Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-11-2006, 01:59 AM   #1
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

Default pumabuild

Was having alook round the webby and well have a look at the engine part for the Mk6 hmmmmm would tha egine fit ???
260bhp would be sweeeet,there is some other good stuff there aswell.

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 02:00 AM   #2
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

pumabuild.co.uk

In development stage 2

Old 28-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
Haemophiliac

have you spoken to them about getting it their stage conversions done over here?

prices to send parts and any tips or what ever for who ever is going to perform the work. Cose no one buggers around with fiesta's here. I was considering this but thought it would cost too much and be too much effort
K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Haemophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

would be a nice motor , would be good to see a dyno graph of the engine

In development stage 2

Old 28-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #5
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

hey Heamo are you getting the Miltek 421???? from uk ??? what sorta piping u gunna use ???? as i got the same idea of maybe getting them depeding on how they go ??? are they lighter than stock ?? what they weigh ???

In development stage 2

Old 29-11-2006, 01:40 AM   #6
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Richie I had the miltek prices with shipping from the UK. It would be cheaper to have a custom set made up here another advantage is you can get them tuned to your car to get that extra bit of power.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Haemophiliac.. Take the exhaust manifold to a exhaust shop and get em to quote you on how much making replicas would cost.

Then sell em on here for a profit.

Would still be cheaper for members than getting them from the uk.

Create a thread to guage forum member business interest in the manifold.

Then create a buyer list, get members to specify if they want stainless or mild steel.

take a deposit from each member interested, you will most likely find that profits would cover the cost you encountered buying the manifold and cat in the first place.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
Haemophiliac

the prices that were quoted were around like $1000 and i rang the miltek supplier in australia and they said without a bulk buy it would be like 1100.

Screw that, I got it from pumaspeed $723 au. including shipping. i aint gonna pay possibly more for a custom job which isnt tried and tested....

I'll let everyone know how it goes when i get it, hopefully this week, and fitted next week
K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Old 29-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #9
Haemophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieMK6
hey Heamo are you getting the Miltek 421???? from uk ??? what sorta piping u gunna use ???? as i got the same idea of maybe getting them depeding on how they go ??? are they lighter than stock ?? what they weigh ???
I already have 2" catback, so I am just going to use that. the most expensive part is probably going to be the cat, as i've read that its built into the stock manifold and can't be reused... would prolly be a waste tho to have the manifold and then choke it with a stock cat.

Edit - grr where has my sig gone??
Old 29-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #10
photn
AFF Post NAZI

same as me mate it only shows up in the first post

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Haemophiliac.. Take the exhaust manifold to a exhaust shop and get em to quote you on how much making replicas would cost.

Then sell em on here for a profit.

Would still be cheaper for members than getting them from the uk.

Create a thread to guage forum member business interest in the manifold.

Then create a buyer list, get members to specify if they want stainless or mild steel.

take a deposit from each member interested, you will most likely find that profits would cover the cost you encountered buying the manifold and cat in the first place.

Group Purchase Policy.
In order to achieve the best possible result for all of Australian Ford Forums supporters (site sponsors and members alike) we will be using the following process to manage ‘Group purchases’
Step 1.
Any AFF member can post up an “Expression of interest” thread for a group purchase of any piece of equipment they like (to be place in the “Items Wanted” area). A poll should / will be added to the initial thread with a duration of 30 days. If the poll is successful (i.e. a sufficient number of people express interest) then we will move on to sourcing a supplier.
Step 2.
Tenders will be invited from site sponsors as well as proposed sources from members that have expressed an interest in the group purchase. ALL tenders should be forwarded to the AFF administration team and will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
Step 3.
The AFF administration team will have the final say in regards to the supplier of AFF approved group purchase deals.
Step 4.
Once approved a Group Purchase deal thread will be posted(in the General For Sale area) and the group purchase goes ahead.

