Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Default Visiting Maranello.

Thought i'd let the forum members in on a little trip that i had to Italy in September.
As i know this is a FORD forum and not an Italian Supercar forum, lets just say it was research as a comparison against the Blue oval product, (or why did Ford want to buy Ferrari?).
Anyways the day after a visit to Monza and the Italian Grand Prix, the missus and i planned the trip from Milan to Maranello for a visit to see the Ferrari Galleria, Ferrari factory and lunch at Il Cavallino restaurant.
The day started at 7.35 at central station with our Frecciabianca ready for the trip.
Caught the train to Modena, where i had organised a chaffeured car form Blu Auto Sevice to pick us and take us to Maranello.
If you happen to make the trip this was the easiest way to get there as its about twenty minutes in the car with a taxi costing 25euros each way.
This was 80euro but the car was waiting for us at both ends at the times we specified.
Or the bus is an option too. GL.
Got dropped at the Ferrari galleria for two hours of Ferrari heaven.

Too many highlight cars to mention.
See pics.

Theyre's also a special dedicated to Formula 1 Ferrari's.

And Enzo's office as well.

Having booked tickets on the Ferrari site on the net, we took the option of a drive to the factory though the plant.

This was a week before deliveries of the FF were to start and a week after the F458 Spider was released.
Managed to see both cars in the plant but no cameras were allowed. They put Ferraris stickers over your phone cameras too.
Amazing to see the plant as this tour had only started running since July.
Next was to be a lap of the Fiorano test track but they were conducting F3 testing and we only got as far as the pits.
Got dropped back at the Galleria, and walked the 500m back to gates of the plant.

The Il Cavallino restaurant is directly across the road from the factory and was supposed to be Enzo's usual lunch spot.

Luckily we had a booking as the placed was packed with people who had been to F1's the day before.
Good food and a bit of motorsport memorabilia.

After luch was a visit to the Ferrari shop in Maranello.

You can also hire a car for a quarter hour for approx 120euro.

Unfortunately run out of time as the restaurant was busy and took two hours to serve us lunch.
Car was booked for a 4.00pm return to Modena and 4.40 for the train back to Milan.
Awesome day and recommend anyone who wants to visit that they make the trip.
Still they're not Fords though.