could not have said it better myself Jeff.:voldar02:
Old 02-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #25
73MTU

well i have tried to be calm, and i have been most of the time. it's just that i dont see why this all should have happened in the first place. they faulted the car the first tiem i took it in so, as said earlier, why cant they just admit there is a problem and they cant fix it and replace the car with a new one. it's so frustrating. i'm only 20, living with my g/f earning not alot of money. i've thrown myself in the deep end by putting myself in debt and buying a NEW car thinking that i wont have any problems with it and its ended up giving me more trouble then my 83 model cordia. it doesnt make sense.

if i wanted to have a car that would be broken down every second week i would have kept wasting money on the cordia.

well at least they have given me another hire car for this time round, i just hope that it will get fixed this time.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #26
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73MTU
well i have tried to be calm, and i have been most of the time. it's just that i dont see why this all should have happened in the first place. they faulted the car the first tiem i took it in so, as said earlier, why cant they just admit there is a problem and they cant fix it and replace the car with a new one. it's so frustrating. i'm only 20, living with my g/f earning not alot of money. i've thrown myself in the deep end by putting myself in debt and buying a NEW car thinking that i wont have any problems with it and its ended up giving me more trouble then my 83 model cordia. it doesnt make sense.

if i wanted to have a car that would be broken down every second week i would have kept wasting money on the cordia.

well at least they have given me another hire car for this time round, i just hope that it will get fixed this time.
Completely understand where you're coming from mate, i was in a similar situation with the BA, i'm a bit older but in similar circumstance, and i sold my problematic EL in the same belief as you, that a new car would be reliable... HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA etc.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #27
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

poor build quality and dodgy service was the reason i got rid of the AU3 XR6 and refuse to buy another Ford. I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having and i really hope you get some satisfaction. a car failing to start is a poor design and should be rectified by Ford, at their own expense. it should be hassle free. admit they have made the mistake, fix it and give the customer no grief. it makes you wonder how much thought went into the design and how much testing was done on the car.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #28
FocusLX06

They must have sold thousdands of these in Europe, if this problem is accross the entire model, Ford would know about the problem.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #29
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

I dont know who has worked, or is currently working in retail, but i can tell you, it is VERY difficult. When i get an irrate customer coming in that is absolutely psyching it over something, it actually makes me go into a defensive mode rather than in a mode that will allow me to switch on and help a customer.

It is difficult coz they are caught in the middle of it all, and they dont always have the answers. Now claiming that it is a design fault is unjustified, as it would be happening on EVERY car, which it obviously isnt.

From experience, my first bit of advice is be part of resolving the problem rather than just dumping the car, saying theres a problem and telling them to fix it or replace it. Tell them where it happens, what happens and when it happens. This allows them to troubleshoot. If it doesnt resolve it first time, they try something else, coz most of the time, the know what could be the issue, but can be one of SEVERAL things, but will never know EXACTLY what the issue is. Theres no point replacing everything coz of my point below:

Making unreasonable demands doesnt help either. It just makes me wonder, why are people concerned about getting a 3 year warranty when they demand a new car when something goes wrong. Thats not part of the deal, a warranty is not a "new for old" or "replacement guarantee", its part of the deal which you agree to when you buy a new product. Some warranties offer replacement, some offer repair, it depends. For a small fault for example (not relating to your issue here) its a waste of resources to "throw out" an otherwise perfect car or part for the sake of a faulty fuel pump for example.

Im only 20 as well, and i dont work for Ford, but it too had a few issues with my LR Focus which got resolved. i had bubbling tint, a leaking power steering system, dirt in paint and and a vibration when accelerating.

1000km, DESCRIBED issues CLEARLY, my vibration was FIXED and paintwork repaired. Couldnt fault tint nor powersteering pump.

1st complementary service, power steering and tint. Couldnt fault.

2nd service, power steering and tint. Couldnt fault.

At this point i felt there was an issue that wasnt being dealt with properly. I felt i could be getting the play around coz of my age. Went to dealer principal with my concern, nice and CALM. Agreed to view powersteering and tint with me present. Plus offered my next service free of charge (bonus) for my troubles. End result, tint replaced, powersteering system rectified (and a free service).

There are right and wrong ways to deal with things. Im sorry but i do have to say that i feel you are dealing with it in an incorrect manner. There is a heirachy set up. Use it! If you dont like the response from one person, move to the next person up. Its what i did, and it got resolved without having to get too dirty. Allow the mechanics to do their job according to the warranty you purchased the car with, allow them to troubleshoot, be patient coz they more than likely havent got a clue and know as much as you do as to what the problem could be.

If your not happy with the result, keep cool calm n collected coz someone will be more willing to listen if you not going on like a raging animal.

I apologise for the very long post, but it does frustrate me that you too have an issue which you feel isnt being dealt with, but im just giving you advice from experience and what worked for me.

Tom

Last edited by chevaps; 03-03-2006 at 10:45 PM.
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #30
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Yes well that's a lovely story and all champ, but i'm afraid it doesn't work like that for all situations. As i've stated, i did exactly what you described, i was calm, i provided them with a typed up list of exactly what the problems were, how to trigger them, when they were worse, when they were better, how it was when it was cold, then hot etc. I also took 2 different techies for drives showing them the problem, and every single time i was told 'oh we did .... blah blah blah to it, seems fine now' then i'd get in and it would either be the same or worse. I was also patient with 13 FORD, and do you know what it got me after six months ? i'll list it for you, as plainly as i listed the problems to Ford. My patience and decorem got me:

*Several hours i had to make up at work (work in the city) for taking time off to drop off/pick up my lemon p.o.s. BA

* Litres and litres of fuel burnt away by grease monkeys and IT nerds trying to figure out what the problems was

*So frustrated during work hours after having calls from CRC or the dealership that it would put me in a bad frame of mind, therefore reflecting in my work and resulting in confrontations

*A free complimentary service at 3000, wow they gave me a filter and oil free, i feel so much better!

*Several different people from different departments telling me 'we'll get this fixed whatever it takes' - still waiting

*Receeding hair line

Listen carefully, i do not doubt that there are people out there who have benefitted from warranty service, and their problems have been fixed, and hey, that's fantastic, i'm very happy for you all, but one fact remains. It doesn't work for all people. In fact, it seems there are a LOT of people the warranty doesn't work properly for.

There is only so long you can bang your head against a brick wall before it cracks open, your brain falls on the floor then looks up at you and says 'sell the piece of ИИИИ'. And that's precisely what happened. (brain didn't fall out, but i sold the car)

How you go about getting your problems fixed is your perogative. I was calm, courteous and patient and it got me ИИИИ. When i raised my voice even a tiny amount because of my intense bemusement i would be told 'oh there's no need to get angry about it'. How does this make you feel ? FAN-FRIGGING-TASTIC MATE!!!

The service i received was absolutely undeniably USELESS. So as i said, i'm glad some of you get your problems fixed, but from most people i know, it seems the problems are 'patched' and re-emerge later, or told that the problems can't be 'replicated', 'bring it back if it does it again' etc. So, so pathetic.