Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
briskey_b
Starter Motor

Default LV LX Audio upgrade

So after driving my 2011 LV since new I've finally gotten around to upgrading the audio in it. The LX comes with the Sony system which is one of the best stock systems I've heard, but I find myself wanting more. The old 30pin apple adapter in the glove box definitely dates the system too, even if it is only 5 years old. I haven't seen anyone do one for this model, so I figured I'd run a bit of a build log for anyone interested.

The tools and parts I have so far are;
  • Gregorys manual - 2004-2009 (unfortunately no specific 2011 since the UK went to the LW shape before we did)
  • a 12 piece car interior removal tool set from ebay
  • Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pack (10455) x2
  • Alpine CDE 187-BT Head unit
  • Alpine SPR 50-c 5.25" speakers with separate tweeter (used my other car, out and ready to go)
  • Alpine MRP M-500 Monoblock amp (used in other car, ready to go)
  • JBL 2226 15" sub (used the 12" variant in previous car)

Items on order
  • Alpine PDX f4 4x100W amp
  • single din facia kit (I'll post the part number later for reference)
  • wiring kit for amplifiers

Yet to be addressed
  • Sub enclosure

I am going to sound deaden as much of the interior as possible. The plan is to remove all seats, carpet, and panels up to the windows. I have 72 sq/ft of Dynamat Xtreme to play with, so that should provide a full coverage over most of the car. I will install the front speakers and run the wiring with the car still stripped so it only has to be done once.

I'll post photo updates and highlight anything that is especially difficult over the coming days. In the mean time, wish me luck!

Last edited by briskey_b; 11-01-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Fixed list tags
briskey_b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post