Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #181
bluovl

Default Re: Anyone see this on ACA?

[QUOTE=Bossxr8]If they regard the bonnet bracing as structural steel then technically as soon as you cut it it becomes unroadworthy. Technically the same thing applies to people who cut their parcel shelves to fit bigger speakers. But i'm not sure if it would be considered structural, maybe not?

That's it Bossxr8. If you cut structural steel 'they' consider it unroadroadworthy. Who, a just out of school engineer trying to save us all from ourselves. Believe me I'm not trying to start a #@*&fight but really as I've asked who's ever been injured by an cut bonnet or fiddled with parcel shelf. External gauges, scoops bigger than 100mm .Where are the documented facts. If it was as bad as they would have us believe all states laws would be the same without question. Victoria seems pretty good when it comes down to it. Why then does NSW now feel it needs to amend its law way past the level of Vics? Why in QLD is a bug catcher illegal because its 'reflective? Why cant a Corvette be registered LHD in SA because it has blue stripes and not plain white as it was from the factory?

Why aren't hundreds being injured and slaughtered in New Zealand where they seem to have less restrictions.

As I said I'm not trying to be agressive in my posts. I just question some times why we blindly follow what we've been told to abide to. And to the parties such as the ACMC and ASRF etc. who continue to negotiate with the authorities on the laws I am deeply appreciative.
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute

Last edited by bluovl; 30-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #182
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
'Engineered' or "Engineers report" are two words I have seen in this thread whare they have been used incorrectly.

You do realise that an engineered car can still get defected right?
Yep.

Alot of engine mods may be engineered, but without a emmisions test the report is worthless.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #183
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Yep.

Alot of engine mods may be engineered, but without a emmisions test the report is worthless.
Even with both of these, your car can still be defected.

Anyone with a modified car has already lost the legal battle, and will be shown on ACA/TT in a negative light and the general public out there will look at us as a menace on the roads and a creator of death.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #184
OBW351

Only just seen this now and i must admit I have driven my xy around with an air cleaner out the shaker hole much the same as the white XW.

If he had a reverse cowl scoop over it would that make it legal as rolling the ball up it wouldn't hit and parts?

the reason I am asking as I am fitting a 6" reverse cowl to mine and as far as i read the rules, Here in QLD i should be ok.

That guy with the XW was doing pretty good until he said about the burnouts, what a wally

351clevo no longer, in comes 428ci svo block with trickflow heads, hogans sheet manifold and 1050 carb, 760hp at flywheel, bring on big skids

FOR SALE:Moroso sump to suit SVO/Dart block pm for details

FOR SALE:Brand new Dart block 9.2 deck 4.125 boreSold
OBW351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #185
IEAT8S
Turbo Power

Do you need engineers reports if you are on club reg? (VIC)
IEAT8S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #186
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Anyone with a modified car has already lost the legal battle, and will be shown on ACA/TT in a negative light and the general public out there will look at us as a menace on the roads and a creator of death.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #187
prasac
Banned

funnily, the brother just got pulled over in his Capri on the weekend coming home from Harry's @ Liverpool. from what he said the cop was nice as pie, asked him if he had an engineer's report, soon as my brother presented it to him, he was told, nice car and to move on it's a very extensive report, i figure he didn't want to go thru it all.

in 22 years, he has only been pulled over maybe 10 times max, soon as he was asked if he had an engineer's report or showed them he had one, he was told to be on his way. only once was the car ever fully checked by Police and that was because the cop hated him, he hated him even more when he couldn't defect him for anything. unless it's a major sting like that, i think your pretty safe most of the time if u have your engineer's report available.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #188
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
Is the XForce Varex illegal? That WRX had a similar system fitted and he got defected for it.
I do believe they've made them illegal in NSW. it's stupid because they are starting to appear on performance sports cars from the factory. i think it's the corvette and nissan gt-r that have them.
Old 30-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #189
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Factory approved bimodels are normally legal as the owner can't open them as they feel like it, if it has been forced open or modified to open at a different point to where it should it would be illegal

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #190
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:

Its so easy for ACA/TT when you have poeople proclaiming that Cop cars are illegal and should be banned if a chrome aircleaner is banned etc...

If you didn't have idiots having a shinge on national TV, ACA/TT would have vary little info or story to talk about.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 30-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #191
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW351
Only just seen this now and i must admit I have driven my xy around with an air cleaner out the shaker hole much the same as the white XW.

