Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-04-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
king_pin

Default Ford Racing Wheels - a question for you Matt

Matt, seeing that you work for Ford you should be able to answer this question.

Can we easily get a Ford Racing parts ordered here in Australia?

In particular the following wheels:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=5787

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=6445

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=7004
king_pin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

In a word - NO

In 3 Words - Not a chance.

Unfortunately Ford US is a different division and we're not linked like that. You'd have to import them yourself. I'd sign up for a set of those grey SVT rims ANYDAY!!
Old 17-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #3
king_pin

In two words - That sucks :(

The price of the rims is not that bad. I am guessing though that shipping costs will be the deal breaker.
Old 17-04-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Damn, that does suck... i wouldnt mind a pair of the last white focus rally wheels....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
vista75

One of my mates here in Vic has just ordered a set of Focus ST170 wheels from the US through a mob in Queensland, possibly Southside Ford. The price was very competitive i think around AU$400 a wheel delivered, no tyres.
Might be worth checking out as they can also do a few other Ford Racing parts.

GT
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #6
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Dont know why everyone wants ST170 rims, they are an absolute bitch to keep clean !

I want something different for mine

Chris
Old 18-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

i thought it was a bitch to keep clean because of the brake dust accumulation?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
i thought it was a bitch to keep clean because of the brake dust accumulation?
It is, so imagine having to clean inbetween that many spokes and you'll see why they would be a right royal P.I.T.A to clean.
Old 18-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Unless you get the Titanium grey ones.... problem almost solved!!!
Old 19-04-2005, 01:59 AM   #10
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yes they suck majorly to keep clean brake dust, road grime, road kill etc etc its evil !

Give me a nice set of RS 5 spokes anyday

Chris
Old 19-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #11
vista75

I got in touch with that mate who has just ordered his ST170 Ford racing wheels. (Yes they are a bitch to clean)

He has ordered them in dark argent at AU$260 a wheel inc. GST, from Raceparts, Stapylton QLD. Ph. 07 3807 6870.
They can get any Ford Racing parts at unbeatable prices. He also looked at the Focus RS rims but wasn't sure on guard clearance on the Mondeo so opted for the ST wheels instead.

Cheers, GT
Old 19-04-2005, 08:50 PM   #12
lincoln
Blinded

Chris, I used to think too. I was cleaning them with normal car wash. I've since used some Eagle one wheel cleaner (orange bottle) and it works a treat. Spray on and agitate with a wheel brush, then spray off. Simple. I give it another wash after that with soapy water and then dry with a terry towel. They're really not that hard when you do it like that.

I'm yet to use the spray waxes you can buy now to add to the protection on the rim.
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 03:59 PM   #13
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

ahh now that is a good idea, might have to give that a shot then

Thanks for that tip Lincoln

Chris
Old 20-04-2005, 05:51 PM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I also use an industrial wheel and tyre cleaner made by a company called jaysol, they sell you a big drum for $140 and it lastst literally YEARS, because you dilute it 1/20 with water. Works like magic and all you need is a wheel brush.
Old 20-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #15
OZST24

Im sure most on here have already checked out http://www.batinc.net/main.htm but if not i suggest you do as they stock all sorts of parts for Euro Fords.

Not sure if they send stuff over to Aus tho.
OZST24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #16
professorsabre
NECO

Yeah they'll send stuff to OZ, I've used them be to order a few things. Great people to deal with. Too bad we don't have anything this in OZ.

Cheers
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #17
lincoln
Blinded

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I also use an industrial wheel and tyre cleaner made by a company called jaysol, they sell you a big drum for $140 and it lastst literally YEARS, because you dilute it 1/20 with water. Works like magic and all you need is a wheel brush.
I'd be scared by anything with the word "industrial" when referring my car! It's not an industrial car, the alloys are quite soft with a fairly delicate clear coat on it. It's not a truck in a mine, it's a car with consumer alloy wheels...

But I guess you'd notice if you were stripping your clear coat, I'd just be careful...

Chris, btw, the reason why i still wash it with soap water is to neutralise the caustic wheel wash, even though I've thoroughly rinsed it, it's best to be sure. I also use an old microfibre towel which is much nicer to use than a terry towel and is easier to wrap around your hand in get into the spokes.

Every 6-12 months it'd be a good idea to remove the whole wheel and clean it, too.
Old 21-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

Jaysol make all the cleaning products for Coles, so if its good enough to be around Food im sure its good enough to do your wheels with.

I think the therm 'industrial' refers more to the fact that you buy it in quantities of 10/20L, as industry customers would.

If anything would take the clear coat off it'd be the brush - be pretty picky in what one you use.
Old 21-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #19
king_pin

Does Raceparts have a website? Or even an email address?

I would prefer a Victorian place where I can actually go and get the wheels fitted. Just in case I were to buy a set from overseas/interstate and find there are rubbing issues due to the lowering.

And yeah, the brake dust is a bitch, even on the stock Zetec rims. But that is what a brush and high pressure hose is for. Sometimes it feels like it takes longer to wash the wheels than the actual car. But maybe that is because it is a hard workout on your quadraceps.
Old 21-04-2005, 11:59 PM   #20
lincoln
Blinded

I've seen high pressure hoses (yes home ones) tear off clear coats... so don't be TOO liberal with it ;)

I'd be ensuring that any product you use is clear coat safe, some wheels have thicker clear coats than others. Something to be aware of, is all. If you think industrial means you can buy in bulk, then I could show you where you can buy car specific products in bulk... doesn't make it industrial, but think what you will.

And the brushing is a mild agitation and a specific soft bristly brush design for car wheels. Yes, some brushes with hard bristles could cause my damage than good. But I didn't say scrub...

Last edited by lincoln; 22-04-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 22-04-2005, 12:11 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
If you think industrial means you can buy in bulk, then I could show you where you can buy car specific products in bulk... doesn't make it industrial, but think what you will.
I know industrial stuff is stronger than your average household stuff, but realistically i really dont think the Jaysol stuff in question would do any harm to the wheels.

If all else fails you could always get the clear coat reapplied, ive seen a car round here that has a double coat of it on its rims and it looks ok, but not something id do - too shiny.
Old 22-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #22
vista75

Email address for Raceparts in QLD.

info@racepartsaustralia.com.au

Website

http://www.racepartsaustralia.com.au/index.htm

Cheers, GT
Old 23-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #23
zetec
Zoom Zoom

JAysol is used by Carlovers when you roll up and apply the tyre/rim cleaner with a brush before cleaning the car and it works like magic, that's where I got the idea to purchase some. It's definitely good stuff but in dilute form too so have no dramas with long term rim damage, have been using it for years through the local Carlovers before buying my own and the rims are still good as new.
Old 23-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #24
lincoln
Blinded

My point was re: the term industrial, not the Jaysol product.
Old 23-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #25
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get some EBC Greenstuff brake pads if you get sick of cleaning your wheels. Got them on the front of my ST24 and the wheels hardly get any brake dust on them. They work a lot better than the standard pads too.