Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default DIRT CHEAP Genuine Ford Bodykits FROM Ford!!!!

Hi Team,

Just letting you all know that Ford has just announced a massive discount on all surplus stock bodykits, as a sweetener to help clear old stock in preparation for the new model Focus!!! The following prices are correct and NOT a joke... all bodykit prices are unpainted and all parts are quoted unfiitted/without labour. I for one will be making my sweet way down to my local Ford dealer armed with my employee card to score me a cheap bodykit for the Zetec, then I'll get it sprayed a little later when I can afford it, but I'll definitely be up for one!!! These prices are for the public, it's just that I get a little bit more arm twisting with an employee card ing_sm

Part Number

LR 10975 AA - Cruise Control (non-leather wheel) - RRP $600 - new RRP $490

LR 10975 BA - Cruise Control (leather wheel) - RRP $675 - new RRP $525
LR 10K197 AA - 5 Door Body Styling Kit - RRP $1,305 - new RRP - $700!!!!!

LR 10K197 BA - 3 Door Body Styling Kit - RRP $1,560 - new RRP $700

An absolute steal for a new bodykit, remembering they are the RECOMMENDED Retail price ;) GO SHOPPING!!!!!!!

That 3 door kit is a steal! Just remember all prices are for unpainted, unfitted body kits or wheels so labour is extra, as is paintinge. All body kits come with fitting instructions, screws and gear needed for attachment (and glue also I believe) and are high quality ABS injection moulded plastic, NOT fibreglass. ONLY the genuine thing from Ford!!!

So for anyone who's been waiting for that bodykit, now's the time!! And NO this is not a sponsored plug by a Ford employee, it's a plug by a Focus enthusiast who's about to blow some pay packet on a kit himself!!!!! What a steal!!!!!!

I dare say there will also be numerous rear reverser lenses floating around, I'll have a spare one when I buy my kit because I already have 2. Anyone want it?
Old 05-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

I'll definately take you up on the reverse light lens if thats ok. Happy to pay for it etc etc.

Thats really good news for me - only yesterday i was choking on the price of the leather wheel with cruise. Time to go back and extend the order methinks.
The bodykit is one piece of gear i definately want to get, so thanks Ford, you just made it a whole lot easier!
Old 05-04-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

damn thats cheap as...you could almost buy them, hang on to them for a while and make a profit...lol

Your crazy not to get this if you have the cash!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

If you get the bodykit, then you'll get a reverser with it!! I'm condisering maybe just taking the front bar and potentially buying a kit to split up here on the forums. If I purchase a 5 door kit, it anyone up for the side skirts (fit 5-door model only) and rear skirt and reverse light if I take the front spoiler only?

Brother took a similar route ages ago when I decided not to keep my front spoiler, but I won't let this one pass again! I'll pay for the front and sell the rest for what it costs me. I can deliver to Melbourne or potentially bring up to Sydney in 2 weeks (ANZAC weekend) Let's just say I'll arrange pricing via PM and payment etc... easiest way. But let me know here if you're keen on splitting a kit (for example if you want to get a different front spoiler).
Old 05-04-2005, 02:49 PM   #5
brother

You know you want it Matt. The front skirt looks great. Just be careful in driveways. I can just make it but you are 5mm lower than me.

I would love just side skirts (3 door) and the rear bar. Can they sell them separately with the same percentage discount? BTW, why is there a difference between 3 and 5 door skirts? They are the same length aren't they...
brother is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Zetec if you are interested in buying the kit and splitting it, i would look at purchasing the rest from you. I have a 5 door (well not yet but its coming) so it'd be no worries to get it fitted later on.
Im about halfway between Sydney and Melbourne so im sure we could work something out in regards to delivery etc.
I'll either do that with you, or get spares here to order the kit in and just pay it off - few other things to buy first.

Even if you dont buy the kit, id still like to get the rear reverse light for you if possible.

Last edited by b2tf; 05-04-2005 at 05:26 PM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
lincoln
Blinded

Is this the same kit that is fitted to the ST170?
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Just went to my dealer (Titan Ford) and picked up a 5 dr kit at an even lower price than stated here. $400 to be exact, for a full fricken kit (- spoiler)!! BARGAIN!! Now to get it fitted. Im waiting for a body kit man to ring me about a spoiler i want. Been waiting for 3 months now, rung him several times and he keeps sayin its on its way.... Id go somewhere else, but hes the only guy who has tabs on this spoiler no one else even knows about it. Loosing patience :

Tom
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #9
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whewre is Titan Ford. Do you have a number. For $400, I'll happily shell out now for a full body kit. What parts are included?

Cheers

Dwayne
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 08:35 PM   #10
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Perth WA. Everything but the spoiler is included. Even glue and screws.