If he had a reverse cowl scoop over it would that make it legal as rolling the ball up it wouldn't hit and parts?

the reason I am asking as I am fitting a 6" reverse cowl to mine and as far as i read the rules, Here in QLD i should be ok.

That guy with the XW was doing pretty good until he said about the burnouts, what a wally
A 6in tall scoop? probably no chance..... you would then have a scoop in the way of your vision.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/c7..._vehicles2.pdf

see page 9

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #192
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is interesting to note that noise requirements for cars pre 1980 used to be 98 decibels. It is now 96. Many older cars were built stock standard, over the current 96 decibel limit.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #193
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Living and driving in Sydney i have had my fair share of problems with defects. Full blue slip inspection, epa noise and emission test. I had a big scoop, loud pipes big fat convo pros and the thing stood out. Was a pain to get past and eventually got it back on the road.

I toned the car down a lot to something looking standard on the outside and the police dont look at me at all but i still feel like a sitting duck. I know its hard for us car guys to enjoy our hobby to the full extant but i think in these times of media every where turn it is very hard to have a stand out car.

I have advice for 2 kinds of groups building cars.

1. New car: Keep it clean and stock on the outside with a bit of work under the bonnet like a snorkel and a tune. Small power upgrade but easy to live with.

2. Old car: Original style paint work and look of the car with a mild engine. A healthy v8 with about 350 to 400 hp. You can run some smaller pipes so it is not very loud and go unnoticed but still enjoy a car that you have put a lot of time into.

The way things are now i would think air cleaners and big rims are what draws the attention for the wrong reason. If you choose to build a big engine/street car take it to power cruise and not on the street.
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #194
bad moon rising
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
Living and driving in Sydney i have had my fair share of problems with defects. Full blue slip inspection, epa noise and emission test. I had a big scoop, loud pipes big fat convo pros and the thing stood out. Was a pain to get past and eventually got it back on the road.

I toned the car down a lot to something looking standard on the outside and the police dont look at me at all but i still feel like a sitting duck. I know its hard for us car guys to enjoy our hobby to the full extant but i think in these times of media every where turn it is very hard to have a stand out car.

I have advice for 2 kinds of groups building cars.

1. New car: Keep it clean and stock on the outside with a bit of work under the bonnet like a snorkel and a tune. Small power upgrade but easy to live with.

2. Old car: Original style paint work and look of the car with a mild engine. A healthy v8 with about 350 to 400 hp. You can run some smaller pipes so it is not very loud and go unnoticed but still enjoy a car that you have put a lot of time into.

The way things are now i would think air cleaners and big rims are what draws the attention for the wrong reason. If you choose to build a big engine/street car take it to power cruise and not on the street.
i love street sleepers!
bad moon rising is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #195
LTDHO
The one and only

We shouldn't have to miss out on enjoying our hobby because of the way the media makes us look.

The road toll is higher now than what it was this time last year. How many deaths are caused by superchargers, fat tyres and too low?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #196
bluovl

Quote:
We shouldn't have to miss out on enjoying our hobby because of the way the media makes us look.

The road toll is higher now than what it was this time last year. How many deaths are caused by superchargers, fat tyres and too low?
Spot on. I've yet to see statistics to back up why these mods are so criminal.
I guess when it's continually forced on us many will just simply accept it must be bad.
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #197
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

They are like all laws, there to stop the idiots.

Doesn't work though...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #198
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have a problem with car enthusiats in your area give us a call !

I bet Shannons would`nt of been happy with that statement!

Shannons for all motoring hoons!

Is that what your trying to say ACA!
For a journo you should know to choose your words more carefully,
Because ,
a enthusiast is a person who is very interested in a activity or subject! I.E car enthusiats! so you don`t even need to own a car to be one! For a reporter Tracey Grimshaw, your just another bigmouth trying to get ratings!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #199
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

ACA just want the ratings guys, we you see the media using the term hoons looks bad when they just want the ratings to look good.

Cops are doing there job for the media to see, nothing worng with that if you think about it just doing there jobs for all to see on tv.

Enthusiats are a better than hoons but poor blokes who were fined in the ACA with there Fords really feel sorry for them as they are not the hoons to be targeted its the ones that you hear in industrials from meet to meet (that do burnouts and hoon the streets) they should be targeting not ones crusing the streets on a sunday arvo.

(Admin of ESPGhia.com)

http://espghia.com/forum.php
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post