Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Thank god we are still free to criticize the government. Cause it's feeling pretty good to do atm

Going back into lockdown is inevitable I think. Just hope they limit it to melbourne, and not drag all the covid free towns outside the capital with it. This is strictly a Melbourne problem.
Locking down all of Melbourne it seems as of 15 mins ago.

2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Minimum 6 weeks.....
This user likes this post:
Old 07-07-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Minimum 6 weeks.....
Good, Especially for us in country Victoria.
Gunna be quiet here near NSW closed border tomorrow.

2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Yeah mate well I hope it stays that way for others in the interem.

I know it's easy to point fingers but something is nqr about how this has rebounded so badly.

Poor leadership, people stupidity, protests, refusing testing, who knows. Maybe a combo of all in certain degrees
3 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #5
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the lockdown over for most of you, how did you enjoy it?

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/off...ng-b881601149z

You can measure your... interests... against those of the following suburbs in the Love Honey lockdown hall of fame. (Coppers in Perth must be feeling pretty good about now...)
Old 07-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #6
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Yeah mate well I hope it stays that way for others in the interem.

I know it's easy to point fingers but something is nqr about how this has rebounded so badly.

Poor leadership, people stupidity, protests, refusing testing, who knows. Maybe a combo of all in certain degrees
Nothing is quite right about it.

The greater level of fear and panic compared to the real/actual mortality rate that doesn't add up in my opinion. Not compared to other diseases WITH a vaccine available.

It's hard to point a finger at any one area.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 08-07-2020, 05:11 AM   #7
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Nothing is quite right about it.

The greater level of fear and panic compared to the real/actual mortality rate that doesn't add up in my opinion. Not compared to other diseases WITH a vaccine available.

It's hard to point a finger at any one area.
Too bad similar drastic actions with media and government exposure aren’t directed towards real killers within society - drug abuse and dependence, suicides, depression and preventable road deaths/poor driving.

What does this entail for Victoria, 6 weeks of lockdown.... surely their hospo and retail businesses are going to be decimated? Along with many more business in other industries.

All for what, saving 80 year olds that already have a foot in the grave? **** me. There is going to be some real resentment with the younger generations when or if this massive over reaction comes to light further down the track.

Winter is here and like every year rest homes in cooler climates have old folks dropping like flies. I’m sure these deaths will be attributed to Covid.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:10 AM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Too bad similar drastic actions with media and government exposure aren’t directed towards real killers within society - drug abuse and dependence, suicides, depression and preventable road deaths/poor driving.

What does this entail for Victoria, 6 weeks of lockdown.... surely their hospo and retail businesses are going to be decimated? Along with many more business in other industries.

All for what, saving 80 year olds that already have a foot in the grave? **** me. There is going to be some real resentment with the younger generations when or if this massive over reaction comes to light further down the track.

Winter is here and like every year rest homes in cooler climates have old folks dropping like flies. I’m sure these deaths will be attributed to Covid.
Melbourne is the countries hospitality centre, it's reputation is around food, art and culture - huge hit to business.

Hospitality is already marginal as it is hence the industry bulk dodgy practice and being a visa factory for European migrants.

The economic impact is mostly effecting under 30s so that's why the people calling the shots don't care about it's economic impact as it doesn't effect them.

Personally if I was running the show is have let it run rampant, perfect once in a lifetime opportunity to clear out the dregs of society who are a drain on the system, I'd be happy with a 20% reduction in our population, it'd solve overcrowding problems of Melbourne and Sydney that have been caused by successive failures by all the previous governments through lack of infrastructure investment and ridiculous migration scams to satisfy their 'Big Australia' fetish.

Case in point 3031/3051 USSR towers.

The people who came out on the other side (the majority) would have better quality of life.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 08-07-2020 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:31 AM   #9
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post

Yeah mate lets get rid of those pesky old people, i mean what have they done for society, fought wars built the country maybe gone with out so you have a roof over your head and clothed you, just wow. Maybe if you lot had just stayed home for the month not partied gone to the beach and kept out of random pointless protests you might be in a better position. Wether Covid is a thing or not your lack of respect for old people is a worry.

Last edited by five 7; 08-07-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:24 PM   #10
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep, and just keep an eye locally for the next couple of weeks as of the holiday travel, but this move could be very good to preserve the regions, their people and their hospital capacity.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:36 PM   #11
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Yep, and just keep an eye locally for the next couple of weeks as of the holiday travel, but this move could be very good to preserve the regions, their people and their hospital capacity.
Yes, all the locals are keeping their distance from Out of Towner's as we have right from the start.

4 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2020, 09:07 PM   #12
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
A bitter pill to swallow for us Mexicans again.
Kinda makes the previous stage 3 lockdown pain all a waste as we scramble to keep the numbers down again. People need to understand that we are in a control phase and it needs to be maintained until a vaccine. Easing restrictions seemed to be a license for everyone to go about their normal business with a lessened sense of safety. I just hope all the other states learn to manage their restriction strategy better than we did.

I’m off to find toilet paper now.... seems the moron hoard mentality is alive and well again. @)(;:!ck

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
4 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2020, 10:21 PM   #13
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Hopelessly managed self isolation system, inadequate supervision (oh yeah don’t forget The bonking), little-no training, lack of PPE. Quarantined people on walk-about... is it any surprise?

Just convene another BLM march to break the boredom !

Dan is making Palachook look like a freaking genius
7 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2020, 10:46 PM   #14
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

Refer post 3890 in thread. No one agreed.

Maybe now?

Tassie has had poor leaders sure but this guy seriously, just so unimpressive. (just speaking from afar)
Old 07-07-2020, 11:10 PM   #15
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Refer post 3890 in thread. No one agreed.

Maybe now?

Tassie has had poor leaders sure but this guy seriously, just so unimpressive. (just speaking from afar)
Jeez Mercury what sort of doo doo would be in if we were to rely on Rebecca and the O’byrnes to get us out of trouble
2 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2020, 12:39 AM   #16
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Jeez Mercury what sort of doo doo would be in if we were to rely on Rebecca and the O’byrnes to get us out of trouble
I went to school with her partner.

Rebecca is a beautiful woman and great at her job. Gutwein I wouldn't vote for but he's been surprisingly good.

Sure challenging, but watching Dan Andrews embarass himself on TV and Vic basically implode (again) I'm very confident.

I've met David many times. He's a good bloke.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:59 AM   #17
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I went to school with her partner.

Rebecca is a beautiful woman and great at her job. Gutwein I wouldn't vote for but he's been surprisingly good.

Sure challenging, but watching Dan Andrews embarass himself on TV and Vic basically implode (again) I'm very confident.

I've met David many times. He's a good bloke.
Spoken like a true Labor red ragger!!
Old 08-07-2020, 12:44 AM   #18
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Hopelessly managed self isolation system, inadequate supervision (oh yeah don’t forget The bonking), little-no training, lack of PPE. Quarantined people on walk-about... is it any surprise?

Just convene another BLM march to break the boredom !

Mistakes were made

And...

Add into that school holidays to spread it!