Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Default Behind the wheel of Oz's Fastest Ford

G'day,

Yesterday I went to the first meet at Motorplex in Kwinana. At the end of the evening I went for a look in the pits. Taking a few happy shots and ended up at the McSweeney Falcon.

While I was taking my pics two of the crew walked up and asked if I wanted to have a look inside. Next thing I know I am basically being pushed into the drivers seat.

Now I have to tell you, It gives a pretty good buzz when you actually sit in the thing. The view and seating position are just amazing. Check pic!

Even without helmet on there is a fairly restricted view forward, let alone when you have to sight the tree and it is on the lefthand side of you.

I have to say that the whole crew including John the driver are the most relaxed and genuine people. They have a real pasion for the blue oval and are prepared to share this with other fans.

The car had its new four speed box fitted. This gave them their best 60ft time, but had to shud down early due to severe tyre shake. John believed his teeth were about to fall out! He also mentioned something about plans to build an 2005 Mustang Doorslammer for next year.

Anyhow just had to share this....

Baz

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Bloody hell. Id hate to try and drive that. I complain because my rearview mirror is to low and takes up like 10cmsq of my windscreen
Old 23-10-2005, 07:49 PM   #3
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.bemcsweeneyracing.com.au

There was also a BA XR8 Super Gasser

Real good to see some late(r) model Ford stuff.

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #4
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Whoa! Love the Boss 685 Sticker!
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 02:00 AM   #5
ridefox
nitro addict

here is one or two more pics from the night

Link(hope it works):http://photobucket.com/albums/c232/ridefox/

Last edited by ridefox; 24-10-2005 at 02:06 AM.
ridefox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 02:06 AM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Isn't that just fibreglass shaped to look like an EB? Its not really a falcon is it, meh I never understood the deal with funny cars....

If anyone can explain what actually makes them the fibreglass replica that surrounds the rollcage, then i'd appreciate it.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 02:59 AM   #7
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Roof and quarter panels are steel...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 08:12 AM   #8
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to mention it isn't a funnycar, it's a doorslammer.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post