Tom
Old 05-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

brother - 3 door and 5 door have slightly different clearances to make way for the doors I believe. They ARE different. I'm VERY interested in at least the front spoiler but am not so sure about the whole bodykit with the standard 16's, they look too small with the kit fitted. I'm thinking I might hold off and spend my cash on painting my mouldings and a rear spoiler instead. An RS rear spoiler. Can you email me more shots of your car brother so I can see what it looks like from side on with the front spoiler, close up AND from a distance? That would really be great Considering you've got a clone of my car pretty much!! Such great taste...

Lincoln, yes it's the ST170 bodykit, otherwise only factory optional on Zetec or available from spare parts on all other models except for sedan.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

$400 for the full kit?! Thats even better. Dwayne, i'm going to go on the hunt for one of these at a good price, so i'll keep you informed.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
$400 for the full kit?! Thats even better. Dwayne, i'm going to go on the hunt for one of these at a good price, so i'll keep you informed.
Please do. I'm keen to buy at this price. 5 door Focus I have. Even if the kit sits in the cubboard unpainted for a while, who cares cause @ $400, its hard to go past. Especially genuine.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #14
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps
Perth WA. Everything but the spoiler is included. Even glue and screws.

Tom
Thanks Tom. I'll call them tommorrow
Old 05-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #15
Mick K.

Very good news there - I wonder if they'll still be around when my 45K service comes up in 3K (about 8 or 9 weeks for me)??

Do Ford dealers have a system that says which dealers have which parts in stock?

I heard that cruise control fitting is charged as 8 hrs labour - ouch!

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Bodykits can be in stock now, they can sell current/old stock or order it in new for the same ridiculous low price, no matter what they tell you. $400 can be done anywhere too. If one dealer can do it, any Dealer can. Nationwide. They might not just be that willing that's all ;)
Old 05-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #17
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I say we all snap one up each... before they run out, although it'll probably take a couple of months is a rough guess

Last edited by zetec; 06-04-2005 at 01:31 AM.
zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2005, 12:08 AM   #18
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Bodykits can be in stock now, they can sell current/old stock or order it in new for the same ridiculous low price, no matter what they tell you. $400 can be done anywhere too. If one dealer can do it, any Dealer can. Nationwide. They might not just be that willing that's all ;)
My spare parts guy didnt even put up a struggle. Came up with a price and i just asked "How Much??" i was shocked at the fact it was cheaper than matt posted and the guy probably thought i was shocked coz it was a lil too much and straight out offered $400. LOL. My dealer is great! im currently working on a deal for ST170 rims as well and let me tell you its a VERY good price from what other people say they're worth.

Tom
Old 06-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #19
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Just out of curiosity, how much would i be looking at for painting of the front rear and side skirts in diamond white??

Tom
Old 06-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #20
zetec
Zoom Zoom

guessing 2-300 bucks
Old 06-04-2005, 09:55 AM   #21
lincoln
Blinded

Any idea how much the front and rear bar is only?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #22
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It's a whole part, comes as a complete kit, so a Dealer would have to split a single part... they could potentially do that and offer you a cheaper price, but for the money it's worth buying it and maybe selling the other bits here to someone. Like Tim who had a different front spoiler, the side skirts still go well with other fronts.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:24 PM   #23
Mick K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Just remember all prices are for unpainted, unfitted body kits or wheels so labour is extra, as is paintinge.
What is the unpainted colour?

MK
Old 06-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #24
zetec
Zoom Zoom

DON'T even think about it!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #25
Mick K.

Haha - I was hoping for black!

I might try for a deal on the bodykit, cruise and maybe those metal door sill things. How much stuff do you think I can get for a $1K package deal including my 45km service?

MK
Old 07-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

Interesting, looks like the rear skirt doesnt have the cutout for the RHS reverse/foglight?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #27
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick K.
Haha - I was hoping for black!

I might try for a deal on the bodykit, cruise and maybe those metal door sill things. How much stuff do you think I can get for a $1K package deal including my 45km service?

MK
Hey Matt,

Is it just the skirt kits and cruise that Ford is getting rid of cheap or is it other things such as the scuff plates, gear knobs etc?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:20 PM   #28
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Interesting, looks like the rear skirt doesnt have the cutout for the RHS reverse/foglight?
It does, I can assure you - those very pieces in that photo went on my car (except the standard front bar). You can see it in this photo of the car:

And I think people are very much under-estimating the cost of getting them sprayed, think more around 500-700 painted and fitted - I had mine done while the paint was already mixed up for the rear bar repair, and it cost me 800 all up, the rear bar repair was about 250 by itself. And getting the kit sprayed and fitted was cheaper as the paint was already being mixed up and the car pulled apart.

Not trying to discourage anyone, just don't want to see alot of people suprised painting will cost them twice as much as some of the figures going around in this thread.

Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 07-04-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #29
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It's officially only cruise control and bodykits going cheap, but you'd easily get that for $1000 if that $400 price on a bodykit can be repeated.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #30
lincoln
Blinded

I got a quote from Alto for $440 yesterday on the 3 door, so yeah, it's cheaper than the $700.

I don't think I'll get spares, I'll be writing into Ford re: some issues with the OEM kit on the ST.