Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #1
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

The SA govt crackdown on the vic border is pretty full on, ive spent the last 2 days in MT gambier, a good number of their workers live cross border. The police ARE calling employers in the town, asking 1- Does joe blogs work there? And 2- Is joe blogs rostered on today? After an early morning crossing.
I don’t see how western Victoria should pay for the sins of suburban Melbourne.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 03-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
The SA govt crackdown on the vic border is pretty full on, ive spent the last 2 days in MT gambier, a good number of their workers live cross border. The police ARE calling employers in the town, asking 1- Does joe blogs work there? And 2- Is joe blogs rostered on today? After an early morning crossing.
I don’t see how western Victoria should pay for the sins of suburban Melbourne.
Its ironic - 2 speed economy where Melbourne reaps the rewards when its Melbourne above all else but when its pandemic time regional VIC is lumped in with Melbourne and now can't open hospitality businesses or cross borders.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the news today, cases in Flemington, Kensington at higher rate this week, these are outside the lockdown areas. Also, kids passing to other kids at school, ditto between teachers, 27 schools got the cleaning so far.

The good news is this is teaching me what the Melbourne suburbs are. I formerly knew 'Werribee off ramp, ring road, and CBD.'

What's the odds they extend to more suburbs early next week?

For the love of all that's holy, please isolate the regions Vic ALP - like done very well by WA ALP.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
In the news today, cases in Flemington, Kensington at higher rate this week, these are outside the lockdown areas. Also, kids passing to other kids at school, ditto between teachers, 27 schools got the cleaning so far.

The good news is this is teaching me what the Melbourne suburbs are. I formerly knew 'Werribee off ramp, ring road, and CBD.'

What's the odds they extend to more suburbs early next week?

For the love of all that's holy, please isolate the regions Vic ALP - like done very well by WA ALP.
Kensington and Flemington

Interesting suburbs - parts of it are a huge ghetto with old houso apartments that look like they're workers accomodation from the USSR and the other side of the suburb Kensington is houses from the 1800s worth 7 figures.

There's a huge wealth disparity in Kensington across a few blocks.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #5
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Kensington and Flemington

Interesting suburbs - parts of it are a huge ghetto with old houso apartments that look like they're workers accomodation from the USSR and the other side of the suburb Kensington is houses from the 1800s worth 7 figures.

There's a huge wealth disparity in Kensington across a few blocks.
Thanks for the vignettes of these suburbs Franco. It sounds like what Mossie Park in Perth was in the 1990s - you had incredible mansions on the river and Peppermint Grove side to the east (beautiful!), then up against the highway/rail line/Curtin av you had these council style apartment blocks, Battle St was the highlight.

I was young and wanted to live cheap by the beach in a smaller block (beach is just over Curtin Av and railyards to the West) so there were car break-ins, coppers getting people out of the big apartments, coppers with loudspeakers, people screaming at night, drugs, weirdos. In the smaller block there were a total cast of characters as well, mostly good but certainly eccentric. Feel like a night out? Head up the Stirling Hwy to Claremont nightclub & pubs where the serial killer was in action...

It's probably all gentrified now?

Last edited by Sprintey; 04-07-2020 at 03:56 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Thanks for the vignettes of these suburbs Franco. It sounds like what Mossie Park in Perth was in the 1990s - you had incredible mansions on the river and Peppermint Grove side to the east (beautiful!), then up against the highway/rail line/Curtin av you had these council style apartment blocks, Battle St was the highlight.

I was young and wanted to live cheap by the beach in a smaller block (beach is just over Curtin Av and railyards to the West) so there were car break-ins, coppers getting people out of the big apartments, coppers with loudspeakers, people screaming at night, drugs, weirdos. In the smaller block there were a total cast of characters as well, mostly good but certainly eccentric. Feel like a night out? Head up the Stirling Hwy to Claremont nightclub & pubs where the serial killer was in action...

It's probably all gentrified now?
USSR Houso Towers in Kensington have been locked down, they are not allowed to leave their houses for 5 days.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronav...6d0bf76678977c

108 new cases in Victoria

Postcodes 3031 and 3051 now being locked down.

3145 public housing units, 3000 residents, 3031 Flemington/Kensington.

North Melbourne USSR Houso towers also locked down.

If anyone's interested you can see these towers when heading towards the city or the airport on the Tullamarine Freeway/Bolte Bridge.

They're freakin ugly as a hat full of assholes.

I'm interested to see how the wealthy react to being effected by this lockdown in 3031 Kensington/Flemington.

Put my resume in to do my bit participating in COVID19 orgies, play cards, take people on shopping trips and maybe some uber driving

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 04-07-2020 at 05:37 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #7
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
If anyone's interested you can see these towers when heading towards the city or the airport on the Tullamarine Freeway/Bolte Bridge.

They're freakin ugly as a hat full of assholes.

know them well...they were all my parents could afford at the time.

Used to be at least a couple of families that would throw themselves out the windows every year....they fixed it by bolting aluminium on the sides of the windows until some brainiac started stealing them for scrap metal.....

ahhhh....I miss my childhood, the sounds, the smells...
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread