Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-04-2023, 04:52 PM   #4951
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Customer service.....Dropped off some original decals I had made for a sign company to make. The original guy who made mine has now retired so I went seeking a new supplier for my equipment.

Last May (yes 2022) I had this conversation with this guy looking over the truck and promising me the world to make new ones.
So after several phone calls over several months communication stopped and i sort of couldn't be bothered chasing it up.

Until one day a client explained how faded my signage had gotten on one truck.
I thought bugger it I'll paint my own.
In the meantime I called into to see these jokers yesterday to get the originals back and now they have total memory loss, can't find them and pretend I was never there.

Upside to this story is I'm teaching myself signwriting trucks with the truck coming out better than expected.

before...

after...

Last edited by roKWiz; 12-04-2023 at 05:05 PM.
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2023, 05:00 PM   #4952
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Nice work by the slackers. They deserve a one star review from “Ken Bruce”.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2023, 05:04 PM   #4953
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Nice work by the slackers. They deserve a one star review from “Ken Bruce”.
I just want my originals back. btw got a beauty for your cut once measure twice thread.

Old 12-04-2023, 06:11 PM   #4954
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

multi talented buga arent you
Old 12-04-2023, 06:17 PM   #4955
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
multi talented buga arent you
Necessity is the Mother of invention.

This user likes this post:
Old 19-04-2023, 06:31 AM   #4956
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Had a total mental blank at the ATM, guessed my PIN wrong - it retained the card and returned cash I was trying to deposit. I’m reckoning that with all the recent data leaks and necessary re-issuing of things, this (forgetting details) is probably quite common. Still adds another mission to the day for retrieval.
5 users like this post:
Old 19-04-2023, 03:34 PM   #4957
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Have to credit the bank (one of the four pillars), they actually called me to advise; when I went in it was sorted in just a few minutes. Not your usual banking “experience”.
5 users like this post:
Old 19-04-2023, 09:02 PM   #4958
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Have to credit the bank (one of the four pillars), they actually called me to advise; when I went in it was sorted in just a few minutes. Not your usual banking “experience”.
Had my card swallowed once, all for my benefit; to stop would be thieves/scammers continuing use of it. Bit of bugger to have a brain fart in these situations.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2023, 10:21 AM   #4959
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Had a total mental blank at the ATM, guessed my PIN wrong - it retained the card and returned cash I was trying to deposit. I’m reckoning that with all the recent data leaks and necessary re-issuing of things, this (forgetting details) is probably quite common. Still adds another mission to the day for retrieval.
There's your problem, you were trying to put cash IN
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2023, 06:26 AM   #4960
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Received a text message yesterday with banking screenshot to show my $11K trades invoice for painting at the nominated address was paid, with apology for the delay in settling.

Sadly, not a job I did, or a number I recognised.

If payment does land in my account by mistake, it will be hilarious. Giving it back will be the “I hate that” part.
Old 21-04-2023, 10:37 PM   #4961
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went into a meeting on Thursday. For context this problem has been going around in circles for 2-3 years even though it is simple to solve.

So I went in strong saying I can code it to basically solve all the problems, I said I will do everything and this ******** says "we need to to the analysis"

There is no other ****en option, there is nothing to look into

And the same person has already said the same thing 3 times and never got back to me. The benefit this time is we had a third party involved.

**** me dead
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 01:21 AM   #4962
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People with no idea of measurements…….

We have to re-cover a couple of long benches at work.
They are 600mm wide x 3200mm long.
We ordered a sheet of rubber 1210mm wide x 3.5m.
Boss asked one of the guys to cut it in half so we’d have a sheet for each bench that would be close to size. He cut it straight down the middle.
Now we have 2 pcs that are 1210mm wide x 1750 long…..

I ordered a new bathroom mirror glass to replace the one that was “corroding” inwards from the edges. Called the glazier, and he asked the size. I told him it was 1200 x 900 to the edges of the frame, but the glass inside would be smaller. He tells me he knows what he’s doing. I asked if I should take the frame apart to accurately measure the glass itself. No, I’m an expert, I know these things inside out. Later that arvo the Ute turns up with a mirror on it - 1200 x 900. He’s looking at the frame, and wondering why it’s short…..
I told him the mirror that came out of it was 12mm smaller in each direction - so it should be 1188 x 888mm to fit. He gets a phone call and tells his offsider to cut 12mm off adjacent sides. I think to myself, this is gonna be risky, I’d like to see if he has the skill to nip off a slim strip without breaking the entire mirror. He does one side, and it’s perfect. He then moves to the opposite side. I point out that it needs to be the adjacent side. I get the “I know what I’m doing” crap again…..before he cut it, I said if it was 12mm off each opposite side, why wouldn’t you just cut 24mm off one side? It was a futile effort to make him see the error in his ways. He pushed ahead and took that other 12mm off….. and then his boss wondered why the frame was still too short……. They had the audacity to suggest I could cut the frame down by 12mm to make it fit the now undersized glass. No thanks, I don’t want a 12mm gap along the tiles because the offsider was that silly. They had to come back the following afternoon with the correct size mirror……
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 09:14 AM   #4963
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
People with no idea of measurements…….

