Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 24-09-2005, 12:22 AM   #1
Chris
AFF.com.au

Default Broke the 260 trans!!!!

FINALLY, we have found the weak link.

Tonight at calder, recorded my best ever increments to half track, 1.80 60, 88mph to the half, 8.0 to the half, then when i found third, the car felt slow.

I looked over at the tach and it was holding peak revs. I got off it and back on it, and she slid like a slushpile through the top end, 12.74, my PB for calder, but about 4 tenths shy of where I wanted to be.

tailgate on, exhaust on, fulll tank of gas, with slicks and my 75mm throttle body.

I'll pull the tranny out tomorrow night and give it to the lads to take care of whilst im in canberra. although its a calder PB, thoroughly dissapointed. But, its not all bad. Part of the reason we push these limits is so that you guys come to know what to expect from your cars.

But stuff it, soon as i get back, ill get it back on the dyno with the new plenum, back down to calder and i'll rip its head off!!

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 12:25 AM   #2
rodderz

I guess that answers my question in the other thread Chris!

Well done on pushing the limits anyhow, if it werent for such efforts these results would still be an unknown in a 260...for quite a while anyway

Considering how low the mph is it would of been a killer time if the run had been completed fully on the gas
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate. Nice to meet you for the first time tonight. It's a shame cos I wanted to see you run a few more times and perhaps run along side you to see how big the difference was.

You would have knocked 4 tenths of that easy....early on in the night the air was dirty and humid....... later on it was cool and crisp but with about 60 cars lined up!! Grrrrrrrr would have been a good 30min wait between runs.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
dute
SLYME UTE

Bad luck Bud, I know you will get it right ,

Time will tell on how quick you can get the BOSS to dance. :

Cheers
Pete...
Old 24-09-2005, 08:24 AM   #5
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
FINALLY, we have found the weak link.

Tonight at calder, recorded my best ever increments to half track, 1.80 60, 88mph to the half, 8.0 to the half, then when i found third, the car felt slow.

I looked over at the tach and it was holding peak revs. I got off it and back on it, and she slid like a slushpile through the top end, 12.74, my PB for calder, but about 4 tenths shy of where I wanted to be.

tailgate on, exhaust on, fulll tank of gas, with slicks and my 75mm throttle body.

I'll pull the tranny out tomorrow night and give it to the lads to take care of whilst im in canberra. although its a calder PB, thoroughly dissapointed. But, its not all bad. Part of the reason we push these limits is so that you guys come to know what to expect from your cars.

But stuff it, soon as i get back, ill get it back on the dyno with the new plenum, back down to calder and i'll rip its head off!!

Bad luck mate, I know how you feel.
Let me know how the R & D on the tranny goes. I'm still looking!!!!!!!!!!! and you know who I prefer to deal with.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #6
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Thats what i wanted to hear!!
Old 24-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #7
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a bugger, I'm sure that wont put you off mate : be back with a vengence I would think.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Sorry to hear Chris, when i spoke to you last night, you sounded disappointed but yet happy. cant wait to see u back in action

Simon
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #9
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not a bad time considering. Also Chris straight after you have ripped it's head of a Calder, send one off those plenums up to me pronto...

Can't wait to see what sort of a time it will pull with a stronger trannie, new plenum and the new tunes. Out off curiosity how would the 5 speed manual box handle the power your ute is dishing out.

P.S your package did not turn up on Friday. Does not matter I should get on Monday.. Fingers crossed..

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post