Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #31
b2tf
not here much anymore

Tim,

yeah i knew it had the cutout for it, just couldnt see it on the pic. Must be a bit decieving i guess!

I meant to ask about the scuff plates too, figure i may as well wahck on as many GFA as possible!
Old 08-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #32
brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
And I think people are very much under-estimating the cost of getting them sprayed, think more around 500-700 painted and fitted - I had mine done while the paint was already mixed up for the rear bar repair, and it cost me 800 all up, the rear bar repair was about 250 by itself. And getting the kit sprayed and fitted was cheaper as the paint was already being mixed up and the car pulled apart.

Not trying to discourage anyone, just don't want to see alot of people suprised painting will cost them twice as much as some of the figures going around in this thread.

Tim
I second that. My front bar cost around $180 to spray alone. Fitted it myself to save some $$$ It was really quite simple. The only tool you need is a drill and a marker pen to mark the holes, plus some time. Hardest bit was probably getting the front teflon strip off.
brother is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #33
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Yep. The prices are ALOT more than Matt said. The cheapest i got was $750 painted and fitted by a very reputable panel beater near my house. I got some ridiculous price though. $750 for painting alone. Another quoted $1450 for painting and fitting. A proper body kit place quoted $1300 for painting and fitting. Might be heading down to Ginos to get my $750 jobbie done very soon.

Tom
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 02:49 PM   #34
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Crikey, mine was $800 for the rear bar repair, bodykit sprayed, and fitted - including fibreglassing of the front bar onto the factory front bar.

$1300! LOL! :

Some people are out to take advantage of people, good greif. :

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #35
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps
Yep. The prices are ALOT more than Matt said. The cheapest i got was $750 painted and fitted by a very reputable panel beater near my house. I got some ridiculous price though. $750 for painting alone. Another quoted $1450 for painting and fitting. A proper body kit place quoted $1300 for painting and fitting. Might be heading down to Ginos to get my $750 jobbie done very soon.

Tom
geez, extortion city some of those prices....
Old 08-04-2005, 03:15 PM   #36
brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps

Tom
Matt only ever mentioned parts. Ford never paint it so those prices could never have included it (they are primed). My local dealer told me to go next door and get it done.

Like I said before, fit it yourself if you want to keep costs down. If you can use a drill, you have all the fitting skills needed.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #37
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
Like I said before, fit it yourself if you want to keep costs down. If you can use a drill, you have all the fitting skills needed.
Famous last words - hahaha. J/k ;)

Tim
Old 08-04-2005, 03:35 PM   #38
brother

Haha, it is easier said than done. There is a risk involved. You have no one to yell at if it gets stuffed up unlike getting it done at a bodyshop, but just double check everything you plan on doing and always think before you do it (That should apply to everything in life!).
Old 08-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #39
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Clearance above the doors at the front and I imagine fog light at the rear?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #40
brother

^^^^^^

What do you mean?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:31 AM   #41
lincoln
Blinded

Can I ask what you're drilling into? The body kit just fits over the OEM parts, don't they?
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:46 AM   #42
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
^^^^^^

What do you mean?
Was aimed at Lincoln. I knew he was having issues with the bottom of his doors touching the bodykit side skirts and rubbing off paint...

Drilling however, the front spoiler is screwed on, the side and rerar are glued. If the fron wasn't drilled on, it'g get ripped off over the first driveway. I mounts underneath and not over the fron of the std bumper, so it literally "hangs" on when screwed on.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #43
lincoln
Blinded

I'm just wondering if I can just remove the body kit all together...

and the side skirts aren't the only issue, Matt.

Last edited by lincoln; 10-04-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #44
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

The bodykit would leave nice rub marks where the side skirts and rear valance attach to the car that would be visible, once you got all the glue and tape off.

Plus you'd have a very high looking front bar with no teflon strip there, which looks very ordinary, as I know, before my custom kit went on, when I had it off to test fit the bar.

Unless it was all being replaced with something else, I would say it's going to look very ordinary and leave damage that shows, from what I could see when I was installing mine.

Tim
Old 10-04-2005, 04:34 PM   #45
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
I'm just wondering if I can just remove the body kit all together...

and the side skirts aren't the only issue, Matt.
That's all that I was aware of, what's the other problem(s)? The seat still broken?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #46
lincoln
Blinded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
The bodykit would leave nice rub marks where the side skirts and rear valance attach to the car that would be visible, once you got all the glue and tape off.

Plus you'd have a very high looking front bar with no teflon strip there, which looks very ordinary, as I know, before my custom kit went on, when I had it off to test fit the bar.

Unless it was all being replaced with something else, I would say it's going to look very ordinary and leave damage that shows, from what I could see when I was installing mine.

Tim
I aws thinking the front bar just covered the OEM black bar... but it sounds like you remove it, so there goes that idea. I'm just tired of scrapping it, I really prefer it if Ford Australia never fitted it, to be honest.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:06 AM   #47
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Try the Infocus Motorsport front bar which is an extra 30-40mm lower, comparing it to our Capri Blue Focus with the Ford bodykit on it, and then have the car lowered - that's real scrapage problems!

Does suck a bit, but the price you pay to look good...

Tim
Old 26-04-2005, 01:58 AM   #48
frostST170

Can any one of the person in this forum assist me. I would like to purchase a kit for the three door focus, as we do not get this kit here in africa. If anyone can help me with this I would appriciate it greatly. Thanx

FrostST170
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #49
frostST170

Unhappy In Africa, need bodykit

Can any one assist me inaquiring a body kit for a 3 door focus, difficult getting them in southern africa.

Contact me via my email please
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #50
b2tf
not here much anymore

Hi Frost,

well im sure the availability is no problem, if anything the trouble is going to be to get the parts to you. Id suggest contacting an importer or better still a Ford dealer over there (surely there is one seeing as theyre exporting Fords to Africa) and see how yuo go through there. Id be happy to help you out but the logistics would be a nightmare.
Old 27-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #51
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

I wouldnt buy the factory kit, mine is dying its cracking all over the place... where theres a screw theres a crack.
Personaly I think the factory kit is cheap crap!
XP6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post