We will still permit a certain amount of flexibility to 'group purchase schemes that are run on a 'club forum', or 'specialty forum' type deal. The above is initially intended to cover 'general AFF' group purchase offers. The above process will allow for increased site sponsor involvement (should they choose to do so), ensure that the actual group purchase participants are genuine (ie not some shonky wanting people to send money with no intention of ever sending a product) as well as allowing some control in regards to juggling the best possible outcome for all parties (AFF, AFF members, Site sponsors, suppliers of Ford Goodies)
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #12
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haemophiliac

Edit - grr where has my sig gone??
It only appears the first time you post in a particular thread.... like mine below.

Now you see it
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #13
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Now you don't!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Group Purchase Policy.
In order to achieve the best possible result for all of Australian Ford Forums supporters (site sponsors and members alike) we will be using the following process to manage ‘Group purchases’
Step 1.
Any AFF member can post up an “Expression of interest” thread for a group purchase of any piece of equipment they like (to be place in the “Items Wanted” area). A poll should / will be added to the initial thread with a duration of 30 days. If the poll is successful (i.e. a sufficient number of people express interest) then we will move on to sourcing a supplier.
Step 2.
Tenders will be invited from site sponsors as well as proposed sources from members that have expressed an interest in the group purchase. ALL tenders should be forwarded to the AFF administration team and will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
Step 3.
The AFF administration team will have the final say in regards to the supplier of AFF approved group purchase deals.
Step 4.
Once approved a Group Purchase deal thread will be posted(in the General For Sale area) and the group purchase goes ahead.

We will still permit a certain amount of flexibility to 'group purchase schemes that are run on a 'club forum', or 'specialty forum' type deal. The above is initially intended to cover 'general AFF' group purchase offers. The above process will allow for increased site sponsor involvement (should they choose to do so), ensure that the actual group purchase participants are genuine (ie not some shonky wanting people to send money with no intention of ever sending a product) as well as allowing some control in regards to juggling the best possible outcome for all parties (AFF, AFF members, Site sponsors, suppliers of Ford Goodies)
good policy Laminge...i dont doubt that it has been highly succesfull....i just hope that we do ahead with it.. I MAY be interested. will need to see prices first..

Old 30-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #15
Haemophiliac

i dont think it would even be worth it for the miltek 421. I mean when we last priced it it was still around $1000. Will be interested to see if you can find a cheaper way though
Old 02-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #16
photn
AFF Post NAZI

wow you got a reply back form PumaSpeed....ive sent like 3 emails.......and i still havent gotten a reply....

Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #17
Haemophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
wow you got a reply back form PumaSpeed....ive sent like 3 emails.......and i still havent gotten a reply....

yeah dont know why They've been fine with me, even offered advice as to what sort of setup i should use with the new cat.

originally i bugged them to find out if the 421 would fit our engine over here and they were helpful.

but $723 including postage isnt that bad...
Old 03-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

^^^^^^^ they wanted about 950 from me.

Good price. do it
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #19
Haemophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
^^^^^^^ they wanted about 950 from me.

Good price. do it

i just ordered through Pumaspeeds online shop. couldnt have been easier, now i am just getting sick of waiting for them to arrive :
Old 04-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #20
photn
AFF Post NAZI

be sure to get your car dynoed and maybee a quarter run b4 and after to tell if there is a decent power in crease

Old 05-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #21
Haemophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
be sure to get your car dynoed and maybee a quarter run b4 and after to tell if there is a decent power in crease
meh, how much will that set me back?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #22
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

sweet this should be good

In development stage 2

Old 06-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #23
photn
AFF Post NAZI

well WSID of a wednsday night is 45 to run your car as many times possible

a dyno should be like 50 bucks for i think 3-4 runs.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #24
Haemophiliac

WELL, got them fitted today and what a drama.

The wiring for the oxygen sensors is different between the two countries... maybe... any way I now have to wait till monday for an auto electrician to rewire the oxy sensors = more money.

Also they are really tight squeeze so atm there is a either a bit of rattle where they are touching the rest of the car or there is a bit of a leaking sound or somethign where the oxy sensors need to be properly wired and plugged in.

So this is turning out to be a little more difficult than i had planned, other than that i will let you all know how it goes.

Its difficult to say how it sounds at the moment with the rattling sound, and i cant really pass judgement on perfomance untill the fix the oxy sensors on monday... needless to say i am not driving it this weekend :