Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
ridefox
nitro addict

Default calder 17/2/06

just a thread to see if anyone is off to calder tonight?
should be a nice night for racing

Old 17-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

i WAS going to go, but i cant now..... wish i could!!!
my mate is racing his car for the first time in ages, and he will be in the burnout comp.. its the early model blue black holden with flames on the front, keep an eye out.
Old 17-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
JG3282
Awake after dark

C Ya there young fella... make sure Dad coimes over for a quick hello, I gotta shoot by 7.00 sharp

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
Old 17-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #4
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
i WAS going to go, but i cant now..... wish i could!!!
my mate is racing his car for the first time in ages, and he will be in the burnout comp.. its the early model blue black holden with flames on the front, keep an eye out.
I wish they didn't have burnout comps at calder on friday nights. It cuts into the racing program too much.
Old 17-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #5
flukeyluke

A few of us from the Turbo forum are heading out next week
Old 17-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #6
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

I went past at bout 7:30, wanted to go. But was to buggered from work, just wanted to get home

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 18-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #7
rodderz

I believe the BF typhoons are getting quick

Apparently there was one out there tonight with only a filter ran 13.18@109

Very quick for virtually stock and huge mph for it's claimed power
Old 18-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #8
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Can't see it being stock cause with that mph would have to have at least 240rwkw
Old 18-02-2006, 01:48 AM   #9
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Rodderz you want to see quick, HPF are expecting a good showing next week I heard there Twin Turbo BA GT will make its debut at Calder....
might be a nice Quick FPV weekend coming up..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 18-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #10
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Can't see it being stock cause with that mph would have to have at least 240rwkw
thats what I thought, I would be surprised if the new BF Typhoons are actually at the rated kw power from the factory

Sure the 6 speed helps but 109mph shows it has a heap of grunt
Old 18-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #11
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
We have seen it many times, RWKW doesn't always equate to the ET....

Old 18-02-2006, 01:53 AM   #12
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Well mark as my car runs a consistant 108 l know my power and also we do know what these auto BF TYPHOONS do stock it just seems to me there is a little more than just a filter
Old 18-02-2006, 02:04 AM   #13
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

I know the owner of the car and it is stock.
Old 18-02-2006, 02:07 AM   #14
SpoolMan

He wouldn't be the 1st BF F6 that some thought wasn't stock....there will be others, as the weather gets cooler and they start rolling out of the show rooms and on to the track.

Old 18-02-2006, 02:46 AM   #15
Gunns
Banned

some more pics from tonights action.

Old 18-02-2006, 02:51 AM   #16
SpoolMan

Gunns thanks for the pictures, i was there watching from the infield....

Old 18-02-2006, 02:53 AM   #17
Gunns
Banned

I was the guy in the yellow vest running around with 2 cameras.
Old 18-02-2006, 02:58 AM   #18
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
I was the guy in the yellow vest running around with 2 cameras.
Busy night there were some quick passes, Steve Athens TT Camaro did a 7.7@182 mph was his best...

Old 18-02-2006, 09:01 AM   #19
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well mark as my car runs a consistant 108 l know my power and also we do know what these auto BF TYPHOONS do stock it just seems to me there is a little more than just a filter
One thing the F6 is lighter than us boss boys so they show similar mph with less power, weight always a big factor into mph. Seen this example over and over with the lighter LS1's. But yeh is a very very impressive time/mph for just filter change.
Old 18-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #20
JG3282
Awake after dark

What surprises me is that the yellow one went 13.1/109 with 233 kw yet the red one did 13.7/106.7 with 260 rwkw... Maybe its a case of what often happens in Professional classes where the guy with less power runs the bigger number due to not overpowering the track

A comparison... what did the Big Fella's rapid F6 run stock and I mean dead stock!?

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
Old 18-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #21
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
A comparison... what did the Big Fella's rapid F6 run stock and I mean dead stock!?
I think that one went 13.3 it carry's a bit more pudding than that other one...lol... : :

Old 18-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #22
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I think that one went 13.3 it carry's a bit more pudding than that other one...lol... : :
So thats my problem too much pudding
Old 18-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #23
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS
No Mate in your case its your wallet, its never empty....your like a mobile ATM.... :

Old 18-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #24
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
and not enough donuts !!

Well done .. these turbo F6 things are proving to be the bargain of the century

Last edited by SpoolMan; 19-02-2006 at 12:38 AM.
Old 19-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #25
rodderz

Quote:
I hope it wasnt sticky date...lol
Old 19-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #26
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
I think if u put an auto in your car it would be faster : and quicker too. :hihi:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 19-02-2006, 02:25 AM   #27
JG3282
Awake after dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
So what you are saying is that it is absolutely no point taking the car to a track where it doesn't stop spinning the tyres until 1000 ft... OR drop about 35 rw KW's from it and go quicker... Seriously how does a car run 105.9 mph on a 14.7????? And that was with it left in "D," it ran 13.7/106.7 in manual mode

According to the HP calculator located here it requires 389 hp (290 kw) at the wheels to run 106.7 and 414 (308 kw) to run 109 mph... So was it track, or air, or driver, or a combination of all three?

I've had a few PM's telling me the yellow one had a flash... I couldn't care less but I do have a question... Is there a way of detecting a flash tune in a car?

Old 19-02-2006, 02:39 AM   #28
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

Quote:
So what you are saying is that it is absolutely no point taking the car to a track where it doesn't stop spinning the tyres until 1000 ft... OR drop about 35 rw KW's from it and go quicker... Seriously how does a car run 105.9 mph on a 14.7????? And that was with it left in "D," it ran 13.7/106.7 in manual mode

According to the HP calculator located here it requires 389 hp (290 kw) at the wheels to run 106.7 and 414 (308 kw) to run 109 mph... So was it track, or air, or driver, or a combination of all three?

I've had a few PM's telling me the yellow one had a flash... I couldn't care less but I do have a question... Is there a way of detecting a flash tune in a car?

there would be alot of black fuel smoke coming out of a stock ford tuned car? a aftermarket tuned car will be closer to spot on 12.5:1 rather than fords 10:1 usual a/f ratio.
Old 19-02-2006, 02:56 AM   #29
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
Didn't you run the typhoon stock before the mods? Maybe you should put it back to stock and you will find it wasn't a fluke or a flash :ticking:
Old 19-02-2006, 07:04 AM   #30
SpoolMan

Quote:

you have another PM now.... :
detect a flash tune who knows Capa line is no way, but your asking the wrong guy, talk to Chris...
I will see you at AFD in a few hours we can have chat and i will bring some fruit for you..lol..:

Last edited by SpoolMan; 19-02-2006 at 07:22 AM.
Closed Thread