We have to re-cover a couple of long benches at work.
They are 600mm wide x 3200mm long.
We ordered a sheet of rubber 1210mm wide x 3.5m.
Boss asked one of the guys to cut it in half so we’d have a sheet for each bench that would be close to size. He cut it straight down the middle.
Now we have 2 pcs that are 1210mm wide x 1750 long…..

I ordered a new bathroom mirror glass to replace the one that was “corroding” inwards from the edges. Called the glazier, and he asked the size. I told him it was 1200 x 900 to the edges of the frame, but the glass inside would be smaller. He tells me he knows what he’s doing. I asked if I should take the frame apart to accurately measure the glass itself. No, I’m an expert, I know these things inside out. Later that arvo the Ute turns up with a mirror on it - 1200 x 900. He’s looking at the frame, and wondering why it’s short…..
I told him the mirror that came out of it was 12mm smaller in each direction - so it should be 1188 x 888mm to fit. He gets a phone call and tells his offsider to cut 12mm off adjacent sides. I think to myself, this is gonna be risky, I’d like to see if he has the skill to nip off a slim strip without breaking the entire mirror. He does one side, and it’s perfect. He then moves to the opposite side. I point out that it needs to be the adjacent side. I get the “I know what I’m doing” crap again…..before he cut it, I said if it was 12mm off each opposite side, why wouldn’t you just cut 24mm off one side? It was a futile effort to make him see the error in his ways. He pushed ahead and took that other 12mm off….. and then his boss wondered why the frame was still too short……. They had the audacity to suggest I could cut the frame down by 12mm to make it fit the now undersized glass. No thanks, I don’t want a 12mm gap along the tiles because the offsider was that silly. They had to come back the following afternoon with the correct size mirror……
This needs to go into the re-cut six times measure 20 times thread........

so many pretend "tradesmen" around these days not knowing wtf they are doing.

The minute he said "I'm an expert" was when it was time to call someone else.

5 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 07:24 PM   #4964
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

The only way it could have been better, is if Rubbercutter and Mirexpert were related.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2023, 03:04 PM   #4965
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My cat has been enjoying the crunchy noises and human reactions when he leaps onto the aged polycarbonate awning. It now leaks like a sieve. Just when I’ve allocated time to repair, bought new sheeting - the rain returns.
Old 27-04-2023, 09:05 PM   #4966
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

The dic.head two doors down the road cracking a whip.

Seems to be a favorite pastime for him after a few refreshments. Moron.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2023, 09:23 PM   #4967
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The dic.head two doors down the road cracking a whip.

Seems to be a favorite pastime for him after a few refreshments. Moron.
Could be the wife
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2023, 09:26 PM   #4968
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Could be the wife
Ooooo no, she left a very long time ago.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2023, 08:43 AM   #4969
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Bummo, just remembered Winton Supertruck racing is on today but being too far away to go.

Old 07-05-2023, 12:19 PM   #4970
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pedestrian. Yesterday, Reynolds Rd, Templestowe, heading west; about 4:30 PM, gloomy conditions, it was either raining or had been; the road is two lanes each way with wide grass median strip down the middle; I should have had the demister on but he had crossed the grass strip and steps out onto the road; I was probably doing 60 in a 70 zone, saw him, slowed down, no problem but if there had been a car on my left and slightly further back and doing 70 the driver might not have seen him until ... He was in his 70's, dark clothing.

I had passed a cyclist a bit further back; he was in the bike lane but he was wearing dark clothing and was hardly visible in the gloom.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2023, 09:22 PM   #4971
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just noticed 4 dodgy purchase transactions on my account going back to March. So far taken me for about $120 and not even a regular amount

Sent a message to the bank to block it and hopefully get it back.

They have a legit ABN and ACN but can't find **** all about them on the net. Only link to me is I used to live in the suburb it's registered to but not in nearly 6 years.

The only place I would have spent money there was at the supermarket and it is long gone
Old 18-05-2023, 07:12 PM   #4972
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Getting sent a private message and being grilled over a supposed grammatical error in one of my posts, not on this forum by the way.

This from a person who comes from a country that cannot pronounce JAGUAR correctly. Or the country who gave the world the word "y'all". And from a person who made a post about people being "proud" of one's achievements as a "deadly sin".
Mustang GT

6 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2023, 07:24 PM   #4973
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Getting sent a private message and being grilled over a supposed grammatical error in one of my posts, not on this forum by the way.

This from a person who comes from a country that cannot pronounce JAGUAR correctly. Or the country who gave the world the word "y'all". And from a person who made a post about people being "proud" of one's achievements as a "deadly sin".
Internet loony with too much time and not enough brains
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2023, 07:49 PM   #4974
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Internet loony with too much time and not enough brains
Probably say the same about me reading and responding to it.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2023, 07:56 PM   #4975
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did they get the royal salute emijo
Old 18-05-2023, 08:03 PM   #4976
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
did they get the royal salute emijo
No, not worth it.

This person is likes to drop bombs and when called out on it, turns the blame back on you, even though he dropped said bomb in the first place. I could name a particular member here who likes to do that in two key threads, like clockwork.

Having said that, this person also likes to ask for advice. If he's so dam smart, then why is he asking me for help?
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2023, 08:17 PM   #4977
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I spend much less time reading **** online these days. World has gone bat**** crazy and can only take it in limited doses.

Oh and an update to my previous post. I traced the transactions back to Pizza Hut from my deleted emails which explains why I found **** all about the ABN/ACN online.

My confusion came from checking the wrong month on my calendar which had them on Wednesday rather than Saturday and no mention of pizza in the debit .

Rang the bank up on Sunday morning to tell them they don't need to take any further action. I looked a bit of an idiot. Don't drink bank
4 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2023, 09:29 PM   #4978
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I spend much less time reading **** online these days. World has gone bat**** crazy and can only take it in limited doses.

Oh and an update to my previous post. I traced the transactions back to Pizza Hut from my deleted emails which explains why I found **** all about the ABN/ACN online.

My confusion came from checking the wrong month on my calendar which had them on Wednesday rather than Saturday and no mention of pizza in the debit .

Rang the bank up on Sunday morning to tell them they don't need to take any further action. I looked a bit of an idiot. Don't drink bank
I try not to be combative online, unless provoked. I don't come here, or any forum, to pick on other people or start fires. I also stick with reading and interacting with stuff that interests me.

However, it can be hard to avoid reading crap when the person in question sends you two private messages on something that I wrote, something that was carefully researched and written. As others mentioned, this person clearly has a lot of time on his hands.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2023, 10:26 PM   #4979
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
…Oh and an update to my previous post. I traced the transactions back to Pizza Hut from my deleted emails which explains why I found **** all about the ABN/ACN online.
I bought $120 worth of stuff at a wreckers last week which was categorised as “food and drink” in the online banking. The bonnet hinges were delicious and that coolant reservoir neck really quenched my thirst.

As to online dunderheads, David Thorne used to clap back quite well: https://27bslash6.com/foggot.html
4 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2023, 09:12 PM   #4980
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I try not to be combative online, unless provoked. I don't come here, or any forum, to pick on other people or start fires. I also stick with reading and interacting with stuff that interests me.

However, it can be hard to avoid reading crap when the person in question sends you two private messages on something that I wrote, something that was carefully researched and written. As others mentioned, this person clearly has a lot of time on his hands.
People have different opinions, always have. The issue I have is that there is a lot of people who make absolutely no effort to be rational for their opinion

I just had another one at work the other day. All this hate about the big US utes.

His problem was that they didn't look when going through a crossing. I pointed out that has nothing to do with what they were driving.

The it was they are so massive. I pointed out they are not really that much bigger than other utes. I've seen them parked in the same spots.

The he goes on well they only have these things because they rip us all on tax to buy them.

I pointed out they were already here before they increased it and that most tradies pay at least as much if not a way more then any of these whingers about them including him and I.

Then I pointed out that in ACT particularly and then again with federal gov that they give massive breaks for EVs.

Oh that's for the greater good blah blah. It's not the average joe that benefits from either was the point

Unless you pay for what vehicle I drive, I don't give a **** what you think about it